Print

Author Topic: Winter 2009 ADVANCED Poster Awards!  (Read 25410 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: December 12, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »
So yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and do this. If anyone feels more entitled to do it, or if you were planning on putting yours up next week, feel free to stage a coup, I won't stop you. Seriously, I back down pretty much instantly from any type of confrontation.

Well, chest hairs are roasting on open files, people in Florida are spraypainting fake frost-like paint on the corners of their windows without having any idea why windows would ever look like that in December, Methodists are already brewing extra pots of coffee getting ready for the other time of year when attendance shoots up 5000% -- yes, it's time for us to celebrate our community and then wait six months for an anticlimactic finish to the whole mess. The ADVANCED Poster Awards are back again for some reason!

The rules:

- You may not vote for yourself. You may, however, vote for me.
   - In each category, you may vote for two people. They can be a winner and runner-up, or they can both be equal -- please indicate which way you're doing it (i.e.: 1. Deezer 2. Sapphira or Deezer/Sapphira; if you don't indicate clearly enough, I'll assume they're equal)
      - You can put only one if you want, but that won't make it count double.
      - You may also abstain from any or all categories if you so desire.
      - If you end up voting for more than two people because you can't narrow it down that far, it's not that big of a deal. I'll make it all work.
   - All votes must be for stuff that happened in 2009, or after December 20th of 2008 (when the last awards started). Topics and posts must have been posted in 2009, posters must be judged based on their 2009 activity.

1) Best Poster: This year's best all-around poster. In your opinion, who best exemplified the spirit of the Fungi Forums in 2009?
2) Best Topic: Most thought-provoking? Most groan-inducing? Most arousing? You decide! In your opinion, the best topic created in 2009. Please list the name of the topic and link to to it.
3) Best Post: What post was the most poignant, most quick-witted, or best thought-out this year? Please provide a link to the post (use the URL from the button), and, if possible, a short phrase or sentence summarizing the content of the post.
4) Most Productive Poster: Which poster has made the best use of his or her posts? Frequent posting is not a requirement for this award -- it should be just the right amount.
5) Smartest Poster: Not necessarily the same as the last category, as the smart ones are often the ones that tend to ramble on a bit. Who has demonstrated the most intelligence in the last year? Whose posts have made you think the most?
6) Funniest Poster: These are getting kind of self-explanatory, aren't they?
7) Most Amiable Poster: The welcomingest, accomodatingest, and other words that shouldn't end in -est person this year.
8) Most Creative Poster: Who has been the most original with their posts, images, artwork, or whatever this year?
9) Best New Member: Who was the best new poster this year, whether spambot or real? This person does not necessarily have to have registered in 2009, but must have started posting this year.
10) Blast From the Past: A good number of long-gone members came back over the last year. Which one was the sight for the sorest eyes? Incidentally, you may vote for the Blast From the Past category itself if you wish.
11) Most Missed: On the flipside, lots of people have left lately, either with big tearful dramatic farewell posts or just by gradually being phased out, kinda like Donkey Kong Jr. Who would you kill a small animal to see back here?
12) WTD Award: Which poster made you exclaim "What the dukar?" most often this year?
13) Deezer Award: It's the Deezer Award.

If there's a category you feel I've left out, go ahead and tack it onto your list at your discretion. Categories that get enough votes or that I think are also nifty may also be awarded. You can also complain about the rules and maybe get them changed if I find your arguments cogent enough, or if you can convince everyone to go along with them without my approval. Either way works. It'll all get figured out in the end somehow. Just go for it.

You don't have to start voting right away -- it's always good to start with a discussion period -- but when you do want to vote, copy this form into your post to do it:

Code: [Select]
[b]Best Poster[/b]:
[b]Best Topic[/b]:
[b]Best Post[/b]:
[b]Most Productive Poster[/b]:
[b]Smartest Poster[/b]:
[b]Funniest Poster[/b]:
[b]Most Amiable Poster[/b]:
[b]Most Creative Poster[/b]:
[b]Best New Member[/b]:
[b]Blast From the Past[/b]:
[b]Most Missed[/b]:
[b]WTD Award[/b]:
[b]Deezer Award[/b]:

Categories other people have suggested (include whichever ones you want, or add your own):

• Queen of Posters
  • Most Helpful Poster
  • Best Use of Topical Image
  • Best User-Created Image
  • Dynamic Duo
  • Best Signature
  • Best Custom Title
  • E for Effort
  • Best Thread Revival
  • Most Unique Poster
  • Most Improved
  • Most Creepiest Member

Votes must be submitted before 11:59 PM (EDT) on January 14, 2010. Feel free to change your votes by editing your post up until the deadline if necessary.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:51:48 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 07:55:13 PM »
Best Poster: Luigison and penguinwizard
Best Topic: The MS Paint story -- Add one picture!
Best Post: Weegee's Post
Most Productive Poster: ShadowBrain
Smartest Poster: Lizard Dude
Funniest Poster: dc804, Ped Xing, Steven9wii
Most Amiable Poster: CrossEyed7
Most Creative Poster: Super Caterina!, Kuromatsu, Ninjap00, El Gato and FlamingBlueMario
Best New Member: Weegee
Blast From the Past: coolkid
Most Missed: Bird Person, Captain Jim
WTD Award: Tv_Themes
Deezer Award: Deezer

EDIT: Forgot about Steven9wii for WTD. He was extremely entertaining IMO.

