Print

Author Topic: Super Paper Mario released in USA  (Read 17876 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 03:30:32 PM »
If Circuit City doesn't have it in stock after 2PM, or it is sold out after 2PM, you score a $20 gift card.
Too bad it's at Circuit City. My parents decided to stop shopping there after they fired many of their employees since they were getting paid more than the employees of competitors.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 11:37:19 PM »
As they say in Iceland, "halló!"

This is my first post– and, I am glad to add, a post made in good humor!

This afternoon, I bought a copy of the game (with more than one days' salary,) and I must say, I like it quite a bit. I've not progressed far, but already, "Super Paper Mario" seems (even despite its quirks and new mechanics) to be much more faithful to the feel of "Paper Mario" for the Nintendo 64 than was "The Thousand-Year Door" on the GameCube.

The game is jaunty, charming, and quite pleasantly nostalgic, calling into play a whole slew of enemies, tunes, and terrain from Mario games passed, even as new and equally interesting characters and places are introduced. The 'flipping' mechanic truly does add a unique feel and exploratory quality to the gameplay, and the pacing "issues" alluded to in many of the popular gaming website reviews are not a significant enough problem to even warrant much commentary. If you found the story sequences to be of tolerable length in the series' previous installments, you shall likely find  no flaw in the pacing of Paper Mario's latest adventure. 

I hope my little spiel was of any help to those interested.

Au revoir,

Cole

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 12:02:46 AM »
Lucky Cole! I have hope for this new game yet! :D It seems fascinating. I've been reading spoilers. I'm going to watch spoilers. For some reason, they really don't "spoil" for me.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 12:09:32 AM »
Got it.
I've gotten far enough to tell it's not as awesome as TTYD. It's awesome though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 03:17:17 PM »
It seems a bit hard to compare TTYD and SPM, considering that the games are largely different in gameplay. (Though you could wear a Bump Attack badge and almost play TTYD like a platformer.)
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 05:02:17 PM »
Man, I got it today. Such a great game, but so far it seems to be a little lacking in the humor department; a major reason I liked TTYD.

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »
I also got it. I'm really enjoying it; I'm up to Chapter 1-4 already.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 05:52:55 PM »
Ah, that's where I'm at, and I must say, I was wrong. SPM still has the humor that TTYD had.

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »
Cole90 seems................happy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 01:04:05 AM »
I'm kind of disappointed at how short it looks like it'll be though. I'm on 5-3... Maybe several plot twists will occur and I'll have to play 22 more or so...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 05:46:49 AM »
I like this a lot more than the RPGs because it's like the RPGs pretty much except when you hit an enemy, instead of going into a boring battle, it's instantly resolved. Jumping on a Goomba and instantly killing it (like Goombas are, ya know, supposed to be) instead of jumping on a Goomba, going into a pointless battle where you know it will do no harm to you and you have to select jump a couple times from a menu, then winning and seeing your star points and then exiting the battle right to where you jumped on the Goomba is definitely something I allow.

See, Bird's complaining that it looks too short, but I think it's just that the battle time is cut out, and you get pure Paper Mario goodness with no pointless battles. Yes!

Also read this ONLY if you've passed 2-3: Earning the 10,000 Rubees on the wheel was so hilariously boring and long I simply have to allow it. Best "joke" of the game so far.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 05:49:04 AM by Lizard Dude »

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 03:56:03 PM »
What? You actually MADE ALL 1,000,000 running? You didn't just get them out of the safe on the upper floor??
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 02:39:41 AM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 06:11:52 PM »
I was able to get it yesterday (doing great on my report card helped). It's fun and all, but the chapters I did were a bit too easy.   

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 07:30:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm on that, er, sweatshop level as well. Game's as fun as heck (and I agree with LD on why it's "shorter"), but sho' 'nuff, no one had it on the first day. But no matter! It's here, it's somethin' to do, and Chapter 2 is pretty short.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 02:40:34 AM by Lizard Dude »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 02:41:16 AM »
I said 10,000 not 1,000,000 dude. Ya know, to get the password to the safe.

Print