Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393399 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #945 on: August 25, 2009, 10:29:41 AM »
I tried playing the Arkham Asylum demo on my computer but it kept freezing up whenever I did stuff. It was mad fun for the three minutes I got with it, though.

And while I don't have terribly high hopes for Cursed Mountain, or really any Wii survival horror game, I do agree that it has a very metal box illustration.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #946 on: August 25, 2009, 09:26:13 PM »
I played the Arkham Asylum demo twice on two systems because of how fun it was. It was so fun I did something that didn't make sense. If I wasn't mega college poor right now I'd definitely get the game.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #947 on: August 25, 2009, 11:02:11 PM »
I picked up Dissidia. It is mad fun. Garland is my flavorite.

I also want Arkham Asylum. Like, a lot. Also Layton.
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #948 on: September 02, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
First District 9, now Section 8. Hmm... (yeah, I know where the name comes from)

Also, I'm pretty happy with GH5 so far, except that there's this awkward system where you make an "online name" for yourself that sticks regardless of what "Progression" file you're playing, which wouldn't bug me so much except that it also just happens to be an offline name, so my brother and I either have to switch it back-and-forth or deal with the other guy's nickname appearing every time we start Career Mode, clear a song, etc. Also, instead of choosing/switching your band/save file straight up, you have to go through two or three options menus to do it. Neither of these issues are massive, but they didn't occur in GHWT and so it kind of bugs me.

Also, I'm not incredibly pleased with the set list so far, but that's what I thought about World Tour... and then I ended up loving almost every song. I think I have to just play through the songs in these games (the same often goes for albums) a few times before I start really liking some of them.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #949 on: September 02, 2009, 02:27:49 PM »
I'd go for a Guitar Hero game if it didn't contain any of that *pardon my opinion* new crap, and instead focused solely on 60's and 70's classic rock, and perhaps even some 50's oldies to boot.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #950 on: September 02, 2009, 03:28:19 PM »
Honestly, with a few exceptions, the tracklists declined sharply in quality after GH3, mostly since all the hard-rock classics were already used up. Now it's almost all emo pop and whatnot, with a few bits of awesome mixed in.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #951 on: September 02, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »
The first song had the best percentage of good main setlist songs (100%, maybe a little less).

« Reply #952 on: September 02, 2009, 03:39:16 PM »
The first song had the best percentage of good main setlist songs

Not only that, but the first game had the best percentage of good main setlist songs as well.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #953 on: September 02, 2009, 03:39:55 PM »
all the hard-rock classics were already used up

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #954 on: September 02, 2009, 03:52:36 PM »
If so, why is the series still ongoing? 

Coolboarders 2?  I had that game once.  Sold it to a friend for $5.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #955 on: September 02, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
CooooooooooooooooooooooolBoarderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssss

Fixed.

One of the first games I played when I got my PSX back in 1997. I'ma download it simply for nostalgia.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #956 on: September 02, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »
I cannot recommend Defense Grid: The Awakening hard enough - on PC. I have no idea yet how well it transferred to 360 controls, since it just came out and no one has talked much about it yet. The XBLA version is better-priced than the PC version, though.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #957 on: September 02, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »
I downloaded the first Phantasy Star but it's a bit on the confusing side since it's so primitive and I'm so young and used to fancy pants RPGs like Final Fantasy VII. Also, thanks for covering me back there Weegee.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #958 on: September 03, 2009, 01:11:04 AM »
FFVII is fancy pants? ?? ???

o_o
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #959 on: September 03, 2009, 09:41:58 AM »
FFXII is fancy pants. FFVII is regular pants. Phantasy Star is a loincloth.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print