Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393982 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1005 on: October 15, 2009, 11:38:46 PM »
Another week where the only games I already knew I was interested in at all are on systems I don't own. Too bad.

I hadn't heard of Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics, though, and looking it up just now, it definitely looks like something I want to play.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1006 on: October 16, 2009, 04:20:45 PM »
I'm not sure why some people are acting like it's such a sin to assume ABaHB is a WiiWare game.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1007 on: October 19, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »
Back on schedule.

Eufloria is definitely the most interesting-looking game this week. Not sure I'll get it though.

I had no clue there was going to be a Jam Sessions 2 until today! Looks like it has individual strings this time, and also DSi-exclusive features. I didn't use the original very much at all so I won't be getting this one. Cool that it exists, though. The DS is racking up a suspicious amount of pure music creation non-games.

Shootanto is a WiiWare lightgun game where you evolve your guy from poop-flinging monkey to modern soldier. Good to see that a game featuring literally hundreds of turds can still get the ol' E-rating.

This is a god-tier week for RB.

And for Deezer this week we have Charm Girls Club: Pajama Party.

This week marks the three year anniversary of when I started this thread! I have kept it up every week except while I was banned. I find it very useful for planning what I want to play and not letting things slip through. I hope you enjoy it too.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1008 on: October 19, 2009, 12:35:56 PM »
Apparently Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics actually comes out this week. If it turns out like C.O.R.E. and Sudoku Ball Detective I'm just going to ignore it entirely no matter how good it may be.

Jam Sessions 2 just makes me want a US release of KORG DS-10 Plus even more (even without having a DSi to take advantage of the exclusive features).

Space Invaders Extreme 2 is worth your twenty bucks. I'll explain why on Sunday.

Interested in Borderlands but going to wait on it.

I was initially surprised at LD's lack of interest in Pop'n Music but then I remembered that it is to Beatmania what Otomedius is to Gradius.

« Reply #1009 on: October 19, 2009, 01:39:08 PM »
That's got nothing to do with it; real Pop'n is as LEGIT as it gets. But this Wii thing looks like a motion-controlled POS.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1010 on: October 19, 2009, 02:16:47 PM »
Crap, man. Did Konami forget how to make console rhythm games or something?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1011 on: October 19, 2009, 06:34:04 PM »
What is this Revenge of King Piccolo?

Or this Secret Saturdays game?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1012 on: October 21, 2009, 03:14:57 PM »
I didn't watch the video in LD's post, so I didn't realize until reading the RPS article about it just now that Eufloria is what I already played and loved as Dyson. I highly recommend all of you at least try the demo.

« Reply #1013 on: October 26, 2009, 12:29:41 PM »
A long list this week, but the only thing I'm getting is DJ Hero.

I always meant to play the first All Star Cheer Squad but never got around to it. Now there's a sequel.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1014 on: October 26, 2009, 12:35:23 PM »
A Crack in Time, huh?

Another title for my hypothetical PS3 library.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1015 on: October 26, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »
Good call, good call.

Here's a little Lizard Dude factoid: I have never played even one minute of any Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter, or Sly Cooper game, but I totally want to play them all! I refuse to play a series out of order, though, so I'm always in a weird limbo of always ignoring the new ones but never thinking about tracking down the old ones. Ah well. Someday.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1016 on: October 26, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »
Nostalgia is a JRPG by the guys who did the DS ports of Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV.

Atelier Annie sounds interesting.

I probably won't be buying DJ Hero due to its prohibitive price tag.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1017 on: October 26, 2009, 01:43:25 PM »
Sam here but I REALLY FREAKING WANT IT.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1018 on: October 26, 2009, 05:39:16 PM »
I would play it if a friend brought it over but, yeah, I definitely wouldn't buy it.

Also, hells yes The Beautiful People on Guitar Hero. Yet alas, RB is getting Dragula and Superbeast...

Oh, and
I have never played even one minute of any Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter, or Sly Cooper game, but I totally want to play them all! I refuse to play a series out of order, though, so I'm always in a weird limbo of always ignoring the new ones but never thinking about tracking down the old ones. Ah well. Someday.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1019 on: October 26, 2009, 05:40:04 PM »
A Crack in Time, huh?
I got a call from GameStop today for "your game" which I assume is A Crack in Time.  I really want to play it, but have yet to complete the PSN download from this summer.

Here's a little Lizard Dude factoid: I have never played even one minute of any Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter, or Sly Cooper game, but I totally want to play them all! I refuse to play a series out of order...
The core Ratchet and Clank games are worth tracking down.  Sly Cooper is also cool.  I never got into Jak and Daxter for some reason though.

Yesterday I completed my Guitar Hero library (except Rocks the 80's and Van Halen) and will be busy with that for a while:

My PS2 games:
GH
GH2

My Wii game:
GH3

My PS3 games:
GH3
GH Aerosmith
GHWT(4)
GH Metallica
GHSH
GH5

GH, 2, and 3 have been completed, and I loaded the others to get the save files started then started playing SH because I love so many  of the songs.  Next I'll finish Metallica and then I'll import WT and SH into GH5. I'll replay 3 and sample Aerosmith as time allows or if I get bored with the other titles.

Last week I also downloaded Lost Winds 2 that I started, but need to complete and the Rock Climbing game I need to start. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:43:27 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print