Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391639 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1380 on: September 27, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »
Quantum Theory
Until I can see it for myself I'm going to assume that game is good and bad. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1381 on: September 27, 2010, 04:57:18 PM »
AAaaaargh
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1382 on: September 27, 2010, 06:00:46 PM »
I'm not sure why it's called that, but the game does sound cool.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1383 on: October 01, 2010, 05:08:07 AM »
Today Namco Bandai released the Japanese demo for God Eater Burst, the expansion for their Monster Hunter clone God Eater. I thought the original game's demo was huge, with a full tutorial and five missions...God Eater Burst's demo features twenty-nine missions, full story cinematics, a large amount of equipment options, and full multiplayer functionality. This is a huge demo!

« Reply #1384 on: October 01, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »
A large variety of artists got tracks in RB this week, but I've been having a particularly grand time with The Doobie Brothers and My Chemical Romance's stuff. "Welcome to the Black Parade" is a brilliant RB song, with great parts for all players and nice interplay between them. It also builds to a mega-epic conclusion. Playing it is one of those moments that reminds me how rhythm games can provide highs at orders of magnitude beyond what other genres can, and why rhythm gaming is the Best Genre.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1385 on: October 01, 2010, 08:54:32 PM »
Yeah, I was contemplating the Black Parade and a few other songs, but I've already spent about $50 on music game DLC--among other things--and I kind of need to watch what I'm spending my money on.

« Reply #1386 on: October 01, 2010, 08:55:16 PM »
So, LD, when will those "technical difficulties" get themselves straightened out?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1387 on: October 01, 2010, 09:21:39 PM »
When I buy a computer. I'm usually not afraid to spend money but I'm a bit paralyzed ATM by the approaching twin headlights of the ultro-expensive RB3 / DC combo.

« Reply #1388 on: October 04, 2010, 06:13:55 AM »
This week:

Comic Jumper
NBA Jam
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Wii Party
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Def Jam Rapstar
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian SIgns
NBA 2K11
John Daly's ProStroke Golf
Magical Drop F (PSone import)
Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty (PSone import)

And for Deezer this week we have I Love Puppies.

Weekly Reading Assignment: Mechanic Spoilers: Beyond I Am Your Father

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1389 on: October 04, 2010, 07:47:48 AM »
Magical Drop? Now that's what I'm talking about!...

God[darnit], I don't have money to spend on PSone games. Why must you do this to me?

(Also, I somehow missed that article the first time around. Good read.)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1390 on: October 04, 2010, 11:20:18 AM »
Holy cow, I didn't realize Lords of Shadow was coming out so soon.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1391 on: October 04, 2010, 01:26:02 PM »
Weekly Reading Assignment: Mechanic Spoilers: Beyond I Am Your Father

tl;dr

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light

Call me unadventurous, but I'm stoked for this. 1990-style Square Enix gameplay with "Animal Crossing: Wild World-meets-Final Fantasy III" graphics? Count me in!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1392 on: October 04, 2010, 02:44:24 PM »
tl;dr
Every time you say that, a competent, self-respecting journalist dies.

That was a compelling article, but I think his point was best served when talking about Amnesia. In the other cases... what? If some part of the game got programmed crappy, we're supposed to keep it to ourselves?

« Reply #1393 on: October 04, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »
The sooner a problem in the game is visible, the more justified you are in exposing it. The further into the game it comes to light, the more I’ll try to soft-foot around it, making sure that the problem is noted without saying how to actively exploit it. Equally, the more likely anyone will want to play the game is – as in, it’s acceptable-if-iffy Mafia II rather than heinous-and-hateful Rise of The Robots – the more I’ll go soft and choose a less game-influencing example. And if the flaw fundamentally breaks the game rather than just reduces its appeal – as in, Empire rather than Amnesia – it has to be exposed. Is it a flaw which the game lives through or dies by? If it dies, you’re justified in killing it.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1394 on: October 04, 2010, 04:54:53 PM »
Ah, alright, I misread that. So... if a part near the end of a game "lives" on a flaw, then... nevermind. At least I read the article.

Print