Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394105 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1680 on: June 21, 2011, 01:17:59 PM »
Oh hell yes. More people need to be exposed to the glory of DKGB.

« Reply #1681 on: June 22, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »
What do you get when the dude who invented Flower, Sun, and Rain, Killer7, and No More Heroes reunites with the dude who invented Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Killer7, and God Hand and have their music done by the Silent Hill guy? Probably something TOTALLY AWESOME. But I haven't even opened my copy yet because for the last month 3-4 must-play games have been coming out EVERY WEEK.

Case in point: Double Fine's Trenched also hit this week. And Nintendo will probably drop yet another classic GB game on 3DS VC.

BUT! Nintendo has now moved their d/l releases to Thursdays, which is very annoying for the purposes of my list. I'll probably just rotate them in as they're released, only posting mid-week if there's something cool.

« Reply #1682 on: June 22, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »
I don't actually know what you get when you combine those people, so I checked the list and decided it must be Gummy Bears Magical Medallion.

« Reply #1683 on: June 23, 2011, 12:42:16 AM »
I wonder if the DKGB re-release will have the SGB ending theme. One of those little touches that would make the game feel more complete and not an incredibly lazy. OoT is a must own! Will all of the fun glitches still exist? Mother****er Mike just released a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU6kKRJpZoM
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1684 on: June 23, 2011, 06:49:33 AM »
Nintendo?  Keeping beneficial glitches in a rerelease?  Yeah, right.  Although the glitches that do nothing but make you reset the system?  Betcha those are all in.

(But seriously, I'm pretty sure this isn't just a straight port, so don't count on any of the original's glitches)
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1685 on: June 23, 2011, 08:30:57 PM »
I guess RBN songs all come out on Thursday now too so I'll just do a Thursday edit each week to keep Nintendo and RBN cutting-edge.

This week: Another SMB song and... "Pac-Man Fever"!

P.S. The song from last week, "Dead Again", is sweet. It references ways to die in tons of games.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1686 on: June 23, 2011, 08:35:26 PM »
I guess RBN songs all come out on Thursday now too so I'll just do a Thursday edit each week to keep Nintendo and RBN cutting-edge.

Thank you and thanks for this thread. 

Are you archiving any of your OP edits. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1687 on: July 03, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »
Half-Minute Hero is a nifty little game, and my girlfriend's nickname for me, but this 360 port looks uglier than a dog throwing up on a cat who is also throwing up. The fugliest graphics in the history of gaming. Commodore 64 games look better. If Vanillaware had an anti-matter negaclone company, it would make 2D games that looked like this. After screaming in horror, I noticed that you can toggle it back to the original PSP graphics. Whew.

The Kirby series can mostly be summarized as "easy games for babies" but the Extra Game version of Kirby's Dream Land that it tells you how to play after you beat the game will WRECK YOU. Whispy Woods will shove his NOSE up your ASS.

« Reply #1688 on: July 03, 2011, 02:42:48 PM »
Nintendo?  Keeping beneficial glitches in a rerelease?  Yeah, right.  Although the glitches that do nothing but make you reset the system?  Betcha those are all in.

(But seriously, I'm pretty sure this isn't just a straight port, so don't count on any of the original's glitches)

http://kotaku.com/5815666/some-of-ocarinas-original-glitches-were-deliberately-kept-in-3ds-version
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1689 on: July 03, 2011, 02:48:50 PM »
I thought the new graphics for the Half-Minute Hero port looked cute in screenshots. Is it worse in motion, or what?

Speaking of glitches remaining intact, I've seen reports saying both versions of Beyond Good & Evil HD lack bugfixes, meaning the game-breaking bugs from the original non-HD release are still intact. Buyer beware!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1690 on: July 03, 2011, 05:58:55 PM »
What's with all the fish
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1691 on: July 04, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »
I want a doctor to take your picture so I can look at you from inside as well.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1692 on: July 04, 2011, 10:17:37 PM »
The Uncharted 3 Beta, which has been available to all Plus subscribers, as well as those who bought inFAMOUS 2 (so basically everyone who owns a PS3) for the past week already, is mad fun.  Fixes a lot of issues found in Uncharted 2, especially the lag.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1693 on: July 04, 2011, 10:24:05 PM »
The Vapors – “Turning Japanese”

It's Warp's theme song!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1694 on: July 04, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the world's most popular handheld game, actually.

Print