EDIT2: Included Tv_Themes for WTD.

EDIT3: Took away Steven9wii for WTD. Added him to Funniest Member.

EDIT4: Finished things up.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 04:45:06 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 08:07:16 PM »
Best Poster: Steven9W--I mean, CrossEyed7/Bird Person.  Not one of either of their posts (and I'm talking about the ones I can remember, because I'm too lazy to read them all) have been without good quality.

Best Topic: You Laugh, You Lose.  This seemingly humble forum game brightened my day quite a few times.

Best Post: You're holding the chart upside down.

Most Productive Poster: Kimimaru.  Several more neat videos that made my jaw drop.

Smartest Poster: CrossEyed7/Weegee.  Their posts (both serious and humorous) show an intelligence that most of the internet is bereft of.

Funniest Poster: 1. Weegee 2. Ped Xing.  Neither of them missed a chance to make a wisecrack at anyone who left an opportunity for it.  I'm sure that if either of them read this, they'll find some way to make it sound dirty and/or hilarious.

Most Amiable Poster: FlamingBlueMardio.  FBM is always a friendly fellow, wishing Happy Birthday to people who might otherwise have been overlooked.  I don't think I've ever read a cross word from him.

Most Creative Poster: Bird Person/SuperCaterina!.  Take a look or two (or a thousand) at their respective art threads.  Like Kimimaru's videos, their art consistently caused jaw-shaped indents to appear in my floor.

Best New Member: Weegee.  What can I say?  Unlike so many other new members this year, he's stuck around (like a Metroid on Samus, some would say) and frequently made me laugh, groan, or RAGE.

Blast From the Past: coolkid.

Most Missed: Bird Person.  WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

WTD Award: 1. Steven9Wii.  2. Tv_Themes

Deezer Award: Deezer.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 08:12:15 AM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
This is just a suggestion, but how about most helpful poster?
"I'm a grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss!"- Bowser, SPM

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »
Edited my post to include Steven9wii.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 09:56:06 PM »
Yes, the Awards! *Throws up the horns* It's always so hard to choose on "Best Post", though...

Best Poster: I wish I could sit down and carefully decide--through a variety of factors such as productivity, grasp of grammar, and amiability--who the best poster is, but the fact is I'm just going to go with my gut feeling and say CrossEyed7. Weegee is a viable runner-up, though.
Best Topic: ShadowBrain's Harem, for my own personal eleven days of unbridled e-womanizing in this day and age (and forum). Runner-up: You Laugh, You Lose. Yeah, it's a meme, but it was new to me, and it started more "You ___, You Lose" threads here, along with giving me some great laughs.
Best Post: The origin of one of my old sigs. Runner-up: What I like to call "Weegee's Revelation".
Most Productive Poster: Yeah, I suppose I could personally mull over this a little longer, but less is definitely more with Kimimaru.
Smartest Poster: For now, at least, I'll go with LD--in a House sort of way.
Funniest Poster: Gotta go with Weegee... though he does seem desperate at times. Runner-up: LD, if only for stuff like this (original post deleted, of course).
Most Amiable Poster: Sure, she's not the most active member, but I can almost see a beam of sunshine coming out of every one of SuperCaterina!'s posts.
Most Creative Poster: SuperCaterina! all the way, with ninjap00's demented doodles trailing close behind.
Best New Member: *Takes a look at everyone else's picks* Wait, Weegee's "new"? Well, shows you what I know--and how well he's "joined the club", as it were! So, yeah, my vote goes out to him.
Blast From the Past: I can't really recall who/how many people "came back" this year. So, seeing as Turtlekid is the only one who voted on this one, I guess I'll just go with him and say coolkid for now (this is subject to change--no offense meant, coolkid).
Most Missed: BP (well, since Glorb came back)
WTD Award: kirbywannabe, for his staccato tirade against profanity and George Carlin ignorance.
Deezer Award: steven9wii YEAH, WHAT
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:53:25 AM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 10:09:55 PM »
Best Poster: CrossEyed7, / This one poster I made for parenting class last year that got like a 90%

Best Topic: The MS Paint Story

Best Post: "You're holding the chart upside down"

Most Productive Poster: ShadowBrain. In particular, his [frequent] contributions to The Pointless Topic(!) both live up to the thread's title and are consistently awesome.

Smartest Poster: Luigison / WarpRattler

Funniest Poster: dc804 / Lizard Dude

Most Amiable Poster: PaperLuigi / Pt_Peach / FlamingBlueMario

Most Creative Poster: Super Caterina! / BP (formerly known as The Member Formerly Known as Bird Person) / El Gato

Best New Member: Ninjap00 / PghPens

Blast From the Past: [TBD]

Most Missed: Dc804

WTD Award: TEM / Sadib100. The latter is a troll extraordinaire, and I still can't tell for the former.

