Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393401 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1365 on: September 21, 2010, 04:28:36 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSOne_Classics

When there are loads of PSone games that actually got English releases back in the day currently only available on the Japanese PSN, doing imports seems pretty lame.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1366 on: September 21, 2010, 05:54:21 AM »
Tomba! is not on that list.  That list is irrelevant.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1367 on: September 21, 2010, 07:19:32 AM »
No way. Releasing games that never hit the US > rereleasing old games. Even if they're not localized.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1368 on: September 21, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »
Except that while I can't speak for Gaia Seed, none of the Cho Aniki games have much going for them beyond the shock value. If they're going to do PSone imports, it would've been better to start with actually-good games like Zanac x Zanac, IQ Final, and Black/Matrix. (Also note: a large number of formerly-Japan-only games have been released on the Japanese and European PSNs but not the American PSN.)

« Reply #1369 on: September 21, 2010, 07:40:04 PM »
Dangit, Warp, don't disparage Sony doing something actually cool for once rather than their usual relentless march of suckitude.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1370 on: September 21, 2010, 08:04:41 PM »
They're still sucking, but in a cool way. Hopefully their future selections will be of higher quality.

Also, scratch Black/Matrix from my previous post - if games aren't getting localized, a text-heavy tactical RPG would be a nightmare. On the other hand, something like Gradius Gaiden, which doesn't seem to be on PSN in any capacity (can't even buy Gradius Collection through the service), would be perfect for an American PSN release, as the game was already almost completely in English (and a shmup anyway, so no one cares about the story; somehow I see most possible PSone imports being shmups or puzzle games for that reason).

« Reply #1371 on: September 21, 2010, 08:26:04 PM »
I pre-ordered Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light today. Here's hoping that it's every bit as conventional as critics have been complaining it is.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1372 on: September 21, 2010, 11:11:24 PM »
Somehow it's a Final Fantasy I think I may not be buying.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1373 on: September 22, 2010, 04:57:12 AM »
Back to Cladun: the developer's new game, a tower defense game in the same style, just came out in Japan. Let's hope for a swift release here.

« Reply #1374 on: September 22, 2010, 09:46:34 PM »
I pre-ordered Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light today. Here's hoping that it's every bit as conventional as critics have been complaining it is.
Hey buddy, this thread ain't called "Future Releases". GTFO!

« Reply #1375 on: September 23, 2010, 09:31:53 PM »
Blade Kitten is a bit the suck. Unfortunate.

My jury's still out on Cladun.

What "unconventional" JRPGs has WeeGee played id est how does he know conventional equals better.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1376 on: September 24, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »
I tried the Cladun demo from the Japanese PSN. Fighting one monster and going through a tiny bit of exposition is weak, especially after playing something like the God Eater demo, which features a full tutorial and five missions (one of which I haven't finished yet).

« Reply #1377 on: September 24, 2010, 05:09:27 PM »
What "unconventional" JRPGs has WeeGee played id est how does he know conventional equals better.

None id est I don't, but doing so would require stepping out of my comfort zone.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1378 on: September 27, 2010, 12:05:18 PM »
This week:

Dead RIsing 2
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
Front Mission Evolved
Quantum Theory
Hydrophobia
Samurai Warriors 3
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
Final Fantasy XIV
FIFA Soccer 11

And for Deezer this week we have Target Toss Pro: Lawn Darts.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1379 on: September 27, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
Lawn darts are pretty cool.

Poor Atelier Rorona. The box art doesn't even feature the main character of the game because retailers don't want games with anime art on their shelves. (Apparently the game itself is good, but another Atelier game just came out on PC a couple of weeks ago at a much lower price.)

Print