Print

Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 8940 times)

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 06:17:51 PM »
CC, I'm a little confused. Could you point out the parts I'm supposed to edit?
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 06:17:51 PM »
> Sorry, but I know too much about these forums to be limited by the censors.

I know YOU do, but...

>Anybody who's serious enough to try and hack computers or rewrite messages(which can be done through a different exploit here) can find the way to evade censors and even bans. People can run scripts through the censors, so it's just a waste of our time(it takes longer to post through them) for you to censor script and onl­oad.

... I disagree with this statement.  There are all sorts of script kiddies who don't know wth they're doing, they just cut & paste code in.  Yes, there is the possibility for people to evade the censors, but at least it stops people from breaking the board by putting in invalid code (kinda like that "Edited by CashCrazed" line that's sitting at the top of this thread).

> Don't you want public avatars after so many people asking

I already argued for upgrading the board for a variety of reasons, least of which were avatars, but ran into opposition.

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 06:36:25 PM »
Didn't notice that, ok the edit line's fixed, but I guess you're right about people breaking the board. In that case, I've got an idea. Being that there's custom sutff like the "The Mushroom Kingdom Message Board" banner at the top and the links at the bottom, there must be some sort of headers and footers code you can edit. I can write a function, similiar to what you've seen, to give anyone the function is called for an avatar and/or personal title. People send requests for avatars, you put up a new function call in the footer giving them an avatar. Nobody breaks tables, since all the control is in your hands. And if you don't feel like answering too many requests, say that whatever avatar file they choose is permanent, so the only way to edit the avatar for them is to edit and re-upload the file the URL references(unless their host goes down). Sound reasonable?

Edited by - CashCrazed on 8/3/2004 5:36:59 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 07:01:10 PM »
Now that's a good idea... this will work with some of the ideas I've had to fix some of the board's shortcomings.  Let me work out the details, and I'll get back to you.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 07:31:42 PM »
So I just tell you what picture I want in my avatar and you put it in there?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2004, 10:24:07 PM »
No.  Right now you do nothing.  Just wait.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2004, 01:43:29 PM »
*waits*

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2004, 06:54:50 PM »
Holy cow, I think I just accidentally caused the board to get changed.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2004, 09:41:57 PM »
Hey, I'm the one who offered to do the avatar code! I'm also the reason HTML got (legitimately)enabled here in the first place! (I made a suggestion to enable HTML but censor all the harmful tags, like script, div, table, and now it seems on­load. Deezer actually took it.)

Edited by - CashCrazed on 8/4/2004 8:47:34 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2004, 11:00:57 AM »
Yes, but every great man needs someone to inspire him.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2004, 03:31:25 AM »
Hmmm, pretty cool. I wanna get more into scripting and HTML tagging, but too lazy right now.

---
"Every man needs someone to inspire him." <--- I am self-inspired.
---

TAYL: Talk At Ya Later
Lazer Mario
TAYL: Talk At Ya Later
Lazer Mario

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2004, 09:28:47 PM »
Sorry about reviving this topic, but I've waited long enough. Can we please have avatars? Pweeeeaaase? :D

If not, you're in for one baaaad cow lick.

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2004, 12:55:04 AM »

Edited by - Nameneko on 12/28/2004 11:04:53 PM
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2004, 12:59:36 AM »
Marlie, it's not like there's some "turn on the avatars" button we can push somewhere. This forum doesn't support them.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2004, 04:27:44 PM »
Alrighty. Whatever.

Print