Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393994 times)

« Reply #630 on: December 08, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »
Might get Meteos Wars. *shrug*

The rest is POOPLY.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #631 on: December 08, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »
No, Persona 4 is quality.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #632 on: December 08, 2008, 09:30:11 PM »
PowerUp Forever goes on my list of XBLA shmups to buy when I get the system (this list is getting to be too long by far, so I need to hurry up and get a job), but no Meteos Wars for me because I own the original version and don't want to try to imagine it without touchscreen control.

« Reply #633 on: December 13, 2008, 02:42:05 AM »
Yes, Meteos Wars was a terrifying thing. You cursor around slowly, feeling unable to swiftly and accurately make the moves your brain cries out to. Things fall slower to compensate. Also there are super powers that add CRAZY RANDOMNESS for no good reason.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #634 on: December 13, 2008, 10:44:37 AM »
I just thought I'd mention that there are also DS and PC versions of that Neopets thing...and they have a weird system for recording achievements (the Wii version either doesn't have them or they're not available on the site yet). Basically, if you unlock one in the game (nine of the ten achievements in the DS version are stupidly easy, though I don't know how I'm going to get 2000 experience from placing a single piece - by the way, the game itself is like Othello meets PuzzleQuest, which is pretty much just as bad as it sounds), you get a code that goes in on the promotional page on the website, and you get stuff on your Neopets account. You also get puzzle pieces showing that you've gotten achievements...and two of the puzzle pieces are earned for having five achievements and probably the other is gotten for having all ten.

EDIT: Never mind, the thing on the website is a promotional tool, and a broken one at that.

Why do I care at all about this stuff? I recently logged into my 66-month-old Neopets account (donotcare95; it's the first place I used that username) for the first time in ages, and I've been messing around with stuff on it a bit, playing new games, realizing how easy some of the older games actually are, stuff like that.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:58:49 AM by WarpRattler »

« Reply #635 on: December 16, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »
I slapped a cowboy hat on my character and played the RB songs. Most fun I've had since the Yngwie stuff.

There was hootin'. There was hollerin'.

There was banjo.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #636 on: December 16, 2008, 11:25:46 PM »
I thought the insane amount of exclusive shmups was going to be my main justification for buying a 360.

I was horribly, utterly wrong.

This week's Rock Band songs are the first non-free DLC I'll be getting for sure (ensuring that I will get a version with DLC, since I'm not waiting forever for track packs and I really want to play the free stuff that isn't available on disc). These songs also transform Rock Band into the second game on the 360 my mother will fall in love with (the first being Galaga Legions), meaning two things: she might start playing video games other than Wario's Woods and old-school PopCap stuff, and I won't get yelled at for using the living room TV for rhythm games anymore (at least, not by her).

Also, I was disappointed when I looked up Burger Island and found that it was some sort of Diner Dash knockoff rather than some sort of BurgerTime spin-off. I miss BurgerTime.

« Reply #637 on: December 22, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »
There Are No Games

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #638 on: December 22, 2008, 04:42:28 PM »
Does anyone even want to see any of those movies that aren't The Spirit?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #639 on: December 22, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »
That Bedtime Stories looks like a pretty decent kids' flick, but otherwise no.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #640 on: December 22, 2008, 09:08:22 PM »
Does anyone even want to see any of those movies that aren't The Spirit?

Valkyrie looks interesting...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #641 on: December 22, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »
I'm just about to the point where I'm going to make a drinking game: Every time you see the ad for Valkyrie, you take a sip. Seriously, I don't watch a whole lot of TV and I swear I hear "we have to kill Hitler" three times a day. I'm simultaneously amazed that there are reviews for it so far in advance and that they expect anybody to want to see it when it comes out. Not that I think it's bad (it actually looks fairly, dare I say, gripping); they're just oversaturating it.

And while I'm mentioning drinking games, another: Every time Nancy Grace says "tot mom", chug it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #642 on: December 22, 2008, 10:18:06 PM »
My game: Drink every time ShadowBrain makes an "edgy" post.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #643 on: December 22, 2008, 10:29:12 PM »
Better get a liver donor on speed-dial, then.

In addendum to my previous post, why so many movies coming out on Christmas? Let's see, we've got The Spirit, Valkyrie, Marley and Me, Bedtime Stories... Obviously, these aren't going to be in theaters for one day only, but who's going to go see a movie on Christmas? And even if people do, having four-plus flicks competing isn't going to help anybody's wallet.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #644 on: December 22, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »
Uh, you do know that tons of movies are traditionally released on Christmas, right?
That was a joke.

Print