Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394219 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1035 on: November 02, 2009, 08:37:20 PM »
Hey, there's Kiss songs coming for GH soon.

I'd get Rock Band/2, but... well, I guess I don't have a legitimate reason for not buying them, aside from money and the need to create my avatar/band all over again, as well as the number of songs the series shares with GH and the inevitable, albeit adaptable, confusion that would result from switching between the two series during parties.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1036 on: November 02, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »
the inferior series

Most consumers are unaware that GH and RB are actually the exact same product sold under two different names.

As intense as rocking out with Lego people sounds, its soundtrack severely limits rocking-out of any sort. Also, Band Hero is to music games as FaceSpace or MyBook is to social networking sites.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1037 on: November 02, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »
Band Hero exists solely to trick grandmas into buying it for their grandkids.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1038 on: November 02, 2009, 09:50:33 PM »
No, that's Rock Revolution.

« Reply #1039 on: November 02, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »
No, I believe that what he's referring to is Guitar Band, or perhaps Rock Hero.

Or Wii Music.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1040 on: November 02, 2009, 11:30:45 PM »
No, Wii Music exists solely to trick grandmas into buying it for themselves.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1041 on: November 03, 2009, 06:49:43 AM »
I lost.  I can't separate the sarcasm form ignorance on this page. 

I may eventually get Band Hero, VH GH, Rock Band 2 (importing Rock Band), Lego RB, Beatles RB, etc. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1042 on: November 03, 2009, 11:54:48 AM »
Did a guy whose mum puts his socks on for him just bash Lego Rock Band?

Did a guy who owns every Tokio Hotel album just bash Band Hero?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1043 on: November 03, 2009, 03:37:31 PM »
I object to that description. I don't have Schrei or Zimmer 483 yet.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1044 on: November 09, 2009, 03:48:57 PM »
My 360 is currently away for E74 repair so I'm glad I'm not a CoD guy. Next week, though, things could get ugly.

Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble is the game I'm most likely to get this week, but we'll see. It's a 3D schoolyard beat-them-up with a focus on insane moves, sort of reminds me of God Hand. It's the third in the series, but the first one to get US release. Also I'm pretty sure the first time a game has had the word "badass" in the title.

Speaking of firsts, System Flaw is the first DSi exclusive game I've seen release.

Speaking of DSi, I always suspected Electroplankton would see chopped-up DSi release like this, and here they are!

Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap is the fourth game in the Wonder Boy series. Yep. And it's also already on VC as a TG16 game called Dragon's Curse. Yep. The actual Wonder Boy 3 never got a US release. But it did get a US VC import release, titled Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair. Uh huh.

And for Deezer this week we have Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey: The Greatest Show on Earth: Circus Friends: Asian Elephants.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 03:50:42 PM by Lizard Dude »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1045 on: November 09, 2009, 04:33:12 PM »
A couple of DB[Z] games, neither of which are likely to be great. 

I happen to know my cousin's had his eye on Modern Warfare 2 for quite a while...

W-what the--!?  GEX!  I have some fond (and not so fond) memories of this game.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1046 on: November 09, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »
You seem to really latch on to licensed cartoon games, Turtlekid.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1047 on: November 09, 2009, 08:10:30 PM »
I don't really remember "latching on to them."  All I did was note them with slightly more interest than most titles on the list.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1048 on: November 09, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »
Yep. And all I did was note that you usually note them.

« Reply #1049 on: November 09, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey: The Greatest Show on Earth: Circus Friends: Asian Elephants.

That game's name is an easy contender for having one of the longest tiles in gaming history. By the way, here's a screenshot of the aformentioned game:

Print