Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391557 times)

« Reply #600 on: October 21, 2008, 10:13:14 PM »
TEM always says to be a true fan you have to own the game 3 times. This will be my third purchase of Portal!

I'm a true fan.

Plus that 'Out of the Blue' achievement is too cool to pass up.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #601 on: October 22, 2008, 05:09:54 PM »
What's worse is that the extra maps are a map pack that was released for free as an adaptation of the Portal 2D flash game's levels.

That's like re-buying a movie you already own, for the YouTube fan trailers on the second disc.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #602 on: October 23, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »
I just downloaded the Still Alive demo, chalk me up for 1 and a half.

« Reply #603 on: October 23, 2008, 03:29:19 PM »
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is the only worthy game to obtain out of the 3.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #604 on: October 23, 2008, 05:07:19 PM »
I've never played MVC2. I'll buy it someday, but it's too bad it's so expensive now.

« Reply #605 on: October 23, 2008, 08:30:27 PM »
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is the only worthy game to obtain out of the 3.
What's your problem with Crackdown, the greatest game about jumping since SMB.

« Reply #606 on: October 23, 2008, 08:32:46 PM »
I've never played MVC2. I'll buy it someday, but it's too bad it's so expensive now.
I think it's coming to XBLA pretty soon.    \:D/

« Reply #607 on: October 29, 2008, 06:09:29 PM »
Mirror's Edge demo comes out Friday.

« Reply #608 on: November 19, 2008, 08:22:38 PM »
Space Invaders: The Original Game (Note: Not the original game)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #609 on: November 20, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »
I got L4D, haven't had a chance to really play a full "movie" yet. :(

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #610 on: November 20, 2008, 05:17:56 PM »
From what I've played of Wii Music one of the following has to be true:
1. Wii Music sucks
2. I suck at Wii Music
3  Both 1 and 2

Animal Crossing: City Folk has addicted me to Animal Crossing again. 

Also, Brain Challenge is pretty "fun" if you like that kind of "game".

World of Goo and Mega Man 9 are still awesome.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #611 on: November 20, 2008, 05:35:25 PM »
2. I suck at Wii Music
You do realize that, by authenticating that statement, you attain sub-human status?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #612 on: November 21, 2008, 06:16:09 AM »
You do realize that, by authenticating that statement, you attain sub-human status?
I assume that is a joke, but I will respond to it anyway.  I think it's important for one to know his or her own weaknesses.  That way one can A) improve on such tasks or B) concentrate on tasks that he/she are good at. 

I also do not like the term sub-human.  It implies that either some humans are less than human or that animals, plants, etc. are less than human.  Even though birds can't think like a human, most of them can fly.  I'd love to be able to fly.  My cat has to let me know to open the door, but he can flat-footed jump at least seven feet.  I'd love to be able to jump that high.  Most plants can't even move on their own, but it's be cool to be able to get energy from sunlight. 

Most animals are not sub-human, but merely different evolutionary branches.  Chimps and modern apes are our cousins.  They are not below or before use. 

My daughter sucks at most games.  Does that make her sub-human?

Anyway, I was told on NeoGAF about being able to press the negative button on the Wiimote to pull up a scroll similar to many modern music games, but haven't tried it yet.  Also, the Wiimote seemed to work fine in Wii Music, but my attached nunchuk did nothing.  Maybe I should have added an option:  4) I need to spank my nunchuk.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #613 on: November 21, 2008, 07:45:34 AM »
Whoa, man! I was just saying that if someone of your age and gaming proliferance really does suck at Wii Music... well, you might want to look into it. j/k, as the kids say.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #614 on: November 21, 2008, 08:44:57 AM »
I know.  I'd like to see a Lizard Dude review of Wii Music. 

Print