Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391571 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1275 on: June 07, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »
Just when I finally got all four. :|
That was a joke.

« Reply #1276 on: June 10, 2010, 01:10:59 AM »
Hmm, if my next 360 game has a red spine I'm going to start getting suspicious.

« Reply #1277 on: June 10, 2010, 01:16:04 AM »
Even Medusa's head is shocked.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1278 on: June 10, 2010, 01:43:12 AM »
I like how even the game with "green" in its title has a red spine.

Also, looks like I'm holding off on buying Mega Man Zero Collection to make sure I have enough money for if I win this beatmania IIDX controller I'm bidding on. I will definitely be buying it next week at the latest, though.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1279 on: June 10, 2010, 11:51:20 AM »
I still need to see if my parents will make an exception to their rule for Assassin's Creed II.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1280 on: June 10, 2010, 05:18:30 PM »
Tell them that it's actually called Apostle's Creed II, and that it's rated M for Methodist.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1281 on: June 10, 2010, 05:30:55 PM »
Heck, I bought a trio of M-rated games lately--my first ever--and... yeah, not as mythically mature as I grew up believing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1282 on: June 10, 2010, 06:02:52 PM »
Tell them that it's actually called Apostle's Creed II, and that it's rated M for Methodist.
I lost.

My mom says "funny, but I'm not that gullible."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1283 on: June 10, 2010, 08:01:18 PM »
Coincidentally, today I asked my mom permission to buy Assassin's Creed 2. But only because it's her paypal account and I figured she'd need to know about the transaction.

So, same situation, except I'm not a *****, and I actually purchased Assassin's Creed 2.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1284 on: June 10, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
In Turtlekid's situation, it's less him being a ***** and more that he has no method whatsoever of going around his parents to buy M-rated games behind their back.

I looked at my available funds and found that I have enough money right now to buy both things (though it looks like I'm not getting that controller anyway), so I almost bought Mega Man Zero Collection today, but I'm instead buying it tomorrow after we get our GameStop card upgraded to their new thing with bonus points and such.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1285 on: June 12, 2010, 12:53:01 AM »
I started playing Mega Man Zero Collection. The "easy scenario," in which you play through all four games back to back, really lives up to its name: you start off with everything except the weapons you collect throughout the story, and things like weapon levels and your life bar start off maxed out. It also bars you from gaining and using bosses' abilities in the later games - I imagine the idea here is that if you can't even play the games at their normal difficulty level, you don't deserve the special weapons that are supposed to be for especially skilled players. Unfortunately, this embarrassingly easy mode is the only way to unlock some of the bonuses in the collection.

Aside from Mega Man Zero 3, which has some DS-exclusive unlockable bonus features added, and Mega Man Zero 2, which I don't believe has the multiplayer mode of the GBA version, the games are perfect ports, to the extent that they even run at the same resolution as the GBA originals.

« Reply #1286 on: June 14, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
Updated 6/14

The gem of the week for me is Dance on Broadway. Just Dance was super fun and musicals are pimp.

I don't update it until Tuesdays when they do their real announcement, but PSN has some nice stuff this week including FFIX (voted Best FF, and note that its two votes came from the only two people who had actually played 'em all) and Gundemonium Collection (which looks very Warp).

XBLA has a megasale this week. All the following games are about %50 percent off and are also very fine* games:

Shadow Complex
Trials HD
Marvel vs Capcom 2
TMNT: Turtles in Time HD
Splosion Man
Alien Hominid HD
Banjo-Tooie
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Bomberman LIVE
Braid
Castle Crashers
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Contra
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers
N+
Portal: Still Alive
TMNT: 1989 Arcade

* Okay, so maybe Turtles in Time HD isn't "very fine", but I did bother to earn all its achievements which is worth something.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1287 on: June 14, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »
Oh yeah, I never voted in that thread or finished playing any of those games, mainly because MegaTen stuff ended up catching my JRPG interest a lot harder.

I haven't played any of the Gundemonium games (in fact, the only Platine Depositif game I've played is a freeware shmup called Starleaf YO, which stars a character that I guess is in the Gundemonium games since she's on the box for the PC version of the collection), but the trilogy was on PC first and the games have netbook-level system requirements, so I could go ahead and give them a spin.

I may pick up the PC version of Duels of the Planeswalkers.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1288 on: June 15, 2010, 06:09:21 AM »
Updated 6/14

XBLA has a megasale this week. All the following games are about %50 percent off and are also very fine* games:

Alien Hominid HD
Braid
N+
Portal: Still Alive
If Alien Hominid HD includes PDA GAMES then I can vouch for all four above as being very fine.  If you like Geometry Wars you should try Super Stardust HD.  Theirs a 3D version now too, but I haven't seen it in 3D yet. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1289 on: June 30, 2010, 07:56:45 AM »
I've been on vacation, but it's nice to come back to great releases like Maestro! Green Groove (DSiWare) and Jett Rocket (WiiWare). 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print