Print

Author Topic: Countdown to Wii  (Read 30652 times)

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2006, 09:31:33 AM »
On-topic\Off-topic:

Seven days...

I just like saying that. =P
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2006, 10:26:31 AM »
Don't forget the spoiler tag. It's much easier than shrinking text down to an unreadable size.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2006, 08:40:10 PM »
This also hurts Nintendo pretty badly. People will think, "Why buy a Wii at launch when I can get one with a DVD player sometime next year?" there for, some people won't buy Wii at launch. If enough people think this way, Nintendo is gonna be hurt a lot when it comes to sales come November 19.
I think that most of the hardcore gamers care more about the gaming aspect than about DVD-playing capabilities, possibly not even caring at all about the latter. Hardcore gamers are also most likely the only ones to buy a Wii before or on release day or shortly thereafter. If both of my thoughts are accurate, then I don't see what the problem is.

On another note, am I the only one not obsessing over the Wii? Hecks, I'm not even buying one sometime soon,  and not really even because of money, either. ::SHOCK::  I plan on getting one in the future, of course, but I guess it's not a priority to me. Man, I've changed. Does this make me a "traitor" or something?
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2006, 08:44:52 PM »
Also, I doubt Nintendo cares about how many Wiis sell on November 19 or in the launch window. What really matters is how many are sold by the end of the Wii's lifespan.

Does this make me a "traitor" or something?
YesNo.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2006, 08:52:35 PM »
I didn't realize it until now, but a piece of my Marioholism had slipped away, forever....
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2006, 08:53:15 PM »
Why?

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2006, 09:43:54 PM »
No one will buy a this-gen console for the DVD capabilities. No one.

Blu-Ray on the other hand, maybe (probably).

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2006, 09:51:17 PM »
Suddenly, it returned, thank the sushie for Lizard Dude.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2006, 10:27:27 PM »
Sapph hasn't played Wii yet. Thus she doesn't know how badly she needs to get one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2006, 11:53:50 PM »
I'm finding it kinda funny how a lot of non-gaming media is just realizing that there are 2 major gaming consoles coming out in less than a week.  My father handed me a section of the paper today talking about the "news" of what each system (PS3 and Wii) has in it.  I kinda chuckled until I read what the guy said first about the Wii.
Yes, the Sony Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Wii (pronounced "we," or as we say here at Game Central, "Whee!") are still poised to make their debuts on Friday and Saruday, respectively...

I knew things would be at least somewhat off at this point.  For the most part, it wasn't too bad, but he kept refering to the controller as a wand, and stated that every Nintendo game ever released would be available for purchase, failing to mention the Sega and TurboGrafx games.  Oh, and Wii puns were far too numerous.  As in, there was more than zero.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2006, 02:08:21 AM »
Sapph hasn't played Wii yet. Thus she doesn't know how badly she needs to get one.
Need? I find that a little insulting somehow, that one would badly need one.
I don't think playing it or not would make much of a difference on "how badly" I'd want to get one. Video games are still fun for me, yes, especially the experience of a new game, but I'm finding myself less interested in them than I used to be--in desire to play them and less attachment while playing them. I guess I've just become more interested in other things.

Ironically, my life has felt more fulfilling now than it's ever been. I don't know why I'm telling you all this; I don't expect anyone here to understand it or agree with me, not to mention I feel like I've been or will be judged by you guys for it, even if it is just jokingly or dramatically exaggerated. :/
* Sapphira cries.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2006, 02:55:34 AM »
Sapphira discovered boys?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2006, 03:09:54 AM »
XD Hahahaha!
I discovered real-life friends who share my faith. Which is actually what I've been longing for for a long time.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2006, 09:45:25 AM »
I think that most of the hardcore gamers care more about the gaming aspect than about DVD-playing capabilities, possibly not even caring at all about the latter. Hardcore gamers are also most likely the only ones to buy a Wii before or on release day or shortly thereafter. If both of my thoughts are accurate, then I don't see what the problem is.

On another note, am I the only one not obsessing over the Wii? Hecks, I'm not even buying one sometime soon,  and not really even because of money, either. ::SHOCK::  I plan on getting one in the future, of course, but I guess it's not a priority to me. Man, I've changed. Does this make me a "traitor" or something?

I'm not a "hardcore" gamer, I do not suspect... I don't much care about the DVD player. I'm not getting one for sometime either. There is really not too much reasoning behind me not getting one other than I can do other thinkgs with my money (like pay for college), and I still have my other game systems to fiddle around with-- they are pleanty of fun for now! Plus, the one game I really want to play -- Twilight Princess -- will be coming out for Game Cube.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2006, 03:43:15 PM »

« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 03:55:32 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print