Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393608 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #465 on: June 17, 2008, 12:05:53 PM »
Worse:  it's a Breakout clone.

Nothing like yet another commercial re-hash of a fundamentally flawed game...
Go Moon!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #466 on: June 17, 2008, 12:19:37 PM »
Wait, two Breakout clones in one week? Wow. The one with the Square-Enix name attached to it will probably sell more, and it's most likely the better game (even though it's way too easy).

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #467 on: June 19, 2008, 04:04:06 PM »
I had Block Breaker on my dinosaur-crap-old computer on Windows 2.1.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #468 on: June 23, 2008, 12:34:45 PM »
What a good week! Guitar Hero: On Tour, FFTA2, Ticket to Ride, and the greatest week for Rock Band ever!

« Reply #469 on: June 23, 2008, 01:16:56 PM »
Yaaaay FFTA2!!!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #470 on: June 23, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
I had Block Breaker on my dinosaur-crap-old computer on Windows 2.1.
Didn't we all?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #471 on: June 23, 2008, 02:05:35 PM »
Ticket to Ride is like Catan in that I've had multiple opportunities to buy the physical version of the game but never did due to a lack of people to play it with (though now that I know how much shorter the latter is than other games, I'll probably end up buying it). I'm still completely uninterested in GH:OT, and I'll probably try FFTA2 to see if I can at least stand to play it in English - while I enjoy turn-based strategy, I have an immense dislike of forced turn order. I also don't like when it takes forever to skip through dialogue I can't read so that I can continue the battle.

Also, eww, Mega Man Star Force, and whoo, WALL-E.

« Reply #472 on: June 23, 2008, 03:03:56 PM »
Complaining about dialogue you can't read in a game you stole is bad form.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #473 on: June 23, 2008, 03:47:46 PM »
Did anyone else see Get Smart?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #474 on: June 24, 2008, 12:04:38 AM »
Where's Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs?

« Reply #475 on: July 01, 2008, 05:08:50 AM »
Well, I already have GH:Aerosmith and saw Hancock so let's see:

The title of 1 vs. 100 excited me until I found out it was just some stupid game show game.
Soul Calibur showing up on XBLA is sweetacular, but since I have 2 and 3 don't feel obligated to get 1. (Played a bunch of it in a SLC arcade recently, though.)
That Vesuvius RB song is free, btw.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #476 on: July 01, 2008, 09:45:14 AM »
I never finished the first Trauma Center, so I don't really want to play the new one, and I don't have a Wii or a 360, so no Magnetica or Soul Calibur for me. Also, 1 vs. 100 is a pretty stupid game show even when the "mob" (the 100) contains certified geniuses or people like Ken Jennings, so the game is probably even worse because that'd be kind of hard to do in a DS game, and also because it was an idiotic concept for a video game in the first place.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #477 on: July 01, 2008, 10:45:11 AM »
It's weird that they're apparently releasing Batman: The Movie on DVD again because I didn't think the first DVD version was out of print or anything.
That was a joke.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #478 on: July 01, 2008, 01:23:32 PM »
Soul Calibur showing up on XBLA is sweetacular, but since I have 2 and 3 don't feel obligated to get 1. (Played a bunch of it in a SLC arcade recently, though.)

I'd still buy it. It's the best one in the series (most people say.) I still play it on my Dreamcast. It's a great game. It was also one of the very few games to get a perfect '10' on EGM. That's not common, especially for a fighting game :)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #479 on: July 01, 2008, 02:05:20 PM »
I'm interested in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, but am torn between systems.  Now that I have a PS3 I'm considering gettin Guitar Hero and Rock Band stuff for it.  I'm currently taking a wait and see approach because I've read that the Wii will offer downloads in the future, but I haven't seen Nintendo's solution to the storage problem yet.  Also, are Guitar Hero and Rock Band guitar interchangeable on either system?

I want to see several movies including Hancock, Indiana Jones, and WALL·E, but I don't have much time for the theater now.

I'm also interested in Magnetica Twist WiiWare and enjoyed the DS version, but I have more than I have time for on PS3 now.  I'm actually playing Spyro the Dragon and other downloads more than my three PS3 games.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print