Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393331 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1080 on: December 07, 2009, 01:51:11 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1081 on: December 07, 2009, 02:01:19 PM »
The existence of Qix ++ renews my hope for a DS Qix game in the style of SPAC3 INVADERS EXTR3ME (and gives me another XBLA-based reason to buy a 360, which doesn't really need to help at this point since I'm buying one for Mushihime-sama Futari). Nothing else I'm really interested in this week.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1082 on: December 08, 2009, 07:40:12 AM »
Aside from the release of the first Zelda game I'm probably not going to buy, looks like there's nothing to see here.

In somewhat belated news, though, I got Braid yesterday. Aside from aping The Sands of Time and Mario, and being fairly confusing at times, it's a wonderful little game.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1083 on: December 08, 2009, 02:51:06 PM »
Aside from aping The Sands of Time and Mario, and being fairly confusing at times, it's a wonderful little game.
It disgusts me how much of a noob you are. It disgusts me even to be responding to something you said.

« Reply #1084 on: December 14, 2009, 10:29:41 AM »
This week is actually pretty rad. Blaster Master is one of my favorite NES games, Moki Moki looks interesting, and the RB songs are all super besides 30 Seconds to Mars. Crank your speakers, hit this link, and get hyped.

Kurulin Fusion is notable because it has Uematsu-remixed Bach music. Too bad it's just another FREAKIN' puzzle game.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1085 on: December 14, 2009, 11:45:36 AM »
Lizard Dude, as always, has impeccable taste in games. I don't feel bad recommending Blaster Master as hard as Raiden Fighters Aces, Solomon's Key, or Space Invaders Extreme 2. (Note: Games not listed in order of quality.)

Bejeweled Twist is easily one of the most engaging and enjoyable match-3 games I've ever played, and those of you with DSis should certainly buy it on DSiWare.

Any idea what's on the Konami Classics collections? Are they just collections of games previously released on XBLA like usual?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1086 on: December 17, 2009, 08:44:31 PM »
Final Fantasy VIII is now available on the PlayStation Network.

« Reply #1087 on: December 18, 2009, 03:05:05 AM »
Yeah, and a Peace Walker demo!

« Reply #1088 on: December 18, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »
This Peace Walker demo is pretty big. There are five missions and the first took me 33 minutes to beat (29 of the minutes were cutscene).

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1089 on: December 21, 2009, 02:31:03 PM »
Beating LD to the punch...

Was there anyone who wanted Guitar Hero: Van Halen that didn't get it for free?

EdwardDinero from #tmk won't shut up about the new Crystal Chronicles game. Or Super Smash Bros. on VC.

I don't really know much about that new Square Enix shoot-'em-up on XBLA aside from its name and that it's 1200 MS Points.

I care more about this week's Japanese release of DARIUS BURST than anything coming out in the US, since that game is one of my reasons for deciding to buy a PSP after this holiday season is over.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1090 on: December 21, 2009, 02:36:59 PM »
Was there anyone who wanted Guitar Hero: Van Halen that didn't get it for free?
* Luigison missed the freebie as he usually waits till summer to play such games.  Having a family and job really cuts into my gaming during the school year.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1091 on: December 22, 2009, 02:54:17 PM »
Man, meager week...

« Reply #1092 on: December 22, 2009, 02:56:02 PM »
OMFG TAYSWIFT ON GH
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1093 on: December 22, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »
She's already on Band Hero...

« Reply #1094 on: December 22, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »
This is not a meager week. I will play/have played both disc games coming out this week. Playing 100% of the releases is not meager. SSB and FFVIII are not meager retro releases. Free "Hark The Herald Angels Sing" in GH and Weezer in RB is not meager. This is a good week!

Print