Print

Author Topic: "Super Mario Bros. was a ****in' nightmare" says the guy who played Mario  (Read 10539 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 08:15:20 AM »
I think I read on Wikipedia that Bob didn't even know that the movie was based on a video game until he told his son about it. Heh.
Can you imagine how you'd react to that movie if there never HAD been any games?!?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 06:17:03 PM »
I don't think he's saying the actual movie was a nightmare, or the idea of it being about the Mario Bros was bad, rather the people in charge really made it an unfavorable job to do. The Mario movie is what it is though, and I just wish they'd make a new one, complete with 3D visuals and the voice actors from the game. Put Miyamoto in charge of that, and it'll work out just fine.

I really don't think I can bear hearing Mario talk in full sentences. Or any of the characters, for that matter. If a movie by Miyamoto was made, it would probably be best to get new VAs altogether.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 06:28:44 PM »
I really don't think I can bear hearing Mario talk in full sentences.
This is really hilarious! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWfZjVbFFkc
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 08:46:57 PM »
Why does Super-Jesse think Miyamoto has any ability to direct a movie?
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 08:35:07 AM »
^ Why not?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »
The way I see it, if they got Charles and such to do the voice-acting, use the animation style that was in that Japanese commercial for Superstar Saga and make sure 4Kids doesn't get their filthy paws on it, it could be good.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print