Deezer Award: Steven9wii

Dynamic Duo: Glorb & Ped Xing / Chupperson Weird & Forest Guy

Best Signature: PaperLuigi: "And the best signature is a non-existent signature." ~WarpRattler

Most Creepiest Member: Mr. Wiggles. You've earned it, bud.

Queen of Posters: Pt_Peach

E for Effort: Glorb

Most Improved: Coolkid

Most Unique Poster: Ninjap00
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:40:12 AM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 10:27:38 PM »
I don't want to think too much about Weegee learning how to become a parent, much less the kinds of visual aids he'd be making for it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 10:43:02 PM »
Best Poster: No vote.
Best Topic: No vote.
Best Post: No vote.
Most Productive Poster: Kimimaru.
Smartest Poster: All of my normal choices for this have left, and as much as I want to stroke my ego, I can't vote for myself, so no vote.
Funniest Poster: Lizard Dude.
Most Amiable Poster: Absolutely FlamingBlueMar(d)io.
Most Creative Poster: Super Caterina! and Bird Person.
Best New Member: PghPens. Though he unfortunately didn't stay around long, he was definitely one of the best new members I've seen in some time, showing intelligence, kindness, and experience with forums. We need more users like him.
Blast From the Past: The category itself.
Most Missed: Bird Person and Captain Jim.
WTD Award: Tv_Themes. Runner-up goes to Meowrik.
Deezer Award: Boo_penguin. He doesn't post on the forum, or even visit it, but I'll be darned if he isn't more deserving of this award than anyone else here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:49:42 PM by Sapphira »

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 11:53:01 PM »
Best Poster: [TBD]
Best Topic: YLYL.  Though personally, I've been more interested in its spinoffs from time to time, this one wins, if only because it was the one that started it all.
Best Post: This, though several of Steven9wii's come close.
Most Productive Poster: Either ShadowBrain or Kimimaru, for reasons pretty much explained above.
Smartest Poster: [TBD]
Funniest Poster: Weegee or dc804.  Both have elicited many a guffaw.
Most Amiable Poster: Super Caterina!
Most Creative Poster: Bird Person or Super Caterina!, both obviously put a lot of effort into their work.  In addition, BP's GIMP tutorial was immensely helpful.
Best New Member: Weegee.  I'd actually forgotten he only joined this year, he's probably one of the ten posters I think of first when I think of the FF.
Blast From the Past: [TBD]
Most Missed: Bird Person. *sniff* *Goes to check Moonside for new artwork*
WTD Award: Steven9wii.  Immortalized the phrase "I am a hambulance" in my mind.
Deezer Award: D'uhm... Deezer?  No clue, really.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 12:09:02 AM »
Best Poster: Steven9wii
2 Best Topic: this one
Best Post: this one
Most Productive Poster: CrossEyed7 for doing these awards
Smartest Poster: MEGAߥTE
Funniest Poster: Steven9wii
Most Amiable Poster: Super Caterina!
Most Creative Poster: Super Caterina!
Best New Member: Steven9wii
Blast From the Past: frostbite always comes back every once in a while and blasts me from the past
Most Missed: Steven9wii
WTD Award: Turtlekid1
Deezer Award: Deezer
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:13:25 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 11:47:43 AM »
Best Post: TLW's post
Best Topic: The MS Paint story

EDIT: Oh yeah

Deezer Award: TEM

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 09:53:36 PM »
Updated mine considerably.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 10:27:48 PM »
Best Poster: No vote here.
Best Topic: Either You Laugh, You Lose, or one of it's many spinoffs. (You Groan, You Freak Out, You Get Amazed..)
Best Post: No vote here.
Most Productive Poster: Kimimaru. His videos are often amazing. I wish my video topic was as successful. Having kids kinda takes up your time.. ;)
Smartest Poster:  No vote here either.
Funniest Poster: Weegee. More than a few of his posts leave me laughing.
Most Amiable Poster: FBM
Most Creative Poster: BP and Super Caterina!
Best New Member: Weegee
Blast From the Past: nenson (ok, I know he wasn't gone that long.. XD
Most Missed: BirdPerson and MaxVance. I'm going to miss BP's witty posts, and Max's.. pointing out of incorrectness.. (he did pop in after the twins were born to say congrats though)
WTD Award: Sadib100 (for being a troll) and Steven9wii (for being a spam-bot that somehow slipped through the censors, yet nearly everyone fell in love with it..)
Deezer Award: Me! (or, ya'know, I hear there's a man named Deezer that's really deserving of this award..)

Image of the year nominee (if we have an image of the year): This  (Weegee's post)

Also, wasn't Best Custom Title (or similar) a category in previous years?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:18:22 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 12:22:10 AM »
This is just a suggestion, but how about most helpful poster?
ToadBowser's plot to be voted Most Helpful Poster.

Print