Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1704798 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5220 on: January 31, 2009, 01:24:28 AM »
One of my brother's friends is staying the night.

Actually, she's been staying the night for the past two weeks, and will probably keep doing so for at least one more.

She's living with us until her family finishes moving in. Unfortunately, this seems to be happening at a rate of around one box per day. The problem is that she basically hates me, and also my brother is grounded due to his grades yet he's still getting to see at least one of his friends outside of school all the time - because she's living with us. Anyway, I'm finding that I prefer being at school to being at home, since I don't have to see them there (my brother is a repeat freshman, his friend is a sophomore, and I'm a senior with no gym class, so I don't normally see them during school), except for the whole computer situation (their Internet is faster and more stable than mine but more censored than China's, and all of the computers are worse than any currently being used in my house).

Internet, by the way, is why I'm finally angry enough to make this post. At around 5:30 yesterday (CDT), they decided that since I wasn't on the computer, they could log me out (killing anything I had running at the time) and disconnect me from the Internet. To make matters worse, I didn't get it back until about half an hour ago, and I have a feeling the only reason I have it back now is because the person using our connection downloaded a bunch of songs using LimeWire - a few hundred megabytes worth, knocking us over our cap. The only reason I'm able to do any online stuff right now is because of the uncapped Internet time between 1 and 6 AM.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5221 on: February 05, 2009, 06:12:36 PM »
Whoa, that sucks. Well... perservere, I guess.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090205/ap_en_ot/disneyland_small_world
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5222 on: February 05, 2009, 08:42:07 PM »
Great, now the ride will be different next time I go, and do far I've only been there once! What am I supposed to do about bringing my girl to Disney in the far future? She'll never be able to see it how it once was! Now I have ANGST... *sigh*

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5223 on: February 05, 2009, 09:47:16 PM »
F'in' A. Two more days of this crap. Right now I'm using my mom's almost unbearably slow computer (though Triangle Wizard loads pretty quickly on here, so I guess that's good).

« Reply #5224 on: February 05, 2009, 11:44:53 PM »
On the weekend, Melbourne, my city of residence, is supposed to be heating up to 43°C (109.4°F), which I loathe because it means it'll most likely be too hot to do anything.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #5225 on: February 06, 2009, 12:12:49 AM »
Do you live in Africa? Or south America or something?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5226 on: February 06, 2009, 12:15:49 AM »
Australia.

« Reply #5227 on: February 06, 2009, 01:12:34 AM »
It was over 60 C at the Australian Open a few weeks ago. But that was on-court temperature in the middle of the day.

« Reply #5228 on: February 07, 2009, 12:32:06 AM »
I honestly don't know how I could forget Australia.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #5229 on: February 07, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »
Ah, that's right. Australia experiences hot weather when America experiences cold weather.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5230 on: February 07, 2009, 11:37:03 AM »
Why does Australia always have to be so contrary?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5231 on: February 07, 2009, 09:16:28 PM »
Other side of the equator.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5232 on: February 08, 2009, 01:32:56 AM »
The aforementioned hot weather has lead to a resurgence of bushfires, leading in turn to the destruction of over 600 homes and the deaths of 50 people in this state alone. What really makes me sad about the whole ordeal is that some of the original fires are believed to have been deliberately lit.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #5233 on: February 12, 2009, 01:51:57 AM »
I have a bit of ANGST today because a poem I wrote for my creative writing class was under peer review today. No, I'm not angry that I received a bunch of ridicule; rather, I'm angry because one of the students didn't like it because it used "too many complicated words that no one would use today."

Seriously? What about all of the sonnets written by William Shakespeare? They're masterpieces and they use language that, by today's standards, would be considered quite obscure. Only, the words I used weren't even that complicated to comprehend. She didn't even know what the words "lest" and "nick" meant. I'm not trying to compare myself to Shakespeare, because (by all accounts) he's a genius and I'm not (not yet at least, anyway).

She's a really friendly person and I most certainly like her as a friend...it's just a tad agitating when a college student doesn't know what "lest" means. Everyone else, for the most part, disliked it for other reasons like how vague it was describing certain aspects of my life (which I'm totally fine with because I myself thought it was too vague).
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5234 on: February 12, 2009, 06:22:17 AM »
Reminds me of the time when I was going to Driver's Ed; I was talking to a girl about TV shows I watch.  I mentioned House.

"Oh!  I love that show"

"Yeah, House is refreshingly cynical."

"...What the He11 does that mean?"
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print