Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1703442 times)

« Reply #5100 on: January 06, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »
Girls just do those kinda things. My girlfriend was ****ed at me for like a week or two before I broke up with her.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5101 on: January 06, 2009, 07:56:12 PM »
When it comes to me, I level with Groucho Marx: "Women are like elephants: I like looking at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5102 on: January 07, 2009, 01:30:22 PM »
0mg $ex1$t p1g!!!!1!!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #5103 on: January 07, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »
The Dragonball movie is tearing my childhood to pieces.
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5104 on: January 07, 2009, 03:01:25 PM »
Yeah, too many white people.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5105 on: January 07, 2009, 05:53:21 PM »
Forget Saiyans being white; they're not even from Earth. My concern is the severe lack of hair on Goku's head.

Either way I love misadaptations. It's kinda fun looking for how many things they can mess up/get wrong.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5106 on: January 07, 2009, 06:01:31 PM »
Wait... they didn't seriously get a bald guy to play an anime character, did they? That would be like casting Cedric the Entertainer as Ralph Kramden.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5107 on: January 07, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »
As the result of lots of snow the last month, the freezing level rising (*coughglobalwarmingcough*), and fairly heavy rain, it's flooding again.

I believe I mentioned this last year, but in case anybody forgot or didn't care in the first place there was a record-breaking flood 'round these parts in December of '07. Stores ruined, schools closed, homes (my grandparent's farm included) ravaged, the like. Now, a little more than a year later, it's back and threatening to be even worse. No one can say for sure what's going to go down, but predictions are not one, but four rivers could flood, hitting more places (like my dad's business/our "legal residence"--long story--which escaped unscathed last time, along with our out-of-town "country home' on a secure hill) harder than in, if not years, decades. School got out early, sandbags are already placed, and important items are in high places. We're staying "in town" for the time being, which is bittersweet because at least I have broadband wireless and am closer to friends/relatives.

« Reply #5108 on: January 07, 2009, 07:10:44 PM »
Whoa, that's pretty severe. I hope you and everyone else are safe and make it though the flood alright. I hate harsh weather.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5109 on: January 07, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »
Thanks. The whole fam's doing routine checks every hour or so and, aside from some repainting-requiring leaks in the main office, we're cool. Of course, the really bad flooding is supposed to hit around 10:00PM or so.

On a separate note... Eagle Eye Pocket.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5110 on: January 07, 2009, 07:59:27 PM »
I'm going to agree with my friends here and say that people who criticize the Dragon Ball movie totally missed what the movie makers were going for.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5111 on: January 07, 2009, 08:26:37 PM »
Why can't my wife and I get into some games when they are popular? We recently started playing Pokemon Diamond/Pearl again, and now she wants to track down the GBA games so that we can migrate the others from past games. That's sort of the reason we stopped playing months back: I didn't want to spend more money just to finish my PokeDex. It won't matter in five years when a new Pokemon game comes out..

We did get LeafGreen and Emerald months back, but we've been playing the DS games more. I miss the Red/Blue generation, when there was the glitch to get a lot of any one item: I don't have but one rare candy, and I feel I wasted my Master Ball on Palkia. I've come across some tougher to catch Pokemon (Cressilia and Mesprit, but I did eventually catch both of them). But you know, when they put Palkia's picture on the box, I sort of thought he was going to be hard to catch..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5112 on: January 08, 2009, 09:21:45 AM »
If you're worried about spending money, I can loan-trade you any Pokemon you need (except Arceus)...

I have angst because the family computer died, and I lost the game I was working on.  I have to start from scratch with sprites, programming, level design, music, etc.  Plus I didn't download the bin2jpg program for Brawl Pics again until yesterday, which is why I didn't post my screens as soon as I wanted to.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:07:58 AM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5113 on: January 08, 2009, 04:47:07 PM »
I'm going to agree with my friends here and say that people who criticize the Dragon Ball movie totally missed what the movie makers were going for.

Er... what were they going for?

« Reply #5114 on: January 08, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »
I'm not so much worried about spending money. I am bad with receipts so Nicky takes care of our finances, for the most part..

About trading: I don't have my game on me now, so I don't know what we're looking for. I'll be back on mabey tomorrow or sometime in the near future..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print