Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391556 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #840 on: July 15, 2009, 06:15:05 AM »
I would call this one the best adaptation yet in the series of films, with my only major complaint being that Tom Riddle is oh-so-obviously evil in the flashbacks. There is no way Dumbledore and Slughorn would not have been able to predict what he'd become, if even on a scale of "That guy's not so nice."

So yeah. Prisoner of Azkaban's movie was crap, Goblet of Fire's wasn't so bad if you ask me, Order of the Phoenix's was more crap, but Half-Blood Prince's is satisfactory, which I can say as a loyal fan to the novels and from a "How much would someone new to this series understand all this" point of view.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #841 on: July 20, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »
This week I will play Little King's Story and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord and touch nothing else.

Well, maybe the Splosion Man demo.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #842 on: July 20, 2009, 06:36:19 PM »
Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This? seems kind of cool. Certainly has a great name.

What all is included in Namco Museum Essentials? Obviously I wouldn't buy it (lacking a PS3 and having enough Namco Museum collections anyway), but I hear it has Dragon Spirit, which is basically Xevious reskinned as a fantasy shmup where you play as a (potentially twin-headed) dragon. Also leaderboards.

Probably buying the Country Pack in September.

Funny how everything I'm interested in this week is on systems I've avoided purchasing or requires hardware I'm waiting to purchase.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #843 on: July 21, 2009, 01:16:12 PM »
I've always (yes, the movie's been hyped for so long that I feel comfortable using that word) felt it odd that the main gimmick of The Orphan appears to be "this movie has a really awesome plot twist". Not even M. Night Shyamalan advertises like that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #844 on: July 21, 2009, 02:04:23 PM »
Weekly Releases (7-20)

What the heck! No VC releases this week?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #845 on: July 21, 2009, 02:09:20 PM »
Maybe they're building up for something big next week. 
*coughSSB64cough*

Hey, I can dream, can't I?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #846 on: July 21, 2009, 09:18:49 PM »
No. Dreaming is forbidden.
That was a joke.

« Reply #847 on: July 22, 2009, 02:46:47 AM »
Next week VC will surely be some Commodore 64 game that seventeen Europeans played.

I'm digging My Life as a Darklord. Way more fun and unique than Square Enix's first tower defense game, Crystal Defenders.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #848 on: July 24, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »
Little King's Story is awesome.  I highly recommend it. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #849 on: July 27, 2009, 08:53:57 PM »
There's not much info online about Rockin' Pretty but it appears to be a DS rhythm game where you earn money to buy clothes for the girls in your band. I'm so there!

Wii Sports Resort should already be in stores. Go buy it, now!

I'm not sure much more can be said about Marvel vs. Capcom 2. If you don't buy this, you must be some kind of retard!

Fat Princess will be out Thursday, but because of PlayStation release announcement policy won't show up on my list until next week. Thursday, though!

My brother is going to poop when he sees what this week's RB songs are!

And for Chupperson Weird this week we have Dragonball: Evolution releasing on Blu-ray/DVD!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #850 on: July 27, 2009, 10:04:27 PM »
Bookworm Adventures 2 picks up where the first left off. I was only able to play a demo of the original, but I'll probably buy the sequel if PopCap's site or Steam offers a bundle with both games for cheap.

I'll probably let Marvel vs. Capcom 2 take me 4 a ride in September.

If Rockin' Pretty is solid I'll look out for it.

I've heard East India Company described by words I equate with "will not run on my computer".

Space Bust-A-Move is more of the same gameplay and boring level design they've been giving us for years, only this time they added in the customizability from Arkanoid DS. Avoid it unless you imported the Taito DS Paddle Controller - this is the fourth game to support one of the coolest DS add-ons to not be released in the US.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #851 on: July 28, 2009, 06:41:32 AM »
What, still nothing on Virtual Console?  They had better be building up to something good.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #852 on: July 28, 2009, 11:18:53 AM »
Weekly Releases (7-20)

What the heck! No VC releases this week?

What the heck!! No VC releases this week either?? They had better be saving for a handful of games that are nothing short of spectacular.

Sorry to quote myself, btw..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #853 on: July 28, 2009, 12:29:35 PM »
No ______ EDITION? Lizard Dude you have failed me beyond comprehension
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #854 on: July 28, 2009, 03:16:18 PM »
I was shocked as well... but I must admit, I still do like his brief discussion(s) of the week's significant releases.

I'm not sure whether I want to buy Wii Sports Resort, thereby getting a MotionPlus, fourth Wii Remote, and a game, or hold out until a game I'm actually interested in uses the thing (the new Zelda...?) and then obtain it separately.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print