Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394267 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #645 on: December 22, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »
I'm just about to the point where I'm going to make a drinking game: Every time you see the ad for Valkyrie, you take a sip. Seriously, I don't watch a whole lot of TV and I swear I hear "we have to kill Hitler" three times a day. I'm simultaneously amazed that there are reviews for it so far in advance and that they expect anybody to want to see it when it comes out. Not that I think it's bad (it actually looks fairly, dare I say, gripping); they're just oversaturating it.
Oh, I've seen that ad a lot, but didn't catch the name of the movie.  It's hard to get everything while the DVR is going at 3X speed to get to the next House wants to do a dangerous procedure to save someone's life.  I like my TiVo better, but I can life with a DirecTV DVR since it still gets me past crazy Tom Cruise.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #646 on: December 23, 2008, 07:39:52 AM »
Uh, you do know that tons of movies are traditionally released on Christmas, right?
Yeah, but it seems like more this year... What came out last Christmas?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #647 on: December 30, 2008, 07:34:04 PM »
I really dug the drum part to Funk #49.

« Reply #648 on: January 05, 2009, 11:18:02 PM »
You can work peacefully on your sand castle or enter into a battle with invading crabs in Crab Battle mode. Players will strategically build their sand castle and use cannons to defend it against an army of destructive crabs.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #649 on: January 06, 2009, 12:11:21 AM »
army of destructive crabs.
[the joke is implied]
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #650 on: January 06, 2009, 03:59:36 AM »
There are three jokes in there.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #651 on: January 06, 2009, 06:53:24 AM »
Kirby's Dreamland 3, eh?  Does anyone know if it's long/big enough to spend money on?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #652 on: January 06, 2009, 07:19:07 AM »
No, but I've waiting on it a while and I'm quite pleased, albeit somewhat surprised, to see it suddenly pop up.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #653 on: January 06, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »
Depending on how good you are at interpreting what you have to do to get a star on each level, it can be a decent-length platformer with a bunch of cute animals and co-op capabilities or an excruciatingly long and frustrating game with a bunch of cute animals you'll want to tear into little pieces...and co-op capabilities.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #654 on: January 06, 2009, 09:06:57 AM »
Well, perhaps I'll splurge.  Perhaps not.  Maybe if I get bored.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #655 on: January 13, 2009, 01:19:37 AM »
People here often argue the definition of "hardcore gamer" and today I was struck with my perfect definition:

If you take a break from playing a game by playing a different game, you're a hardcore gamer.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #656 on: January 13, 2009, 08:09:46 AM »
Well, I'm balancing Zack and Wiki, GH:WT, and multiple VC games right now, but I don't really take breaks to swap.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #657 on: January 13, 2009, 04:12:14 PM »
I like this definition, because I play multiple turn-based strategy games at the same time or weird indie games while taking breaks from rhythm games requiring actual physical activity, Trials 2, or FPS stuff all the time.

Nothing for me this week, but it's interesting to see a pachinko game released in the US.

« Reply #658 on: January 13, 2009, 09:54:29 PM »
So no new XBLA games, just a Castle Crashers expansion containing two characters, three weapons, one animal, and four spells.

« Reply #659 on: January 13, 2009, 10:56:14 PM »
If you're counting content, the Braid theme gets released too.

Print