Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391633 times)

« Reply #1155 on: February 02, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »
Apparently they do!

« Reply #1156 on: February 08, 2010, 12:42:22 PM »
BioShock 2, obv.

I've waited like a year for Darwinia+

I played the Who halftime show after the game yesterday. It's an epic-length track and the only other thing like it is the Abbey Road medley. The vocals are pretty weak compared to the o.g. recordings, but what do you expect from a 129-year old man? There's a sweet drum breakdown near the end.

Entire Megadeth album, too.

All in all, a god-tier week.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1157 on: February 08, 2010, 02:21:21 PM »
All I really care about is
BIOSHOCK 2
but I don't have a computer that can run it right now, so I'll have to wait.

Oh, Blaster Master Overdrive does seem pretty cool.

« Reply #1158 on: February 08, 2010, 05:56:52 PM »
Whatever, dude. Save the excitement for the people who are actually going to play it on release day.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1159 on: February 09, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
My roommate bought Dante's Inferno for PSTrippple and it's really awesome. It definitely has the GoW combat style (I'm going to play the original Devil May Cry to see if THAT's actually the combat style I'm talking about) but the aesthetics of the hell environment are to die for. The first boss fight is really awesome (though really makes me want more information about the after effects of the fight). I'd buy it but I'm just going to play on my friend's disc.

« Reply #1160 on: February 16, 2010, 08:20:56 PM »
I don't have much to say about this week so I'll just comment on recent events:

Captain Jim sale: confirmed. :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:45:14 PM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #1161 on: February 16, 2010, 08:27:06 PM »
Interesting Rock Band selections... I've never imagined Otis Redding's "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" as much of a guitar-oriented track, but it's still good to see.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:59:29 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1162 on: February 16, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »
Heeey, Sim Theme Park!  I remember that!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1163 on: February 16, 2010, 08:41:55 PM »
What's with the obsession with putting PSX ports of real-time strategy games on PSN?

I'm ever-so-slightly interested in Ragnarok DS, though I've never played Ragnarok Online. If it turns out well, it'll raise my hopes for MapleStory DS being good as well.

Speaking of DS ports of non-games, KORG DS-10 Plus!

That Data East collection has Burgertime, Magical Drop III, and Heavy Barrel.

« Reply #1164 on: February 16, 2010, 08:53:05 PM »
Interesting Guitar Hero selections... I've never imagined Otis Redding's "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" as much of a guitar-oriented track, but it's still good to see.
That's RB. But yes, definitely a singer's week. Which is okay after last week. Every song of Rust in Peace save one was a bombastic tour de force of pure fun for guitar, bass, and drums all at the same. Probably my favorite RB week ever. As far as bass is concerned, no contest.

« Reply #1165 on: February 16, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »
My roommate bought Dante's Inferno for PSTrippple and it's really awesome. It definitely has the GoW combat style (I'm going to play the original Devil May Cry to see if THAT's actually the combat style I'm talking about) but the aesthetics of the hell environment are to die for. The first boss fight is really awesome (though really makes me want more information about the after effects of the fight). I'd buy it but I'm just going to play on my friend's disc.
I really didn't dig the demo man. Especially right next to Bayonetta.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1166 on: February 17, 2010, 08:03:53 AM »
I've been increasingly considering KORG DS-10 (Plus), and that's about it.

Also, I had no idea Sim Theme Park came out on the PlayStation. One of the few PC games I ever had--boy, did it make me appreciate Rollercoaster Tycoon.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1167 on: February 17, 2010, 11:17:44 AM »
I'm kinda amazed that DS-10 Plus came out here, and kinda disappointed that I already own the original.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1168 on: February 22, 2010, 11:48:27 AM »
Indigo Prophecy contained experiences unlike anything I'd ever played before or after, and for that, Heavy Rain is a must-buy.

I heard many good things about the iPhone version of Flight Control.

Factoid about Napoleon: Total War: the same voice actor plays Napoleon in the English, German, French, and Spanish versions!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1169 on: February 22, 2010, 12:01:14 PM »
After a slight blip on the Nostalgia RadarTM with SimTheme Park last week, it's back to more titles I've never heard of.  Where's Einhander (on the US store, anyway)?  Where's Tomba?

Actually, they haven't done a horrible job putting out classic titles, it's just that I already have most of those on disc, or can borrow them from a friend.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print