Print

Author Topic: General Animation Topic  (Read 28525 times)

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2010, 05:53:04 PM »
Almost forgot to talk about GEOWeasel and Homestar Runner, which can be found at http://www.geoweasel.net
and http://www.homestarrunner.com, respectively. The extensions of the websites reflect changes.
Homestar Runner: Excellent, yet not very smooth OR jerky animation, mostly clean except for the crapton of crap, friggin', freakin', suck, and VERY rare hells, very weird yet pretty funny, a thin, cracked fourth wall
GEOWeasel: Sloppy-yet-smooth animation, Usually a bit more vulgar or usually on par with The Simpsons in SFW-ness, Somewhat odd yet very funny, no fourth wall
...so, yeah. Both are good.
Also, check out Super Mario Bros. Z. Fantastic battle sequences, good slapstick, and lots of suspense.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 05:56:01 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2010, 07:10:32 PM »
As long as we're talking Flash animations, Mario Brothers.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2010, 09:08:28 AM »
Too tragic for me.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/274069 It's Freakin' Mario, and don't forget...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/381713 It's Freakin' Luigi!
Also, the Dilbert cartoon. The one on TV with full episodes.
So funny and intelligent~
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:25:58 AM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
Baman Piderman is very funny.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »
Yes, they're called YouTube Poops.

You make it easier to dislike you every time you post you know that?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2010, 11:21:52 PM »
Relevant to thread:

Pugyuru's animation style is weird. It's smooth, sort of like Flash, but I don't think it actually is Flash. The show itself isn't as insane as the manga, which is unfortunate.

Hetalia is funny. And incredibly gay.

I watched the first episode of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei! the other day after repeatedly hearing the name and then seeing a glowing review of the first volume of the manga on the blog portion of Unshelved. Great stuff.

I recently saw some screencaps from the Dance in the Vampire Bund anime. Apparently the manga is even more explicit, which makes me wonder how exactly said manga is being published in the US and Kodomo no Jikan isn't.

Also, so that I'm not just posting about Japanese stuff in this post: mo-cap and cel-shaded CG should not be used for animated entertainment outside of video games.

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »
Hetalia is funny. And incredibly gay.

gay moe [dukar] is more like it.

I watched the first episode of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei! the other day after repeatedly hearing the name and then seeing a glowing review of the first volume of the manga on the blog portion of Unshelved. Great stuff.

Why did you not watch it sooner? My online bud introduced me to this show and it made me lol hard.

I recently saw some screencaps from the Dance in the Vampire Bund anime. Apparently the manga is even more explicit, which makes me wonder how exactly said manga is being published in the US and Kodomo no Jikan isn't.

Because Karl Olsen that's why.

Also, so that I'm not just posting about Japanese stuff in this post: mo-cap and cel-shaded CG should not be used for animated entertainment outside of video games.

I was gonna say Jimmy Neutron kicks ass but then realized its not Cel-shaded so your opinion still stands. However, that's not stopping people from going to see Avatar just to fap to James Cameron's praise. However, as long as these people go see his imaginary adaptation of Battle Angel Alita I will forgive them.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure the term is still "bishonen." As far as I know, "moe" still only applies to female characters.

Let's hope that never changes.

I didn't watch Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei! sooner for the same reason that I haven't finished Welcome to the NHK!. Or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Or Spice & Wolf. Or Akagi. Or Princess Tutu. Or the other things I previously said I was in the process of watching.

Dang it, I'm watching too many shows. Too bad they can't all be short like Pugyuru (which is about 45 or 50 minutes altogether).

« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »
From this documentary I watched a few months ago, "moe" is not strictly a term to describe overly cutesy female characters. "Moe" is exagerating features or deliberately adding human features to non-human subjects as well. The documentary even interviewed this group of Manga-ka that was publishing a manga about a group of pretty boys that were meant to be caricatures of the various different trains and train routes in japan. They even had an OVA to go along with it.

Which, if we follow that definition, Axis Powers Hetalia definitely qualifies since it turned the various countries and nations involved in World War II into a group of nancy boys with a bunch of humorous quirks.

...why did I just talk in-depth about moe?

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2010, 12:07:16 AM »
I'm reminded of Le roman de Renart (or Renart the Fox). The first time I saw a clip from it, I thought it was a videogame. I still do. I just can't get over how strange the art style is, it almost always looks like a videogame no matter what.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2010, 02:21:57 AM »

Print