Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393952 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1635 on: April 26, 2011, 05:23:46 AM »
There's another XBLA game out this week. It's a platformer from Cave (the shmup company) called Nin2-Jump. They're also donating all proceeds from it through June 30 to relief efforts for earthquake victims.

The only other game this week I'm interested in is Darkspore, and I probably won't be playing that any time soon either.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1636 on: April 26, 2011, 08:00:07 AM »
Outland looks cool, but here I am again with a PS3.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1637 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:57 AM »
Oh snap, Trouble Witches Neo is out on XBLA this week as well. It's a port of the arcade version of the doujin PC shmup classic Trouble Witches, which is somewhat similar to Cave's DeathSmiles.

I'm broke right now, so it's a good thing I don't have a 360.

« Reply #1638 on: April 29, 2011, 08:32:02 PM »
There's last week. Remember those halcyon days, eagerly anticipating Portal 2 and playing games online with our PS3s? O! To be young again!

The RB songs were pretty sweet, especially the funky-as-hell Ohio Players tracks.

That 360 bundle disc is an über deal (if you're a n00b/idiot who doesn't already own those three üwesome games).

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1639 on: April 29, 2011, 10:37:15 PM »
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection is the definitive version of the Square classic. It includes a remake of Final Fantasy IV in the style of the PSP remakes of the first two Final Fantasy games, with crisp 2D graphics, arranged music, and a new translation; Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, the episodic WiiWare sequel, compiled in one place and for less than $40; and a new "Interlude" story that bridges the narrative gap between the two games. (It also includes trading cards and a code for a Cecil costume in Dissidia 012.)

Blah blah blah, no 360, blah blah blah, I bought Trials HD back when it was called Trials 2, blah blah blah, no interest in Limbo, blah blah blah.

Arcana Heart 3 is pretty fun, but I wouldn't pay $30 for any download-only title. Not that I could right now anyway!

« Reply #1640 on: April 30, 2011, 05:04:32 PM »
The Complete collection might be interesting, but I already have FFIV 3 times (Final Fantasy II, as part of the Chronology 2 disk set with Chrono Trigger, and the DS remake).  New graphics, another probably short game to bridge it, and a costume for a different game are cool, but it's getting into Gunstar Heroes/Super Mario Bros. levels of "How many times do I need the exact same game?". 

I may, however, pick up the bundle for the 360, because, while I have no interest in Trials, I loved Comic Jumper, but haven't gone back to pick up either of TP's others, and I didn't have much interest in Limbo on release, but hey, if it's cheap and comes with other games, why not?

And, kinda related, but who would get Mega Man X, when the Mega Man X Compilation can still be found for, what, $20?

So, that's apparently my things now? "WHAT? Only one game? Give me many games on one disk! CHEAPLY!"
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #1641 on: May 03, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »
What a boring week with th—OH MY GOD THERE'S A BANGAI-O FOR XBLA WHY WASN'T I INFORMED :OOOOOOOOO

« Reply #1642 on: May 14, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY</a>.
Mod Edit:  Thanks for the warning LD.  Now my daughter is running around the house singing the F-word. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:05:53 PM by Luigison »

« Reply #1643 on: May 14, 2011, 01:23:31 PM »
Mod Edit:  Thanks for the warning LD.  Now my daughter is running around the house singing the F-word. 

That's what you get for letting your kids see TMK.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1644 on: May 15, 2011, 12:12:26 AM »
That's what you get for not accepting my friend request yet on LIVE.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1645 on: May 15, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »
Actually I lied.  She wasn't even in the room when I watched it.  I didn't know you'd friend requested me.  Accepted.  BTW, I don't have an Xbox or paid membership.  I just downloaded games for windows live to try a demo.  Also, PSN is up according to the blog.  I haven't tried it yet since I need to redo the network setting first since we moved. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1646 on: May 17, 2011, 12:53:09 AM »
L.A. Noire obv., and “Do You Feel Like We Do" in RB. Heck. Yes.

For Deezer this week we have Reader Rabbit: 1st Grade.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1647 on: May 17, 2011, 06:32:09 AM »
For Deezer this week we have Reader Rabbit: 1st Grade.
Why does Deezer always get the good games?  My daughter would love his collection.  Maybe that's part of his evil bread feeding plan.

Other than Reader Rabbit: Kindergarten or 1st Grade for my daughter I may get Chrono Trigger.  It's been a looong time since I played it. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1648 on: May 17, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »
You know, the DS port of Chrono Trigger has been out for over three years.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1649 on: May 17, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »
You know, the DS port of Chrono Trigger has been out for over three years.
I know, I own it, and I've played it.  I haven't played the original in a long time though and I prefer long RPG or action games on a big screen sitting on a comfy couch. 

Print