Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393580 times)

« Reply #1485 on: November 08, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »
It's always been a problem. I've just never said anything until now. You're not even doing it right.

« Reply #1486 on: November 08, 2010, 09:18:16 PM »
Who said I was absent?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1487 on: November 08, 2010, 10:42:54 PM »
I don't care if the ghost of Hitler commandeers this thread, as long as I figure out what the weekly releases are.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1488 on: November 08, 2010, 11:36:28 PM »
I don't care if the ghost of Hitler commandeers this thread

This week's releases:

Super Aryan World
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:38:53 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1489 on: November 09, 2010, 08:37:01 AM »
Sounds pretty cool. I'll bet it's HeilStation exclusive, though.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1490 on: November 09, 2010, 09:46:55 AM »
HeilStation
An accurate description of Sony.

Instead of arguing about who posted stuff, let's actually talk about this week's releases:

Guwange is the XBLA port of Cave's excellent feudal Japan-themed shmup from 1999. In addition to the original arcade game, it's got a new Blue Label mode (a special, more difficult version with different scoring mechanics) and a mode designed around the Xbox 360 in which you fire automatically and use the sticks to control your character and shikigami independently.

FlingSmash sounds cool, but the real draw is the new model of the Wii Remote that's bundled with the game.

CODBLOPS

Just Dance: Kids is out this week. Is the tracklist as bad as the title makes it sound?

« Reply #1491 on: November 11, 2010, 03:24:30 AM »
If I actually played Rock Band, I'd have a raging hard-on for [that] week's song releases.

Also, Warp I approve of your Black Ops trailer link. it could only be better if it used the superior non-dialogue version.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1492 on: November 11, 2010, 07:47:43 AM »
The shmup fanbase is angry at Cave right now - reportedly, Guwange doesn't support tate and has forced widescreen, both awful design decisions for a vertical shooter. The more sensible fans are hoping for a title update, but no one can be sure.

The PSP port of Knights in the Nightmare is also out this week, and first-run copies and early PSN purchases include a free download copy of Yggdra Union. I didn't really like Knights in the Nightmare on DS, so I can't imagine how the game, which was built for a touchscreen, fares on a system without one.

The Wii Remote Plus isn't the only new controller that shipped this week, as the new revision of the Xbox 360 controller, which includes a special D-pad that can be switched from a plus to a disc, is also out now. I don't know how much this actually helps fix the worst D-pad ever.

We didn't get any new PSone releases this week, but if you've got a Japanese PSN account, their version of the line got the classic cute-'em-up Cotton 100% this week. And Mr. Wiggles, here's a demo just for you.

« Reply #1493 on: November 11, 2010, 02:16:05 PM »
Sweet, but I already have a dummy japanese PSN account set up for these kinds of things.

Or does this demo have some annoying region-locking? I wanna slaughter armies with a gunlancan' Darcsen without the hassle of those kinds of things.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1494 on: November 11, 2010, 02:53:59 PM »
No region-locking, but for me, at least, it's not worth dealing with logging into my Japanese PSN account and being locked out of stuff I've bought on my US account. If I download the demo from a non-PSN source like 4gamer or the game's site, the only hassle is having to clear stuff off my memory stick to open space for the demo.

« Reply #1495 on: November 11, 2010, 03:44:25 PM »
I see. I don't have access to my PS3 right now so I'll take your word for it and use that link.

160 mb? Bye bye Monster Hunter demo.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1496 on: November 12, 2010, 11:35:02 AM »
I misinterpreted some of the complaints - Guwange supports tate, but due to the forced widescreen it's only worth using if you have a 16:9 TV. As the majority of the shmup community uses 4:3 CRTs for their shmups and other TRUE-LOW-RES gaming, it's easy to see how this could be equated with not having the option.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1497 on: November 17, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »
This week:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Sonic Colors
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Split/Second (PSP)
DanceDanceRevolution

Pac-Man Championship DX (XBLA)
Peggle (PSN-P)
Sonic Wings Special (PSone import)
Money Idol Exchanger (PSone import)

« Reply #1498 on: November 17, 2010, 12:59:13 PM »
999 looks pretty interesting. I'd buy it now if it wasn't already set to hit bargain bins in about a month.

Is Mini-Land Mayhem actually good? I stopped playing the MvDK series when the second game came out and it abandoned the arcade style game play for touch screen puzzle mazes. I'd be willing to try again is the games have changed enough that it isn't so tedious and slow.

« Reply #1499 on: November 17, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
Seriously, Warp. Not your thread.

Print