Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1695588 times)

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #6570 on: April 16, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »
I saw a mouse. I'm sure it's gonna eat my wires. Most likely to my Wii. We have no bug spray, so what do I do?
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6571 on: April 16, 2010, 11:05:14 PM »
Try the mouse spray.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #6572 on: April 17, 2010, 12:32:34 AM »
Stop being funny, I saw a mouse and Wiis use wires and mice eat wires.

EDIT: Blar, I really gotta stay off the comp at 3:00 AM.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 05:39:05 PM by Hacker Pikachu 25 »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6573 on: April 17, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »
**** that ***** up, son. It's a mouse.
every

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #6574 on: April 17, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Go Moon!

« Reply #6575 on: April 17, 2010, 09:06:09 PM »
Okay, so in philosophy class yesterday, a student objected to reading The Gay Science by Nietzsche because he (referring to the student) is anti-gay.

I almost died of an aneurism.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #6576 on: April 17, 2010, 09:45:56 PM »
Whadd'ya mean he's anti-happyness?!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6577 on: April 18, 2010, 12:42:00 AM »
I'm screwed for prom.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6578 on: April 18, 2010, 12:42:25 AM »
Isn't that the idea?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6579 on: April 18, 2010, 12:45:05 AM »
Yeah, I figured someone was going to say that... :)

Seriously, though, I'm feeling worse about my love life right now than I ever have.

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #6580 on: April 18, 2010, 12:55:47 AM »
I have an ANGST. Forums are slow. It's so boring.

« Reply #6581 on: April 18, 2010, 12:57:27 AM »
Seriously, though, I'm feeling worse about my love life right now than I ever have.

What's wrong man?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6582 on: April 18, 2010, 08:30:59 AM »
Well, I'll condense a couple months of ANGST into as simple a summary as I can...

I suddenly became infatuated with a girl I've known (but never very well) for years. So, eventually, I asked her to a dance--she was already going with someone. Me = crushed, but I also asked her to senior prom at the same time. She wasn't as sure about that one, so I gave her a heart I made in pottery (it said, quoth xkcd, "THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS NOT TO PLAY"--on account of a previously failed un-relationship, I initally resisted admitting I was in love again. She had seen it the other day and said "you're fascinating"). Cue a month or two of moping--meanwhile, the girl I used to be in love with messaged me and asked if I was going to prom, using the pronoun "dear" in a follow-up. Eventually, I realized that I needed a straight answer, so feeling awkward about re-asking, I dropped a coded message into the script for the Shakespeare project we were doing in class, and messaged/tried to chat with her online repeatedly. She either ignored me or... I don't know. I chatted with her friend, but that didn't really get me anywhere, either. I finally asked her in person, but on the basis that we both knew what I was talking about--she said something about someone else who wanted to go with her and that she'd get back to me by the end of the day. Yeah, you can probably guess how that turned out. And then I get online the other day and see that the other girl is going with someone now.

...Wow, that wasn't that short at all. Well, I'll condense it even further:

Girl I'm in love with: Won't talk to me, was asked first and literally given a heart by me, but still will probably go with someone else.
Girl I used to be in love with: Was my Plan B, now is going with some else on account of Girl #1 not giving a [darn].

I've been raised so differently from everyone else I know in school, so I've always felt like I don't belong. I know I shouldn't worry about girls right now, but this is about more than just going to a senior ball. I used to just feel like they didn't care about me--now I know.

For further enlightenment into my hitherto unrevealed-to-TMK emotional ire, consult my chief playlist:

Monkey Wrench--Foo Fighters
Why Can't This Be Love--Van Halen
Wondering--Good Charlotte
The Scientist--Coldplay
Story of a Lonely Guy--Blink-182
In My Place--Coldplay
First Date--Blink-182
Cold Desert--Kings of Leon
Creep--Radiohead
Give Me Novacaine--Green Day
She's a Rebel--Green Day
Fix You--Coldplay
Waggy--Blink-182
Enthused--Blink-182
Apple Shampoo--Blink-182
Untitled--Blink-182
Dumpweed--Blink-182
Going Away to College--Blink-182
Dysentery Gary--Blink-182
Adam's Song--Blink-182

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6583 on: April 18, 2010, 09:36:33 AM »
Oh god, Blink 182. This man's deeper in sorrow than anyone I've ever seen.

Jokes about musical taste aside, you really shouldn't get too worked up about the whole situation. I've been rejected in various ways (running the gamut from "you're sweet, but I already have a boyfriend" to "no, **** off and die") far more times than I've actually gotten with a girl. See, here's the thing with girls that seems like common sense but is just so hard to pull off: just be straight-up when asking them out. Each girl is different, but they all have one thing in common: the more effort you put into asking them out, the more your chances of them saying yes plummet.

Just be yourself, but not obnoxiously so. Dress nice, yadda yadda. Try and get her number, but don't ask for it. Trust me, if she's into you, you will get one. The three-days rule doesn't apply as heavily to high school since you'll probably be seeing her on a regular basis, so call her up maybe a day or so later in your case. While conversing, ask more questions than anything else, since at this point, to be honest, she doesn't care too much about what you think and just wants to tell you about herself. If she's still into you after a while, ask her out. Seriously, that's about it. What follows after is, unfortunately, not as easy to map out. And if she says no, then take it in stride. Tell her it's cool, maybe some other time?, that kind of thing.

In short, pretty much any guy can get a girl as long as he's confident, nice, gentlemanly (but not too gentlemanly), and plays it cool.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6584 on: April 18, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »
Yeah, good points all around... I just wish I had more than one class with her, and that she actually came to track practice for a change.

Oh, and on the completely opposite end of the complaint spectrum: My Wii won't read discs for some reason.

Print