Poll

Who could eat more, Yoshi or Kirby?

Yoshi
16 (29.1%)
Kirby
39 (70.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Print

Author Topic: Who could eat more, Yoshi or Kirby?  (Read 27723 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« on: November 01, 2006, 04:40:30 PM »
MaxVance and I came across this question while discussing the new Kirby game, Kirby: Squeak Squad.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 04:50:37 PM »
<MaxVance> Hmm, here's something to consider.
<MaxVance> Could Kirby or Yoshi eat more?

Yep, we have a conundrum. I posed this question in #palaceofshadow (like #tmk, another IRC channel on studio64.yi.org) and we still haven't come to a conclusion.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 06:41:20 PM »
The answer is Pacman.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 07:30:41 PM »
All 3 characters mentioned so far can eat infinitely. But If I had to choose I'd say Kirby.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 08:16:08 PM »
<off-topic>The name is Pac-Man.</off-topic>
Had to vote Yoshi.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 08:22:05 PM »
The way I see Yoshi eat in SMW, I have to vote Yoshi.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 08:25:38 PM »
Kirby all the way!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 08:44:29 PM »
I think the better question is:

What would happen if Yoshi and Kirby ate each other at exactly the same time?
~I.S.~

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 10:37:25 PM »
The space time continuum would break down ending all life as we know it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 10:52:25 PM »
Yoshi definitely wins the quick draw contest.

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 11:45:49 PM »
Hm, who honestly COULD eat more?  This takes a lot of thinking, as there are many-a-factors to find the answer.  It's more than just "Who can swallow more", since they each have an infinite cap

One the one hand, there's Yoshi.  Long tongue to get the food,  abilty to quickly digest food into eggs.  Also, it must have taste buds, since they all have prefered fruits to eat. 

Then there is Kirby. Powerful lungs, which I would consider a part of his digestive system, large mouth to accommodate any size enemy.

My conclusion?  Yoshi could eat more.  While Kirby definately is a contender, he can only swallow one 'powered' enemy before he becomes full.  Then he has to get rid of it before he can eat again.  Yoshi can continuously eat and eat, quickly working it through its system.  Interesting note, though, while Yoshi can eat more, Kirby is usually the only one to eat for the traditional sense, as in gaining nutrition.  He eats to restore health in all his games.  Yoshi did so in Yoshi's Island, and kinda did in SMS, but that was only to restore juice.

Oh, and I.S., Yoshis tounge would reach for Kirby, though since Kirby would be inhaling, Yoshi would be pulled closer.  Yoshi, if he was thinking, would aim for the center, which would be the back of the mouth of Kiby.  As they began to eat, they would try to open their mouths as wide as possible, always trying to be more than the other, until Yoshis tounge pulled him to Kirby, and Kirby's suction pulling Yoshi, they would meet, and, essentially meet in a fighting kiss.  No one would be able to get their mouth completely around the other so long as the other was still trying.  Nasty, kinda disturbing, and a stalemate.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

TEM

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 12:09:40 AM »
No one would be able to get their mouth completely around the other so long as the other was still trying.  Nasty, kinda disturbing, and a stalemate.

No way. Kirby can open his mouth much wider than Yoshi. But I believe that Yoshi's tongue would have Kirby turned into an egg faster than Kirby could get a vacuum going.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 06:18:52 AM »
While Kirby definately is a contender, he can only swallow one 'powered' enemy before he becomes full.  Then he has to get rid of it before he can eat again.
No, it is possible for Kirby to eat more than one enemy at one time. They just have to enter his mouth at the same time.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 07:10:45 AM »
My vote went to Yoshi, but afterwards I realized that Kirby could eat more. Darn. And I'm a Kirby fan, too.

Hm, who honestly COULD eat more?  This takes a lot of thinking, as there are many-a-factors to find the answer.  It's more than just "Who can swallow more", since they each have an infinite cap

One the one hand, there's Yoshi.  Long tongue to get the food,  abilty to quickly digest food into eggs.  Also, it must have taste buds, since they all have prefered fruits to eat. 

Then there is Kirby. Powerful lungs, which I would consider a part of his digestive system, large mouth to accommodate any size enemy.

My conclusion?  Yoshi could eat more.  While Kirby definately is a contender, he can only swallow one 'powered' enemy before he becomes full.  Then he has to get rid of it before he can eat again.  Yoshi can continuously eat and eat, quickly working it through its system.  Interesting note, though, while Yoshi can eat more, Kirby is usually the only one to eat for the traditional sense, as in gaining nutrition.  He eats to restore health in all his games.  Yoshi did so in Yoshi's Island, and kinda did in SMS, but that was only to restore juice.

Actually, when we see Kirby when he just sucked up an enemy, he's actually containing the enemy in his mouth, then you press down to fully swallow the enemy. What's my reasoning for this? Well, in the upcoming Kirby game, Kirby Squeak Squad, we see the inside of Kirby's stomach on the bottom screen. When you've sucked up an enemy, it will remain in Kirby's mouth until you press down on the D-pad, where it then goes into Kirby's stomach, indicating that the enemies are put in Kirby's stomach and are not expelled. Besides, we've never seen Kirby poop, so he can just eat and eat and never get full.

Also, Yoshi has to poop out the enemy before he can swallow another one. So technically, he can't eat forever.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Sqrt2

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 07:48:47 AM »
Kirby, no doubt about it.
AA fanboy and proud!

Print