Print

Author Topic: Font color disabled  (Read 30854 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: August 31, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »
Due to certain members abusing the text color feature, its BBCode tag has been disabled.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 08:25:39 PM »
GOOD JOB YALL
every

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:55:08 PM »
:(
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »
?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 08:58:35 PM »
Deezer used disable!

Lizard Dude's Font Color was disabled!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:04:32 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 02:08:06 PM »
Deezer used disable!

Lizard Dude's Font Color was disabled!

Nice!!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 08:23:36 PM »
It wasn't because of me was it? I was only changing colors for extra emphasis..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 08:43:54 PM »
We should form a lynch mob against Lizard Dude, WarpRattler and CrossEyed7 for killing coloured font. I'll supply the torches and pitchforks.

You've been using font colour quite sparingly, Toad. Care to join our uprising?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 09:29:14 PM »
Great job guys, only real men could've pulled this off.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 09:56:46 PM »
Only real men type in pink.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 07:33:28 AM »
Heh, this is funny. I was doing my logic homework when I read this. Surprisingly, the last two posts contain a form that I've been working with in this assignment. So I just translated Rao's and Ninjap00's posts into syllogistic formulae.

All P is R!

[/boring]
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »
So are real men that pulled this off and real men who type in pink mutually exclusive?  It seems there would be no overlap...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 12:56:30 PM »
Well, of course they're different. But I just used the same letters for both formulae. (P for "pulled this off" and "pink.")
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 01:00:34 PM »
* SolicShroom wonders if this will still work.

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 01:08:36 PM »
* Glitchy agrees that it will work.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 02:00:22 PM »
* Lavender is not that great for hiding posts, though.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 02:04:51 PM »
* Weegee contemplates how anyone could confuse a salmonish shade of red for lavender

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 04:48:45 PM »
CE7 is confused!
It hurt itself in it's confusion!

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »
* jdaster64 sees lavender too.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 12:12:26 PM »
* Weegee remembers that you use the default forum theme, which presumably uses purple instead of a pinkish red

CrossEyed7

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »
* CrossEyed7 remembers that you are Canadian, and probably don't know the real names of colors

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 12:19:09 PM »
* NO U

CrossEyed7

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 12:21:16 PM »
* CrossEyed7 doesn't see how that's at all pinkish

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »
Well, it's a somewhat-light shade of red upon close inspection. Bah.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 12:27:55 PM »
* They don't have standard IRC colors in the negaverse, either?!

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 01:22:51 PM »
* Ninjap00 wonders where the Purple Mountain's Majesty crayon is.

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 10:22:09 PM »
* FBM wonders if this will be disabled next.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »
* Toad traces over all the words on his monitor in crayon.

..except now I can't see..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 09:52:34 AM »
* Ninjap00 uses Vivid Violet instead.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »
* Rao tries so hard, but he just doesn't understand.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »
We can has font colour back nao pl0x? Kthxbai.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 11:26:58 AM »
Spell like us Americans and maybe Deez'll think about it.
every

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 02:02:39 PM »
Alright, I'll try.

*Ahem...*

Deezer, we would be much o-bliged if y'all was to give back us our font color. You reckon y'all could do that soon, pard?

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
Something else is disabled on mine. THE NEW TOPIC BUTTON.
Beep Click Beep! ~Mr.Game & Watch

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »
New members can't post topics. Stay around for the meanwhile.

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »
New members can't post topics. Stay around for the meanwhile.

YOU REPLIED RIGHT WHEN I SAID IT. O.o
Beep Click Beep! ~Mr.Game & Watch

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »
YOU REPLIED RIGHT WHEN I SAID IT. O.o

The 59 seconds between our posts say otherwise.

Also,

GLORB I TRIED YOUR SUGGESTION BUT NOTHING HAPPENED

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 02:30:12 PM »
? Suggestion?
every

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 04:49:57 PM »
Spell like us Americans and maybe Deez'll think about it.
Deezer, we would be much o-bliged if y'all was to give back us our font color. You reckon y'all could do that soon, pard?

:(

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »
FWIW, I believe it would be safe to bring font color back since it's now literally impossible to change forum themes even if you wanted to.

On the other hand, I hate forum features beyond the ability to post text so I don't care if color stays gone forever. I would also like Deezer to remove avatars and image support.

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 06:19:51 PM »
For that matter, let's remove the ability to post links.

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
No point, because people would still post URLs as text.

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 07:30:04 PM »
Indeed. It's a travesty, isn't it?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 08:23:30 PM »
FWIW, I believe it would be safe to bring font color back since it's now literally impossible to change forum themes even if you wanted to.

