Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393509 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #930 on: August 17, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »
Solid, that's exactly what the game's about!

I'll most likely buy all of the ToMI episodes at some point after they've all been released, and probably Shadow Complex when we get a 360. Nothing else, though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #931 on: August 17, 2009, 08:56:07 PM »
There's tons of sudoku games on the DS, tons of games where you control a ball, and tons involving detective work. If I didn't know better I'd say that boxart was the header for some GamesRadar article about DS shovelware.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #932 on: August 17, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »
I'll give you sudoku, and I guess detective, but tons of games where you control a ball?

« Reply #933 on: August 17, 2009, 10:12:32 PM »
Super Monkey Ball DS, Pac 'n' Roll, and a forthcoming remake of Marble Madness are a few.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #934 on: August 17, 2009, 10:46:48 PM »
There are a few, but not a noticeable amount more than other systems.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #935 on: August 18, 2009, 04:18:05 PM »
For anyone with money/points to spend I have two recent releases that I strongly recommend:

Little King's Story Wii.  It's like Pikmin and Harvest Moon, but better than both put together.  Too bad they didn't advertise it more.  There is a lot to do in the game, and don't let the colorful graphics fool you.  This is a hardcore gamers game.  There are a few mature concepts in the dialogue, but little kids won't get them anyway. 

NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits WiiWare.  It's like LostWinds, but with better play control.  It has a little lease in the graphics department, but that is more than made up for in the cool controls.  You have direct control over the main character (unlike LostWinds), and use the pointer to interact with objects as you play. 

There not much recently that I'd highly recommend for PS3, but if you haven't got Flower PSN yet... Buy it today! 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #936 on: August 18, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »
NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits WiiWare.  It's like LostWinds, but with better play control.

I read this and thought of New Play Control! LostWinds
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #937 on: August 23, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »
Little King's Story Wii.  It's like Pikmin and Harvest Moon, but better than both put together.
Little King's Story is good, but I wouldn't say it's better than Pikmin. I prefer Pikmin's elegance. LKS has tons of job classes and with no whistle analogue, managing your horde is a bit of a chore. I really dig the music and writing, though. It also does a great job of capturing the feeling of taming the wilderness.

« Reply #938 on: August 24, 2009, 09:30:08 PM »
Arkham, Dissidia, and Layton need no introduction and will all be awestacular.

That Cursed Mountain box is radnormous. I had never heard of the game until today, but now I totally want to play it. Just from that picture.

And for Deezer this week we have The Clique: Diss and Make Up.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #939 on: August 24, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »
Cursed Mountain, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Whiteout... What, did fire and brimstone get old and now we're switching to the other end of the thermometer for... chills?

« Reply #940 on: August 24, 2009, 09:45:52 PM »
I'm not aware of a glut of games that take place in Hell/volcanos.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #941 on: August 24, 2009, 09:48:18 PM »
Mostly looking forward to Layton. Not much else.

My sister will want the new Harvest Moon DS game.

Apparently Sudoku Ball Detective actually comes out this week, according to Gamasutra.

(Radnormous sounds like it should be a potentially-really-dangerous healing item in Fallout.)

« Reply #942 on: August 24, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »
Yep, and it also comes out Sep 22 according to Amazon. Like C.O.R.E., Sudoku Ball Detective is surrounded by a haze of misinformation and will not appear on my list again, no matter how many times it comes out.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #943 on: August 24, 2009, 09:51:51 PM »
I'm not aware of a glut of games that take place in Hell/volcanos.
Well, I guess I meant horror/suspense media in general (and not necessarily as a location).

And while it may not be catagorizable as a "glut", I can name quite a few (Nintendo) games that take place in volcanos or other, similarly firey places (as for Hell... well, I'll give you that one, but how about the underworld?).

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #944 on: August 24, 2009, 09:55:56 PM »
Isn't Arkham Asylum going to see the return of Mark Hamill as the Joker?  (:3)

Also, Metroid Prime Trilogy.  Maybe now would be a good time to getting around to playing the Prime series.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print