Print

Author Topic: Countdown to Wii  (Read 30699 times)

Sqrt2

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 03:40:57 AM »
Such as???
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 04:10:34 AM »

The alternate Wii controller, useful for playing the Virtual Console games that just wouldn't work with the Wiimote and also as a more traditional form of controlling your game. I believe that it also works with Wii games. Also, there are four GCN controller ports on the system itself.

(Image from Google Image Search)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 06:30:53 AM »
Speaking of the Classic controller, I wonder how much it will cost?

le
I believe that it also works with Wii games. Also, there are four GCN controller ports on the system itself.

I heard that SSBB will use the Classic controller for most of it's gameplay.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 10:22:30 AM »
Oh, and I found this.

Isn't Lik-Sang dead? Why is it linked at the bottom of that page?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 02:07:40 PM »
The classic controller can play certain Wii games from what I hear.

Me and The Chef had an arguement about the "Wii-mote" just this morning.He talked some sense into me.So now that I think about it the controller was actually a pretty good idea.
"A winner is you"

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 04:11:46 PM »
I'll wait for the Wii to lower in price.

I'll get it 2007 because there are no games I want in 2006.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 08:19:23 PM »
I see absolutely no reason to hate the Wiimote. However, there are a lot of Wii haters in my school. I just keep saying...

We'll See in 18 Days.
Pleast note that this is how I get 18 days left counting today(The 1st of Nov. = 1st day ... 18th of Nov. = 18 days later. After the 18th day has ended, it will be the 19th day, so technically after 18 days, Wii will be released).
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Sqrt2

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 07:51:47 AM »

I heard that SSBB will use the Classic controller for most of it's gameplay.

Or the GC controller!! Given that I already have a GC  controller I won't be forking out £15 for a classic controller.
AA fanboy and proud!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 04:25:33 PM »
I plan on buying four Wii Classic controllers, and I'll have at least one GCN controller if the insurance company replaces the wireless adapter for my Wavebird.

By the way, I found a neat counter on Toys R Us' website. It displays a Countdown Clock for each system. Just follow the --()> to it.
--()>  --()>  --x  http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255974
Don't Fret! Wii in 17 Days.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 05:38:29 PM »
Well...Wii in 16 days and 8 hours! YEEEES!

Hee, hee. Just thought I'd do that. Hey, is that allowed Mr.Melee?

I want to get the Wii at lauch, even though there are no games I want at lauch. I will get SSBB, WarioWare, and SPM later. Those games *should* rock. Heck, they will! I don't think I'll get a second controller right away, though, considering how expensive it is.

Oh yeah, check out this website. It's nice.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 05:40:46 PM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 07:35:10 PM »
So that's 2 people here who aren't planning on getting Zelda. I just want to know...

How is that even possible?! It's mind-boggling, it's confusing, it defies the laws of physics, it's, it's...

It can't even be put in words (plus I needed an excuse to use that picture).

So, how much cash do you guys have saved up for your Wii-fund? I have enough for a system, an extra wii-mote, an SD card, and about 2 games. Knowing my generous parents, they'll probably get us an extra wii-mote for Christmas since my siblings have a hard time sharing.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 07:59:07 PM »
After buying the DS, I have $0 saved up. I'm trying to see if I'm going to do this embroidery job.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 08:39:17 PM »
Hey, guys, I've heard that an enhanced version of the Wii has been announced for release next year in Japan. Not a lot is known about this new Wii, except it'll be able to play DVDs right out of box. Man, the Wii isn't even on the shelves yet, and Nintendo has already announced an improved version. They could have at least waited intil one year to announce it. One question, though: what ever happened to that "internal attachment" for the Wii we were promised that could allow it to play DVDs?

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=20729
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 08:41:45 PM »
Must, enter NP's players Poll....
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 12:56:31 AM »
This is wrong. We wait for the Wii, only to hear, 16 days from launch, that Japan will get a better one next year!

Print