On the other hand, I hate forum features beyond the ability to post text so I don't care if color stays gone forever. I would also like Deezer to remove avatars and image support.
If this were anyone else posting this I would think it was sarcasm.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 08:48:27 PM »
Think about how much useless trash this forum has now due to image support, though. Seriously, just consider it.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 10:07:40 PM »
I considered it, and then I thought about all the great pictures I've seen here and decided that's a terrible suggestion.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 11:20:54 PM »
I don't think they're talking about the pictures from your long lost Harem threads.

I think maybe font color could be added for members who prove themselves worthy after a certain time (or number of posts, or maturity level, or.. well, you get the idea). Kind of like other features (like the Start a New Topic button).

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »
Ironic, considering that LD is the one mainly responsible for the ban on font colour.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »
Let's ban the follwing:

Ability to format text
Ability to start topics
Ability to post images
Ability to post links
Ability to post urls
Ability to post

Then we will be free of problems foreeeeeveeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
every

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »
Except for people who decide to edit a recent post (I don't remember anymore whether a post becomes uneditable an hour after posting or when a new post occurs in the thread. Don't know if you can leave the Edit window open indefinitely and then end up editing the post hours afterward. I say that because I sometimes spend hours on posts).

Disabling font color I don't mind, it's not something I use and the less HTML-like behavior in posts the better (except images and links, gotta love 'em). Not being able to change the theme... well, in most cases I think changing the theme's something you do upon becoming a new member to a forum. I'm so used to the dark theme that I don't mind if I keep it forever. Too bad new members won't be able to change the theme though. What does mildly bother me is a complete inability to see avatars due to the dark theme (or maybe due to having been around long enough that maybe perchance the new dark theme has avatars but it glitched somehow).

EDIT: Got me an avatar. Oh hai sudden-avatar-next-to-login-status. Oh hai time-offset-meaning-difference-to-forum-time-instead-of-time-zone. So all this time I should have had time offset at -1.16 instead of -8. That makes so much sense.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 04:47:48 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2010, 07:03:07 PM »
Can't avatars be seen in members' profiles with the default theme?

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2010, 07:55:39 PM »

I forget which theme is the default. The one I view the FF in is the grey/black colored one. My avatar only appears up at the top of the page ("Hey, Toad, you have.."), and I can only see other avatars when I view someone's profile.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2010, 08:12:29 PM »
It's all about seeing the avatars right next to their corresponding members' posts.  I've said this before: it adds personality and individuality.

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »
You're stuck with the default theme, Toad.

I've said this before: it adds personality and individuality.

Indeed. Lizard Dude has yet to explain why personality and individuality are bad.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2010, 11:11:58 PM »
Personality and individuality on a message board should come from the content of one's writing, not what their post looks like.

That said, while I like having the ability to post images and have seen some good ones on this forum over the years, there are far too many users here who abuse that privilege and make posts consisting of nothing more than iceburn.gif or reaction images, and I definitely wouldn't miss that if the ability to post images went away.

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2010, 12:02:04 AM »
Personality and individuality on a message board should come from the content of one's writing, not what their post looks like.

If that's the case, why did you give yourself a unique username when you joined this forum? Shouldn't you also be lobbying for all people to dress identically? It's the same concept, after all. Besides, it's pretty inconsiderate to want a feature disabled just because you'd rather not use it.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2010, 12:54:43 AM »
Way to read only the first sentence of a post.

If that's the case, why did you give yourself a unique username when you joined this forum?
You know as well as I do that this forum lacks the option of anonymity (not that I would've chosen such a thing as an eleven-year-old joining a message board on the Internet).

Shouldn't you also be lobbying for all people to dress identically? It's the same concept, after all.
It's really not. In the real world, different people require different clothes. Because of various physical needs, no one could ever truly dress identically no matter what, so such a concept is meaningless. Meanwhile, on the Internet, you can easily make do with little more than a name (if that) and your works. No matter how nice or useful they might be, things like images should be unnecessary to get your point across if your writing is good.

Besides, it's pretty inconsiderate to want a feature disabled just because you'd rather not use it.
Never at any point did I say I wanted it disabled because I don't want to use it (and I wouldn't have said that, as I do use the feature). I said I wouldn't mind if it was disabled because of a few particular users who abuse it.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »
Haha, look at Warp trying to force conformism on everyone, it's cute.

See, the only reason font color is gone is because LD and whatsisface abused it, and we can't discipline popular members oh no! So instead of doing something about the cause, we just did something about the effect. I'm sure if a lesser, not-as-old member had pulled a stunt like that, they'd have been banned.
every

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2010, 10:43:23 AM »
I was banned four months for posting The Creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel's ceiling.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2010, 11:17:24 AM »
I thought you were banned for flooding Forum Games with all your FOR REAL threads.

