Print

Author Topic: Your Personal Secrets Pertaining To Video Games  (Read 24546 times)

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 06:21:08 PM »
I hate and absolutely stand against the use of Gamesharks and Action Replays, yet have no problem using sharked Master Balls to capture legendaries in Pokemon.

How's that?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 06:35:54 PM »
I choked my little brother when he tore my animal crossing game booklet.

Christ Farley! You need to get that anger under control.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 08:41:14 PM by TEM »

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006, 07:29:30 PM »
I could only beat Sonic Adventure whilst wearing an orange hat adorned with McDonald's The Dog keychains. Sadly, I lost that hat in DC over the summer. T_T
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 07:47:07 PM »
I used to let my sister win at Mario Kart 64 by telling her that my karts engine failed.  I stopped doing that when she could beat me fair and square.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 08:39:01 PM »
So you take out anger on animate objects?

I often just don't take it out on anything, though in video games sometimes I yell out insults at annoying bad guys and stuff.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2006, 09:56:41 AM »
I do the same. One of my favorite bad guy insults is "monkey-licker". I came up with that one completely at random.

I used to let my sister win at Mario Kart 64 by telling her that my karts engine failed.  I stopped doing that when she could beat me fair and square.

Aw, that's nice. I did the opposite - I'd half-unplug my sister's controllers in certain games and tell her that something was wrong with her character. Wait a minute...I did that? And I sold GameStop their own games? Man, I'm a jerk.
every

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2006, 11:04:07 AM »
I used to leave half the plug out of my little sisters, too, because she started beating me in SSBM. That ticked me off, and I had a bad attitude about it and half unplugged her controller.

Oh yeah. I'm afraid of that pyramid in Paper Mario. It's freaky!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2006, 12:48:25 PM »
That pyramid just annoyed me. All triangular and stuff...
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2006, 02:17:31 PM »
I used to read strategy guides like novels all the time. That's the only way I was ever able to beat any games.

There, I finally said it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2006, 05:03:28 PM »
Luigi's Mansion has some genuinely creepy moments.
Quiet, Vid.
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2006, 05:36:46 PM »
I'm definitely not trying to be rude/insulting when I say that people being scared of stuff in Luigi's Mansion is amusing to me.

So, please STOP accusing me of being rude, I don't care who you are.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2006, 06:23:40 PM »
Fine I'll list as many things in LM that I thought was scary as I can:

-The chandilier thing I posted before.
-The Chauncy boss battle.
-When you search a mirror with the GBH and get warped back to the Foyer.
-Using the GBH in a room with one of the Gallery Ghosts uncaught.
-Any of the rooms where inanimate objects fling themselves at you.
-The room with Sue Pea.
-The Blackout after the Boolossus boss battle.
-Any room where you have to fight the Grabby Ghosts you can only see in a mirror.
-Trying to catch all the ghosts in the Sealed room without accidently opening the chests.*
-When you vaccum the projection screen in the Movie Room and the 'Get Out' picture appears.
-Being able to walk around and search within the first few feet of King Boo's room without him seeing you.

* This one really wasn't scary so much as nerve-wracking.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2006, 07:00:05 PM »
Yeah, the mirror-only ghosts can make you shiver pretty badly if they appear suddenly. I forgot about the blackout, that got bad at some points. I remember almost being paralyzed when I fought the separate parts that made Boolossus.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2006, 07:45:53 PM »
Most of those mentioned parts of the game I thought of as pure awesomeness. Thanks for tormenting my desire to play Luigi's Mansion.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2006, 07:58:14 PM »
I'd give you my copy...if I knew you.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print