Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394022 times)

« Reply #390 on: April 30, 2008, 07:35:51 PM »
Looks like MaxVance did the ol' respond to the bottom of a previous page bit.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #391 on: April 30, 2008, 07:41:57 PM »
Hopefully by this time Friday I'll have seen Ironman... speaking of superhero movies, The Dark Knight also looks pretty good.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #392 on: May 02, 2008, 12:25:47 AM »
It has come to my attention that echochrome just came out.

A definite must-buy.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #393 on: May 02, 2008, 08:22:16 AM »
"The North American version of Echochrome contains 56 levels. The Japanese version contains 100." Sony is awesome.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #394 on: May 04, 2008, 07:51:45 PM »
I know tommorows VC update, which is:

Renegade - NES

Pokemon Puzzle League - N64 (I'm buying, just because I enjoy collecting the N64 games, for some odd reason.)

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #395 on: May 04, 2008, 09:48:31 PM »
I always wanted to play Pokémon Puzzle League.
Ditto used Machop!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #396 on: May 06, 2008, 11:54:12 PM »
It has come to my attention that echochrome just came out.

A definite must-buy.

I downloaded the demo, haven't bought it yet. Man, you guys are missing a good game in GTA Four, past all the "adult" themes it's a great 3rd person shooter, has a good storyline, and the travel system is much better. It's just so detailed and spread out, yet everything feels more connected in this iteration than the previous.

I am hooked on that game, it's amazing fun.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #397 on: May 07, 2008, 12:51:37 AM »
So why don't they make a fun game that isn't about random killing spree missions? If GTA4 isn't mainly about killing I apologize.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #398 on: May 07, 2008, 01:18:08 AM »
It's mainly about driving and killing. (And believe it or not, I've played GTA4)

« Reply #399 on: May 07, 2008, 04:30:47 AM »
So why don't they make a fun game that isn't about random killing spree missions?
They just did.

It was called Bully.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #400 on: May 07, 2008, 06:27:52 AM »
I never thought that game would even be worth trying for some reason.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #401 on: May 08, 2008, 07:02:14 AM »
Boom Blox (Wii) is awesome. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #402 on: May 08, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »
Boom Blox looks pretty good. I was suprised to see EA was making it.
Ditto used Machop!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #403 on: May 08, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »
I'm glad I filed for my tax return this year. Iron Man, Speed Racer, Indiana Jones 4 (I feel like I'm forgetting one or two). So much awesome and so much money.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #404 on: May 08, 2008, 12:18:21 PM »
So why don't they make a fun game that isn't about random killing spree missions? If GTA4 isn't mainly about killing I apologize.

You could argue that about any shooting game. Isn't Call of Duty 4 just random shooting missions, isn't Smash Brothers Brawl just random fighting? With GTA4 (and arguing and defending something on the internet is utterly pointless, but....) yes you do kill people, but the character development is what makes it addicting, and the story itself is pretty fleshed out. It shares a few RPG elements, but I guess you could say that about every open world game. It's a fun game because the mechanics work well, and sometimes yes, you just need a good "go randomly kill people" game, if you want to describe it that way.

I love the game, and I guess much like you all probably think I'm missing out by not playing [insert japan-only RPG here], I think you're missing out by not at least trying this game.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print