Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394069 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2008, 08:18:48 AM »
I got Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS) Sunday morning at Target for $29.99.  Great game!

I downloaded VC Lords of Thunder (TG16) Monday morning.  It's good, but not as good as I'd expected from the internet hype.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2008, 08:21:09 AM »
I have a feeling my younger sister will buy Innocent Life ASAP. I don't really want to play anything coming out this week, because the only game I really want to play comes out next Friday (in Japan, anyway).

« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2008, 01:01:58 PM »
Harvest Moon was released on Virtual Console recently. I'm terrible at the game and lost interest after a few days of in-game play, but the concept and perceived degree of freedom is amazing. I think I played it just to run around the farm on the horse. No matter what Harvest Moon game it is, the horse always look great when sporting that red scarf/bandanna thing around its neck.
You didn't say wot wot.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2008, 03:55:25 PM »
I think LD forgot Wipeout Pulse for PSP (coming out tommorow)
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2008, 08:07:31 PM »
Whoa, Harvest Moon is on VC? I might have to try it out.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2008, 08:22:46 PM »
I'm interested in Harvest Moon, but almost all I saw on the vc-reviews.com video was harvesting and that looked like it could get boring.  Are there any automated planting/harvesting systems later in the game?  Do the adventure elements make it worthwhile? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #291 on: February 12, 2008, 09:16:34 PM »
Rumors were going around that SSB would be this weeks game, since it would've been the 200th VC title. Well, I gues that didn't happen *sigh* :(

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #292 on: February 12, 2008, 09:39:57 PM »
Rumor has it Dr. Mario will be release for Europe for VD.  Get it?

Actually, I just made that up.  So ignore me.  Everyone else else is doing it.

« Reply #293 on: February 12, 2008, 10:31:40 PM »
For the record, I wasn't impressed with Culdcept Saga. I've been playing the Burnout Revenge demo instead. I have yet to play the Turok one I downloaded.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2008, 11:05:55 PM »
Yeah, I dunno what the deal is with Harvest Moon because it isn't really adventurous or fighting or anything. And people love it.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2008, 11:32:37 PM »
I dunno. I suppose if I played a bit more of Rune Factory (which is "adventurous" and "fighting" of a sort), I'd probably have a lot of fun. The bit I played at the beginning was somewhat boring, though.

Audiosurf comes out on the 15th, by the way. Yet another game to add to my list of "$10 or less games I need to buy on Steam"...

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2008, 12:23:17 AM »
I'm not that impressed with Lords of Thunder so far.  I'll give it some time before give a final review though.

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm stuck in Lolo 2 and Bubble Bobble.

« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2008, 11:33:07 AM »
I got Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS) Sunday morning at Target for $29.99.  Great game!
Yes, it is lovely.

For the record, I wasn't impressed with Culdcept Saga.
I knew you wouldn't be. When you said, "thanks for the tip" I felt like I had tricked somebody, even though I was just talking to myself.

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm stuck in Lolo 2 and Bubble Bobble.
Dude, don't be ashamed of that. Bubble Bobble is hardkore and the Lolos are evil!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2008, 05:06:50 PM »
Dude at work said Rune Factory wasn't so great. But that's just one guy who is weird, so who knows?
That was a joke.

« Reply #299 on: February 13, 2008, 05:48:27 PM »
When you said, "thanks for the tip" I felt like I had tricked somebody
Nah. If someone enjoys a game, and it's readily available for me to play, I'm gonna play it.

Print