Print

Author Topic: You Rage (or Lose Faith in Humanity), You Lose  (Read 211712 times)

« Reply #570 on: January 09, 2014, 10:33:14 PM »
Although I agree that this person is insane, she's far outnumbered by all the men on the internet who think that women are nothing but "dumb, overly emotional *****es" who (as George Carlin put it) are only valuable as a parking place for some sperm.

Haven't really seen much outrage towards that in this thread though. Just a lot of confirmation bias in the form of purposefully looking for bat[dukar] crazies in the feminist movement.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #571 on: January 09, 2014, 11:03:44 PM »
Honestly, I'd never give this sort of thing a second thought, but it being presented here makes it pretty open to response. I think I'd have been okay having never read about it, though knowing how often this sort of thing is brought up here (which honestly, I find a little strange) I guess it was inevitable that I would actually pay attention to it at some point. In fact, my original response to the subject of these crazy ladies was a very sarcastic "Thanks for sharing." Honestly, I'm mad at myself for spending time reading those ridiculous arguments, where I never would've found them otherwise. I mean, I get that it harps on the point of this topic, but it's from that corner of the internet that most people ignore in the first place.

Also, they aren't very vocal outside of their little blogs from what I understand, so as long as they stay under their rocks, they don't have much of an adverse affect on people. I mean, PL has a point; I'm pretty sure you have to look specifically for this crap in order to find it; I certainly never would've wandered into it on accident.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #572 on: January 10, 2014, 08:16:43 AM »
Alright, maybe you guys want some far-right lunacy instead.

This whole image is crazy, but the two that stand out as most stupid to me:
Black privilege is being wealthy without people assuming your wealth was handed to you, or that you exploited others (even though neo nazis [This image is from the most famous neo-nazi website, which I will not name and thus give them exposure] usually assume black people have any kind of money thanks to affirmative action)
Black privilege is having Hollywood always present your race in a positive light (probably the most laughable one of all)
Relics.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #573 on: January 11, 2014, 12:43:51 AM »
I wish I could say I lost from that image, but after my brother Nutjob introduced me to Reddit, I've come to expect this kind of nonsense in an image format. Maybe if it was an article carefully detailing the author's insanity, I'd rage.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #574 on: January 11, 2014, 01:38:14 AM »
Black privilege is when people consider you to be superior at sports or "better in bed"
Someone's got issues.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #575 on: January 11, 2014, 03:09:12 AM »
You know the funny thing is that the person who posted that is probably a white supremacist. Yet here they are expressing their fear about being deemed inferior.

« Reply #576 on: January 20, 2014, 08:53:21 PM »
White supremacists talk about how "the Jews" manipulate everyone and rule the world and have all this money and stuff...and yet white people are "the superior master race". I thought the Jews are the ones that rule the world?
Relics.

« Reply #577 on: March 12, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #578 on: March 13, 2014, 01:29:09 AM »
I don't get it, what's there to rage about?

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #579 on: March 13, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »
It's Weegee, remember?
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #580 on: March 13, 2014, 02:48:41 PM »
Not a gender thing. Life isn't a made-for-TV movie, as this person happens to think.

I’ve held and currently hold several leadership positions within Scouts Canada as well as a leadership position within the Anglican Church. I am a camp counsellor and babysitter. I spend a significant period of my time with children, so my conflict resolution skills are great. I do have real leadership experience both within the Scouting and Church worlds. If you have ever tried to get eight nine year olds to do something quickly, you will know I can handle adults.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #581 on: March 26, 2014, 11:38:41 PM »
Old, but I don't think it's an irrelevant thing today (contains language and excessive, putrid angst from spoiled, entitled teenagers).
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #582 on: March 27, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »
Bleh. Both sides anger me. The side you posted, and the side that argues in favor of spanking. "Let's abuse our child so that they don't overreact in a harmless way."
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #583 on: March 27, 2014, 01:08:24 PM »
Relics.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #584 on: March 27, 2014, 09:05:27 PM »
WAIT I LIED THEY WERE NOT THE ONES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN LIFE.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print