18th Doctor Who
0 (0%)
19th Doctor Who
0 (0%)
Other (Explain in Post)
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Print

Author Topic: Female Doctor Who?  (Read 5628 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: December 04, 2013, 07:27:52 PM »
When will we have a female Doctor Who?  I suspect we'll have to wait at least two decades. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
We won't, because the character is called "The Doctor", not "Doctor Who".
</pedantic>

I bet the Doctor will be a woman sometime within the next ten years. Maybe within the next two or three incarnations?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »
Even though it seems to be a popular speculation (among even Steven Moffat), I somehow doubt it will be any time soon. I wonder if any female actresses have tried for the part or if they themselves decided against it because of how they feel about the idea; that has never been addressed to my knowledge.

On the other hand, I think him being a dude is pretty okay any way you slice it. I mean, I'm not totally against it, but I have some doubts that anyone would be able to see it/utilize it beyond it being more of a gimmick. It would be fun/interesting to be proven wrong though. Also, don't get me wrong; I'm not against a female playing the part, and I don't have doubts that an actress would be able to do it, but there are a lot of other factors/people that would have to work out for it to be a successful move.

My phrase of the day is "I'm not against it," apparently.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 09:37:45 PM »
Just for the fan reaction (or lack thereof), I'd like to see an elderly female Doctor. Knock the wind out of some horny teenagers' sails.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 11:40:09 PM »
It could happen. I'm not very far into the series, but I seem to recall a scene I came across while I was researching the series before I got into it: one of the female companions somehow absorbed part of that Doctor's personality.. (I don't recall the specifics, and am not up to that point in the series yet, so don't spoil me too much if you feel compelled to explain..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 01:30:46 AM »
NEVER
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 02:07:40 AM »
one of the female companions somehow absorbed part of that Doctor's personality

Eh... that's sort of relevant? You'll have to see it for yourself.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 02:08:59 AM »
I hope to see one within my next three re-generations.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 10:08:55 AM »
Maybe the 20th. It'd be cool.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 10:17:44 AM »
I hope to see one within my next three re-generations.

Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »
Any ideas on how they might work "his" wife, daughter, and grand daughter into the change?  Also, how do you think they'll handle the regeneration limit? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 01:03:32 PM »
Just for the fan reaction (or lack thereof), I'd like to see an elderly female Doctor. Knock the wind out of some horny teenagers' sails.
Julie Andrews would be a good Doctor.

Sources:
Mary Poppins.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 03:40:42 PM »
Good Lord, you're right.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print