Print

Author Topic: Possible Mario futures  (Read 26828 times)

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« on: October 17, 2012, 07:15:19 PM »
List possible futures for the Mario series.
I'll start: Mario becomes a zombie.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:17:18 PM by Luigison »
Good sir

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:24:12 PM »
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word possible that I wasn't previously aware of, but I'll play along.  Mario becomes a zombie shooter. 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 07:24:38 PM »
1. It stays exactly the way it is.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 07:27:08 PM »
Maybe he goes into Hyrule?
Good sir

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 07:29:10 PM »
1. It stays exactly the way it is.
Ah, but all of the great games innovated!
Good sir

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
By staying exactly where they were.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 08:37:52 PM »
True, true. However, a new direction may help postpone the end of Mario's "rule" of video games. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Mario, but something else will rule someday. One horrid day.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:57:18 PM by Hello:) »
Good sir

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »
No it won't.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »
Eh, you're a mod, I won't argue anymore.
Good sir

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 10:50:47 PM »
Yes you will.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 07:31:43 AM »
The Chef likes to argue.  You could probably flip your argument and he'd still argue against you.  I might say he's a devil's advocate, but I don't think he advocates for anything. 

If this thread had been in Forum Games I think you would have got a lot more creative responses.  I'll treat it as if it were and show how I envisioned the thread going: 

• Mario becomes a zombie. 
  • Mario becomes a zombie shooter. 
  • Mario becomes a first-person shooter.  (See signature below.)
  • Mario uses paintballs.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o51ae4VoOZw
  • Mario becomes a first-person zombie shooter using paintballs that cure the zombies in a new RPG from Nintendo. 

I don't seriously think this will happen, but I can imagine Bowser turning most of TMK into zombies.  Mario gets the cure, but can't get close to the zombies or they will turn him into a zombie so he uses paintballs to cure them.  It takes three body shots or one headshot (instant cure) for generic zombies.  Bosses take more shots or shots to specific areas.  Along the way Mario has to collect paintballs, air, etc, and help specific cure zombies.  Bowser is the final boss.  Mario defeats Bowser, but in the battle loses his paintball Fluud (or other non-gun name) and cures Peach with a kiss.   
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 08:12:28 AM »
Doesn't anyone remember Yoshi's safari?
Good sir

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »
Yes, and I'd actually like a sequel to that. But it's not a main Mario game, it's a single spin-off from 1993. Therefore it doesn't reflect the future of the series, and they likely won't make it.

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 12:54:26 PM »
Well, I meant stop posting FPS, because, then it won't change. Also, can someone move this?
Good sir

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 02:13:06 PM »
Where?
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Print