Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393160 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1020 on: October 26, 2009, 05:45:17 PM »
It's Rocks the '80s, though your Guitar Hero ramblings have no place in a weekly releases thread during a week with no new Guitar Hero games.

« Reply #1021 on: October 26, 2009, 05:47:17 PM »
Seriously. What could be worse than talking about Guitar Hero in a thread which only makes occasional mention of the series? It's really something worth raising a fuss about.

In your expert opinion, Luigison, what would you say are the main gameplay differences between GH and RB, aside from the latter having drums and the like?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1022 on: October 26, 2009, 06:07:34 PM »
My original post was in response to LD's post, and then I added the GH bit after seeing Shadow's posts about GH.  I'd already had most of the info for Neogaf anyway.  Weegee, I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or a serious questions, but regardless I have no expert opinion on Rock Bank as I have never played it.  That's why I'm finishing GH now.  I'm really interested in RB drums though. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1023 on: October 26, 2009, 06:35:03 PM »
Rock Bank

"Take your teller from the lowly ranks of bank employee to the upper management and beyond! Non-stop adventures in cheque-writing and loan-denying await!"

Anyway, I was genuinely curious, but it's not as though it mattered.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1024 on: October 27, 2009, 01:54:32 AM »
I believe it's worth mentioning in this thread that Remedy have re-released Death Rally for modern Windows systems as freeware. I forgot just how addictive 1996 top-down combat racers are...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1025 on: October 27, 2009, 02:34:08 AM »
It happened last week, but good call.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1026 on: October 30, 2009, 04:53:57 AM »
PSN update:  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18211104&postcount=1 (Link to single post because NeoGAF often has posts that make dc804 look like a wallflower.)

Not much that terribly interests me, but I imagine some people want Loco Roco.  I'm not even sure why you'd want to play Super Stardust on PSP without dual analog controls.  There's a lot of RB songs, but looking back over other updates that seems very common and gives another reason to finish GH.  (Yes, I'm still rambling about that.)  I'm busy engineering a smart board for school now though. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1027 on: November 02, 2009, 02:07:39 PM »
Welcome to Weekly Releases: Subtitle Edition.

Apparently the DS version of LEGO Rock Band is the DS equivalent of Rock Band Unplugged. It's also the only thing this week I'm particularly interested in.

You guys should totally pick up R-TYPE on the VC if you don't already have R-TYPE Dimensions on XBLA or own the game in physical form.

« Reply #1028 on: November 02, 2009, 04:43:42 PM »
The Master System version?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1029 on: November 02, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »
If you don't already own any other version and are too cheap to spend another three bucks, go ahead and get the Master System version, yeah.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1030 on: November 02, 2009, 05:49:59 PM »
Heh, I physically own R-Type for Master System already.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1031 on: November 02, 2009, 07:42:25 PM »
As opposed to owning it in Soul Form.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1032 on: November 02, 2009, 07:43:51 PM »
Ooooooh, The Lost Frontier.  Maybe I should pick it up.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1033 on: November 02, 2009, 08:16:39 PM »
I guess Band Hero and Lego Rock Band will be battling to see who can further superficially emasculate their respective series.

But seriously, Rock Band looks like it's got good DLC this week, even if some of it's from Guitar Hero.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1034 on: November 02, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »
No reason to keep songs isolated to the inferior series.

And that GH DLC looks pretty good t–oh wait there isn't any.

I should mention that I'll be getting Lego Rock Band tomorrow and Band Hero later when I feel like it. I can't handle them both at once.

Print