Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260362 times)

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #5985 on: March 27, 2015, 06:56:38 AM »
You mean in Kefka's Tower? I still can't beat that place on Virtual Console because I only leveled up characters I actually used, like Terra and Sabin.
Geez, I'm way behind! I mean, like the first time you choose who is in what group. At Narshe.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #5986 on: March 27, 2015, 11:56:35 AM »
Back to PM, we're at the point when fans can make a better Paper Mario platformer than Nintendo:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4OqPSEnZhw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4OqPSEnZhw</a>
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5987 on: March 27, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »
Thanks WeeGee.  I'll try it and Super Mario 64 HD when I find my PC controllers (In case you didn't know, I just moved.)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-2TF3Okyw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-2TF3Okyw</a>
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5988 on: March 27, 2015, 05:12:48 PM »
Haven't seen anything about SM64HD in a while. The physics look spot-on.

Think about modding that... getting the SM64DS characters/content in, importing custom maps or maps from other games... making entirely new playable characters working off of SM64DS' lead, like Donkey Kong, Rosalina, Friendly Floyd, Bowser Jr.... from what I've done in Unity I would guess it wouldn't be difficult to edit Mario's attributes and add unique commands once the foundations are in place (and the new animations are complete), and anything is possible until Nintendo drops the C&D
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5989 on: March 29, 2015, 08:54:41 AM »
Oh look, it's been seven and a half months since I last posted about new stuff. Two boxes from strange foreign lands (in this case, Japan and San Francisco) arrived this week, so let's talk about the last two months' pickups. No dogs, unlike the last several images in this thread, but I did get a cat, a scorpion, an elder dragon, a Super Dragon, and two God[darn]ed moons:

Games:
-I think the New 3DS XL itself goes in this category. It's been great having a 3DS again and being able to play, uh, Wario Land 2.
-Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Limited edition, which is why the Gore Magala is next to the game there. I've been enjoying it quite a bit, unlike previous games in the series!
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. Standard edition. Haven't started it yet.
-Not pictured: Codename S.T.E.A.M. I did get the preorder bonus, though, and that's in there for that reason. Also haven't started this yet.
-Demon Gaze. First-person dungeon-crawler with some modern concessions, in the same vein as Etrian Odyssey. I really admire the game's willingness to kill off voiced story characters all the time.
-Fate/stay night + Fate/hollow ataraxia. Box set released last year containing both games and two artbooks, for slightly more than what one of the games by itself would have previously cost. I got the set from Yahoo! Auctions Japan for 6600JPY (MSRP was 9500JPY), at a time when the yen was tanking enough that I paid about $55 for it.
-TRON 2.0. I paid a dollar for it! I'm waiting until the classic game club over on Quarter to Three gets around to it before I start it.
-東方永夜抄 ~ Imperishable Night. The eighth mainline Touhou Project game, and the first official one I've actually purchased. One of my all-time favorite shmups, with a compelling and intuitive score system, good difficulty balance across all its modes, the incredibly fun Spell Practice mode that lets you fight individual boss patterns (including Last Words, ultra-diffficult patterns not seen in the main game), and one of the best soundtracks in the series.
-Tragedy Looper. A localized Japanese tabletop game, based heavily on murder-mystery visual novels like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. On the surface, it's basically "Clue on steroids," but Tragedy Looper is far deeper and more enjoyable than Clue could ever be. Highly recommended if you can get at least two friends to play it with you, and especially if you can get it for 50% off like I did.

Not games:
-Space Invaders candy. One of a handful of random things included in that package from San Francisco. You can't really see it in the picture, but the container is shaped like the classic arcade cabinet, complete with the old Taito logo.
-Monster Hunter 4 Seltas Queen figure. Also from the SF package. There's also a Seltas figure from the same set that can be attached to it, but I only got the one figure, sadly.
-Peach and Yoshi amiibos. Picked up for $10 each. These were the only characters I actually wanted because I like the characters rather than because I want in-game unlocks, so finding them on sale was pretty nice. I'll most likely wait until the card versions come out to get other stuff.
-Lucky cat! This one is solar-powered, and waves its arm when left in sunlight.
-2015 calendar with some sort of anime/video game characters on it? I don't recognize any of it. This was a freebie in the Japan package.
-St. Elsewhere. Great album. Picked up at the same time as TRON 2.0, just as cheap.

Not pictured: hundreds of dollars' worth of Dice Masters and Magic: the Gathering stuff, assorted digital purchases and gifts like the Mighty Switch Force! games and Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition, some other books, CDs, and games I forgot about, every English volume of Monster Musume so far, the really comfortable Uniqlo Heattech shirt that was the entire point of the package from Japan (I was wearing it when I took the picture), and a lot of foreign candy with packaging that wasn't as cool as the Space Invaders candy.

Oh yeah, and I met a really cool girl this weekend.

« Reply #5990 on: March 31, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »
Haven't seen anything about SM64HD in a while. The physics look spot-on.

Think about modding that... getting the SM64DS characters/content in, importing custom maps or maps from other games... making entirely new playable characters working off of SM64DS' lead, like Donkey Kong, Rosalina, Friendly Floyd, Bowser Jr.... from what I've done in Unity I would guess it wouldn't be difficult to edit Mario's attributes and add unique commands once the foundations are in place (and the new animations are complete), and anything is possible until Nintendo drops the C&D

Actually, that's a different project entirely.
Relics.

« Reply #5991 on: April 01, 2015, 06:13:29 PM »
Thanks WeeGee.  I'll try it and Super Mario 64 HD when I find my PC controllers (In case you didn't know, I just moved.)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-2TF3Okyw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-2TF3Okyw</a>

Killed by The Big N.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:17:05 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5992 on: April 01, 2015, 07:05:41 PM »
Called it!
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5993 on: April 01, 2015, 07:24:06 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5994 on: April 01, 2015, 08:29:50 PM »
I don't like being excluded!
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5995 on: April 02, 2015, 09:07:24 PM »
Prepurchased my Ness and squid amiibos today!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5996 on: April 07, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5997 on: April 07, 2015, 05:05:18 PM »
I went to an anime convention over the weekend and got my stuff autographed!

The Angel Beats DVD was signed by LiSA, a singer who features prominently in the show. Kingdom Hearts was signed by Yoko Shimomura.

Other stuff happened, too, but the autographs were probably the most exciting.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #5998 on: April 08, 2015, 06:39:52 AM »
Oh, whoa!
What anime convention had Yoko Shimomura as a guest?  She's one of my favorite game music composers!
Go Moon!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5999 on: April 08, 2015, 03:19:55 PM »
It was Anime Boston, in... well, Boston. Sadly, I arrived to the convention too late to see her panel. I would have made it, too, were it not for a burst pipe backing up the subway. Ah well, maybe she'll be there another time.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print