Print

Author Topic: General Animation Topic  (Read 28530 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »
Seven Seas, who publishes the loli manga Dance in the Vampire Bund, was originally going to publish the KnJ manga in the US under the title "Nymphet" before being overtaken by a wave of common sense

Cut it out man, I don't need to be reminded every time that show is mentioned ;_;.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 06:48:27 PM »
I give props to penguinwizard for mentioning Earthworm Jim, and in the very first reply to boot. I haven't seen it since it was originally airing, but I will still confidently say that it was one of the best shows I've ever watched. Earthworm Jim and the Madballs: Gross Jokes probably shaped my sense of humor as a kid more than anything else.

Warner Bros. had an extremely strong period with Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and Freakazoid. And Tiny Toons, which now that I think about it probably spawned the streak of awesome.

Samurai Jack is extremely impressive, especially how it's not afraid of silence. Cartoons that don't need to rely on nonstop dialogue are precious things. And extremely lengthy, good fight scenes.

My favorite anime are The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Yakitate!! Japan, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Kogepan, Excel Saga, Midori no Hibi, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Sex Demon Queen, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, G-On Riders, maybe. Welcome to the NHK is pretty good.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »
It's quite honestly the worst show I've ever had the displeasure of viewing. You suck if you think it's funnier than Animaniacs.

Coconut Fred, Mega Babies, Super Duper Sumos, Apocalypse Zero, Da Boom Crew, 12 oz Mouse, Butt Ugly Martians, Rocket Power...

I can go on and on about awful shows, if you honestly think Chowder is the worst.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 07:10:36 PM »
I figured The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was pretty obvious, which is why I didn't mention it.

I checked Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu out from the library once and was enjoying it, but I went to watch the third episode, and the disc kept skipping. I've never gotten around to downloading it to watch the rest.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo has a great opening theme. I ended up reading more of the manga than I watched of the anime, though. (Same with Yakitate!! Japan and Elfen Lied, as both anime ended before their respective manga.)

Rocket Power wasn't horrible either, Mr. Wiggles.

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 07:21:40 PM »
Coconut Fred, Mega Babies, Super Duper Sumos, Apocalypse Zero, Da Boom Crew, 12 oz Mouse, Butt Ugly Martians, Rocket Power...

Rocket Power was fun and I sort of enjoyed Butt-Ugly Martians and Super Duper Sumos.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 07:24:59 PM »
Also, Earthworm Jim kicks ass. Professor Monkey-For-A-Head is my favorite character:

His voice actor Charlie Adler, one of my favorite cartoon voice actors, also voiced the hilarious Red Guy from Cow and Chicken.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that he voices Cow and Chicken themselves.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 07:36:40 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 07:38:05 PM »
The Earthworm Jim games were the first place I heard several very famous pieces of music, which warped my brain quite a bit. When I heard Beethoven's Quasi una fantasia in Bayonetta, my mind instantly flashed to swimming through giant intestines with motile cilia just everywhere. Whenever I hear Funiculì, Funiculà, I'm right back there watching helpless puppies splat on the ground.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 10:05:52 PM »
Sex Demon Queen

Mentioning (or at least it SOUNDS a lot like it) a hentai series by name on The Mushroom Kingdom forums is probably not the best idea.

Just sayin'.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 10:09:19 PM »
No one gives a [dukar].

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 10:10:58 PM »
Anyone who knows what it is probably won't care.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
I'm glad to see some mention of Earthworm Jim, Freakazoid, Animaniacs and the like. I am especially surprised to see Earthworm Jim.

But I am disappointed to see no mention of Darkwing Duck and Thundercats. Not even from the resident furry!

And then there's the obligatory Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men: The Animated Series, Spider-Man, Doug and Reboot.

For those of you who may have been of the age to actually catch the Mario/Zelda/Captain N cartoons when they originally aired, you may remember this diamond in the rough titled Hammerman.

These are some of the "animated" shows I can remember enjoying as a youngin'.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »
X-Men and the ReBoot monologue are definitely two of the most memorable openings to me.

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 10:41:58 PM »
I am deeply saddened that there has been no mention of Invader Zim.
*sniffle* Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 10:44:49 PM »
I have no interest in that show because of the Hot Topic culture following it seems to have.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 10:56:24 PM »
^ A perfect example of The Wrong Way To Think Of Things, ladies and gentlemen.
That was a joke.

Print