Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393502 times)

« Reply #1740 on: September 27, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »
The PS3 gets a lot of classic rereleases this week with the Splinter Cell collection, the Ico collection, Code: Veronica X, Harmony of Despair, and Child of Eden.

Enjoy your retro gaming, PS3ers!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1741 on: September 28, 2011, 12:26:19 AM »
Ohhhhhhh snap!

Listing the Gundemonium games as new releases is a bit misleading. They've been available on PC from the start; this week is just the Steam release of the collection.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the land of rereleases, I'll probably end up getting Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition once it's cheap on a Steam sale.

The Binding of Isaac is supposed to be something like Smash TV meets Rogue, and is by half of Team Meat. I definitely need to play it.

Solatorobo is supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't played it to know if it is or not.

« Reply #1742 on: September 29, 2011, 05:04:10 PM »
So apparently Dark Souls is out now. I'll get it if LD does.

« Reply #1743 on: September 29, 2011, 06:13:04 PM »
It comes out next Tuesday in the US. I'm not sure which system to get it for. I have strong RL pressure for PS3 but the allure of earning real achievements and using a better controller aid the 360 cause.

And to all the people playing Four Swords with less than four players: you're doing it wrong.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1744 on: September 29, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »
I'll be getting Dark Souls on 360, but yeah, it's only out in Japan right now.

I wonder if the US servers will have the same punishment for players who break the street date that the Japanese version had. (The Japanese servers were populated by several max-level Black Phantoms, controlled by From employees, prior to the official launch date.)

« Reply #1745 on: September 29, 2011, 07:02:57 PM »
Will a bunch of TMK people get Four Swords? I likely won't be getting a 3DS until around Christmas, and Four Swords sounds neat. But only if I have people to play it with.. XD
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1746 on: September 29, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »
No one here with a 3DS or DSi and Wi-Fi has any reason to not get it, considering it's free.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1747 on: September 29, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »
It comes out next Tuesday in the US.
Oh. I read about it on QT3 which has a surprising population of non-US people, so.

Get it on 360, the better controller is worth it. I will play it with you if we ever decide to stop playing Gears 3 (unlikely). You can still play it in RL.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1748 on: October 03, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »
LD's previous comments about PS3 retro gaming seem a little bit less humorous (but still quite true) now that God Hand is hitting PSN this week.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1749 on: October 04, 2011, 11:26:07 AM »
Good thing I bought a first-gem PS3 before they could get a chance to pull this [dukar].
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1750 on: October 04, 2011, 12:24:28 PM »
Yeah, because rereleasing a hard-to-find PS2 classic as a downloadable title for ten bucks is so terrible.

« Reply #1751 on: October 04, 2011, 06:26:19 PM »
Obviating the need to possess discs of plastic to play games is the opposite of "pulling [dukar]". It is in fact both "tight" and "sick nasty".

Anyway, bajillions of awesome things today, old and new.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1752 on: October 04, 2011, 06:50:43 PM »
Yes, lots of cool stuff, but dagnabbit if I didn't read TEM's post again!

I'm not sure if it's cool or not yet, but I'm looking into Kids Learn Music: A+ Edition for our daughter.  (For only three piano lesson so far our daughter is doing really well if you simply listen to her play, but she has to learn her hand/finger positions soon if she wants to move on to more complex songs.)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1753 on: October 04, 2011, 07:33:32 PM »
I'm waiting for the B- Edition.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1754 on: October 04, 2011, 08:12:51 PM »
I'm definitely getting Dark Souls.

I may get the new Spider-Man game. I'm really enjoying Shattered Dimensions, so if the new one is good, I'll definitely look into giving it a spin.

Also, oooooh, Odin Sphere on PSN.

Print