Print

Author Topic: Nintendo, IGN Entertainment to Create Portable Gaming Network  (Read 3441 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« on: May 10, 2005, 09:32:37 PM »
 I can't say I'm too happy.

To give you a summary, IGN's popular GameSpy Technology will give the foundation of online DS gaming. Unfortunately, you'll need to find either a Wi-Fi hotspot or a home Wi-Fi connection (with broadband).

Games like Animal Crossing DS (confirmed), and possibly Mario Kart DS (rumored) will be able to use this internet connection.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 04:42:57 PM »
Huh. Nice, I guess. I've always thought it would be cool if you could play Mario Kart with someone else... well, actually not. Then I'd never win!

Tweet! Any Questions? –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 06:27:07 PM »
I don't know how it works with PCs, but I can use the wireless card in my Mac as a wireless router that broadcasts signals for other wireless-equipped computers. I have used this feature several times, and it works great. If I could apply it to creating my own DS hotspot, then that would be great. I hope so!

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 04:41:20 PM »
If it's as slow as all of the sites hosted by Gamespy, then it's going to be terrible.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 05:52:12 PM »
:D

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 06:06:01 PM »
What is it, Watoad?

"Palmolive is a soap!"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 06:15:35 PM »
Now I know how Insane Steve felt when the Gamecube first came out.  Sorry, man.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 08:35:10 PM »
Well of course you'll have to find a wireless hotspot. It's a wireless system. I can't generate one myself, but I know of three really close ones to me (at college). I heartily look forward to Animal Crossing with all of you!

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Print