Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1695783 times)

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #6525 on: March 29, 2010, 08:40:04 PM »
UGH!!! Fricken spyro game!!! WORK!!!! (oops, shouted. I hope thatz just a guideline.)
Guess who's back!!!

« Reply #6526 on: March 30, 2010, 04:39:44 PM »
Downside to the week: I've got major paper cuts from copying and stapling almost a thousand flyers. It's ridiculous.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6527 on: March 30, 2010, 11:02:51 PM »
Flyers for what?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6528 on: March 31, 2010, 10:06:30 AM »
Ares the God of War is FFFFFFFFFF on God mode. But I can taste the victory close at hand.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6529 on: March 31, 2010, 10:07:48 AM »
Geez, TEM, take it to You Freak Out,You Lose, will ya?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #6530 on: March 31, 2010, 11:00:31 AM »
Reminds me of my reaction playing F-Zero GX on Story Mode (difficulty doesn't matter, they're all synonyms for "Impossible"). Somehow, Draq punching the TV in his special cutscene wasn't adequate to describe what I wanted to do to the game. Speaking of freaky, someone should get the picture of the guy from Cube who gets the acid in his face and his face corrodes away.

Angst: I was typing up something recently in Notepad, went to open some other program, went back only to discover I accidentally closed Notepad and lost all my work. No, I didn't think to save it at all during that. And earlier before that, I was deleting old folders that screamed "delete me", forgetting that my only copy of another huge text file was in one of said folders. Naturally I emptied the recycle bin before I remembered about the file, so... yeah, it's gone forever too. Curse my momentary slips in computing. I guess I can also angst that there's that one Star Fox fan fiction I'll never see again, but I've given up on finding anyone who has it.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #6531 on: March 31, 2010, 04:25:28 PM »
I was about to write a post saying why the heck would you empty your recycle bin.

Then first I looked at my own recycle bin in curiosity.

Then I saw it was taking up 8 GB.

Then I pooped.

Then I emptied my recycle bin.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6532 on: March 31, 2010, 04:37:47 PM »
YouTube's new layout looks like a pile of crap that's been marinated in barf and sun-baked to a crisp golden-brown.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #6533 on: March 31, 2010, 05:24:57 PM »
Videos' ratings can no longer be viewed at a glance? Bull[dukar].
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6534 on: March 31, 2010, 06:27:17 PM »
In the last couple minutes, I've warmed slightly to it in functional terms. But [darn] it looks like crap. Literally everything is the wrong size.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #6535 on: March 31, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »
YouTube's new layout looks like a pile of crap that's been marinated in barf and sun-baked to a crisp golden-brown.
That, my friend, is why their server keeps failing.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6536 on: March 31, 2010, 07:18:41 PM »
The front page looked normal to me, but I'm in no position to watch videos on dial-up, so I guess it's the rest of the site that's weird...?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6537 on: March 31, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »
Precisely. For starters, only "featured" videos have retained their star-ratings; all others now have a rudimentary "thumbs up/thumbs down" rating scheme which requires you to click on a specific video to see its score. Thus, discerning good selections from poor ones has become more of a laborious process. Additionally, this new layout's minimalistic, border-less style makes locating and telling features apart a nuisance.

Also note that a video's rating can't be seen until you've rated it. Even then, "582 people liked it / 93 people didn't like it" isn't nearly as helpful as star-ratings.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:18:53 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #6538 on: March 31, 2010, 08:20:50 PM »
Man, I LOVE new YouTube. The video, pure text, and whiteness. Love it. Great design. Five-star rating is retarded. The description is in a much easier place for my eyes to not autolook at it and get spoilers.

« Reply #6539 on: March 31, 2010, 08:39:45 PM »
My main beef is how you can't discern [dukar]ty four-star vids from decent 4.5/5-star ones while casually scrolling through results. The new rating format is actually more "retarded", as it's equivalent to there only being 1- or 5-star voting options.

Print