Print

Author Topic: This is Vic Viper T-301, removing your excuse to not have played World of Goo.  (Read 6050 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« on: May 05, 2010, 09:27:07 AM »
The Humble Indie Bundle

I'm buying gift copies of this for the first five people to PM me their email addresses.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 09:49:44 AM »
That's one catchy jingle they've got in their video.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 01:59:19 PM »
How badly will these games buttrape my Windows XP?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 02:54:18 PM »
Hahahaha Weegee's post is so funny he definitely deserves a gifted copy of this.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:30:19 PM »
Two left, guys.

Weegee, World of Goo (which is the only game in the pack I already own, which is why I'm buying the pack for myself in addition to the five I'm gifting here and one for Kalee) runs with no problems on my 900MHz 1GB-of-RAM Intel-integrated-graphics Windows XP-running netbook. If I'm not mistaken, the only games in the pack that said netbook would have trouble running are Penumbra and Lugaru, and their requirements aren't particularly high either.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »
Aaand every slot filled! You guys can expect to receive your download codes at some point during the next few days.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 02:12:14 PM »
:)
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 04:54:17 PM »
I donated from my Windows machine, but told it to count as Linux.  Next I'll donate from my Linux box and set it to count as Windows.  I'll also be donated at school to get WoG on my robotics PC.  It should work fine on our netbooks too.  I'm not sure how to tell them to count it though.  The PC uses Windows, but all our robots use Linux.  In all cases I'm splitting evenly between the developers and charity.  Anyway, I already know WoG is great, and look forward to trying the other games.  Edit:  Also posted this on fb.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 08:56:28 PM »
Okay, so watching the video for the Humble Indie Bundle again now that I'm in a position to hear it properly, I love the Diablo II reference.

(Bundles sent.)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »
I'm downloading World of Goo and Gish for now. I already own Penumbra on Steam and it's okay.

By the way, Warp, mad props for doing this, and thank you very much for the games.
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 04:59:15 PM »
This is Glorb telling you that World of Goo is an excellent, excellent game. It's fun, simple, complicated, cute, creepy, utterly unique, casual, and hardcore, all in one. I realize that no one else here, including me, was willing to pay any amount of money for it since Warp's taste in games is shady, but now you have a second opinion. Buy the hell out of this game.
every

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 05:15:03 PM »
Cool. Let's keep it in the same topic next time.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 05:16:55 PM »
I realize that no one else here, including me, was willing to pay any amount of money for it
Pretty sure at least Luigison and I bought it and spoke well of it long before Warp played it. Heck, I probably spoke well of it before it even came out in the release thread.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »
Warp's taste in games is shady

Every game Warp has recommended to me turned out to be awesome, so I have no clue what you're getting at with that statement.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
I realize that no one else here, including me, was willing to pay any amount of money for it
The sad thing about this line isn't that Glorb thinks he's speaking for everyone, but rather that everyone already had a chance to pay what they wanted for World of Goo by itself, and yet no one took advantage of it.

Then again, no one here pays attention to threads about PC games.

By the way, for anyone who didn't notice: Amanita Design donated Samorost 2 to the bundle. Anyone who already has the bundle gets it for free.

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 08:15:56 PM »
Computers have games?!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 02:27:56 PM »
By the way, for anyone who's interested, the World of Goo soundtrack was released for free quite some time ago.

Also, the bundle here is only available for one more day, so if you want it, you'd better get on that soon.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »
BTW, I have WoG on three computers, my Wii, and gifted it to someone as well.  Besides, Warp's taste in games has near zero effect on my game purchasing decisions.  I typically buy games to my tastes.  Gifts excepted. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 11:10:47 PM »
Wow, no one's thanked Warp for the six free games yet?
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 11:38:09 PM »
Three out of four of the other people I gifted it to thanked me in various IRC channels.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 06:43:24 AM »
Where are my manners?  Thanks, Warp.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 07:51:48 AM »
Thanks for giving me a pack of games I can't beat because I saaaaawk
No! I don't want that!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »
So I got around to playing Gish and it ****ing suuuuuucks this game sucks butt hole up the butt and I hate it hate it hate it. It's hard as [dukar]. Talk about modern games being too soft all you want, but finite lives and continues is [dukar] no one likes to put up with anymore, especially when you get stuck in between two objects as a result of the physics system and have to restart. I am going to find whoever made this game and [dukar] down his chimney.
every

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 06:38:56 PM »
Glorb, have you ever played a pre-5th gen game?

Those problems were incredibly common back in the day and most of us dealt with it.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 11:31:17 PM »
Yes, I have. But, call me crazy, I see games as games, not chores to slog through or feats to overcome, and always have. Fun > difficulty, and satisfaction > bragging rights. I've played through many a hard game in my day and generally enjoyed it, because that was how things were done. When you jumped, you always jumped the same height as you did the last time you jumped, and when an enemy hit you you got knocked back the same number of pixels. These days when games have too many physics-related variables and such, rigid lives-and-continues systems just don't fit. Especially in a game about physics.
every

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 10:25:01 AM »
Glorb makes me think of Cranky Kong for some reason.. My beard would have been 32 games, and they would have been good games too!

and, to stay closer to topic, I downloaded the World of Goo soundtrack (and have played the game). It's awesome.

* Toad listens to the music from the third level.
(I think it's the third level. The first one where the Time Bugs are introduced..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »
WoG didn't work on my initial test on my school computer's Wii Smoothboard due to the fact that the smoothboard calibrates to the projected resolution, but WoG changes that.  I'll can probably change the desktop resolution to fix it, but in the mean time we played Crayon Physics instead. 

Print