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »
I was banned four months for posting The Creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel's ceiling.

Why?

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2010, 01:06:24 PM »
Because it was a very special version of said work. :D

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »
Ohh, gotcha.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2010, 02:56:10 PM »
Clearly, getting rid of images would raise the level of discourse, reduce our dependence on 4channery, and make us all more mature. Just look at the GameFAQs message boards.

I thought you were banned for flooding Forum Games with all your FOR REAL threads.
Hey, I helped with that too! I still consider the race through the presidents with PL one of the most epic events I've experienced on this board, as mind-numbingly inane as it was, and as much as everyone else probably hated it. And Let's Count To Grown Up FOR REAL was pretty awesome too. But yeah, as best as I remember, the major historical event that that night led to was BP getting fed up with us and leaving, not an LD ban.

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
I still consider the race through the presidents with PL one of the most epic events I've experienced on this board

I couldn't stop laughing that day. XD

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2010, 04:03:29 PM »
Hey, I helped with that too!
To a lesser extent.  LD was the biggest single contributor by far.

Also, I hadn't read through the presidents thread before today and I'm still not sure whether I regret doing so or not.

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2010, 05:12:01 PM »
Yes, I was the biggest single contributor to the last time the Fungi Forums was ever fun and exciting. You're welcome.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2010, 05:29:45 PM »
To you, maybe. Little do you plebes all know that this forum was never fun or exciting! Hahaha!
every

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 06:14:57 PM »
It used to be fun.

Because of this forum I got to go to L.A. and meet a bunch of cool people (who are no longer here). That's fun. Every day I got to read many things that amused and delighted me, and was inspired to write things that amused and delighted me.

Now, I only read things that enrage and upset me and usually respond in kind. Almost every thread is a generic "post X here" with no discussion or meaningful theme. Endless unoriginal sexual innuendo are pointed out at every possible chance. Either my sense of humor changed or else anyone with one stopped posting.

Is it anyone's fault in particular that the FF died? Not really. The mature old-timers drifted away, they got replaced by immature new-schoolers, the mods left or stopped caring, people like me got corrupted. Death spiral.

There is still some good, though. Video Game Chat is okay when not talking about POKéMON. Three or four of the Fan Creation threads are seriously pr0 work. The Neptune's Pride game was a hoot. #SilicaGelEmpire is still a very good chatroom.

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2010, 07:08:32 PM »
Nostalgia glasses, man. It's evident that you've changed more than the FF has. You now react negatively and cynically to what the former you would have appreciated, and that change resounds through the board.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2010, 07:10:30 PM »
Weegee, you've been here for like five minutes. LD was just as bitter when you joined as he is now, if not moreso.

And LD, I like how you conveniently dissociate yourself from any of the problems this board has faced. Just because you can QQ about stuff going downhill doesn't mean you didn't cause any of it.

The reason all the old farts (and medium farts like myself) love to whine about this place is because it's undergone a huge member transfusion. All the members we consider to be "cool" or "funny" have been lost in various accidents, and the Internet Hospital has cycled in new members from donors such as 4chan and whatever other happy-buttocks sites new members flock from. We're just an extremely vocal minority that likes to whine about this stuff to whoever'll listen. In short, this place is gaining a new identity, for better or for worse. We used to be a percocious little kid; now we're an obnoxious teenager. Only time will tell what this place will be like a couple years for now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:03:31 PM by Sapphira »
every

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2010, 07:31:59 PM »
Weegee, you've been here for like five minutes. LD was just as bitter when you joined as he is now, if not moreso.

"The Deezer Bunch" doesn't seem particularly bitter, unless it contains some scathing, underlying message which I'm completely missing.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2010, 12:33:51 AM »
While it's true I used to be a way bigger Mario (and video game in general) fan and thus was more engaged in this forum, I don't think I've grown to detest the majority of it because I've changed. There used to be cool, creative people here who didn't just spend every second insisting how right and how cool they are. Yeah, LD has grown more bitter and so I don't even like all the stuff he posts anymore. But we totally lost frostbite, Insane Steve, Watoad, steven9wii, etc. The list goes on.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2010, 06:21:56 AM »
You guys complain about the 4chanification of this place but constantly look for any and all excuses to give rabid lip service to Steven9wii. So like, what gives?
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2010, 06:48:08 AM »
What I like even less than the supposed "4chanification" is that everyone is self-conscious and resentful about it.  So they write posts that reminisce about the good old days instead of writing posts that are reminiscent of the good old days'.

Print