Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393465 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1605 on: March 01, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »
BIT.TRIP RUNNER is the only  game everyone must own...
The others are good, but RUNNER is awesome.  I love the rhythm platformer combo!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1606 on: March 01, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »
I was so confused when I found out it was based on a true story.

Nacho Libre, or TEM being a child predator?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1607 on: March 07, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »
I wanted to play Torchlight this week but my "friends" made me buy Black and I can only handle one grindfest game where I can feel myself dying as I play at a time.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1608 on: March 07, 2011, 06:21:35 PM »
Torchlight isn't a grindfest.

« Reply #1609 on: March 07, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »
my "friends" made me buy Black and I can only handle one grindfest

That's what you get for using a "balanced" team rather than plowing through everything with your starter.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1610 on: March 07, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
I doubt he has much of a choice what with those ridiculous Triple and Rotation battles.

Also this week is apparently Disney week for PSOne Classics.  A Bug's Life is actually pretty good.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1611 on: March 07, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »
It's worth noting that several of those Disney PSone games were already released on PSN once but were removed at some point. I guess they waited to add them all back at once when they had enough to make a category just for Disney games (disregarding the fact that there have been enough Square games to warrant such for quite some time).

« Reply #1612 on: March 15, 2011, 01:36:30 AM »
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel, nice name.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1613 on: March 15, 2011, 02:47:05 AM »
God Eater Burst (D3 Publisher changed the title for the US, supposedly to not offend Christians, to which I say "**** political correctness") is the only new release for me this week. I can't wait to bite chunks out of monsters with my sword to gain new skills, but in English. And in the game.

Calling Dissidia Duodecim Prologus a "downloadable game" is almost as misleading as calling Dissidia a fighting game (it's more like Armored Core with a level system and Final Fantasy characters instead of mechs). It's a cash grab, a paid demo with significantly less content than a lot of the free demos Japanese developers have been releasing lately. On the other hand, it's an exclusive single-player scenario, involving one of the new characters, that sets up for the full game next week; you can carry everything over to the full game, though most PSP demos are like this nowadays; and you unlock Aerith as an assist character in the full game if you have clear data from Prologus on your memory stick. So you can also look at it as being like $3 pre-launch DLC.

Parasite Eve finally being on the US PSN is awesome, especially since word on the street is it'll only be $6 (most Square PSone classics are $10). I'll probably wait until next month to pick it up, though, since I'll have money then.

Also, Jikandia is a PSP game, not PS3.

« Reply #1614 on: March 15, 2011, 03:41:20 AM »
Maybe they were making it more politically correct by acknowledging polytheistic religions?

I would call Prologus the same thing that Case Zero was.

P.S. Someday I want to meet the guy in charge of naming Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy spinoffs. I bet he's a crazy dude.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1615 on: March 15, 2011, 03:49:47 AM »
The characters in game are still referred to as "God Eaters."

Didn't Dead Rising 2 have a normal demo in addition to Case Zero?

Also, I don't think I'd ever want to meet Tetsuya Nomura. The dude's insane.

« Reply #1616 on: March 15, 2011, 03:52:11 AM »
Oh.

No.

That's what I'm sayin'.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1617 on: March 15, 2011, 03:56:22 AM »
Did Case Zero at least have more than fifteen minutes worth of actual playable content, then?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1618 on: March 15, 2011, 04:29:57 AM »
If you bought the full version you had an hour, I think. From what I understand it's twelve hours long in game time, morning to night. One real hour.

You had an hour in the free demo (of the prologue, with the prologue itself being the demo of the game), too. But all you could do was goof off, as soon as you accomplished the first, very simple task the game gives you, it ends. So you could run around and grab stuff and kill zombies and make a limited number of combo weapons until the game's twelve hours run dry, but not accomplish anything.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:33:00 AM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1619 on: March 16, 2011, 05:07:10 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot that as an XBLA game it would have had to have a mandatory free trial. So I guess Dead Rising 2 does have a "normal demo", in a very weird way.

As far as "value", Case West Case Zero is exactly like the RE5 DLC scenarios. If the beginning to end of your experience is "beat the game", you might feel unsatisfied or ripped off. But if you aim to get all the achievements, you will have a lengthy, meaty, and difficult experience (especially if you don't look at any guides).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:36:25 AM by Lizard Dude »

Print