Print

Author Topic: Custom Title?  (Read 66608 times)

« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2006, 04:00:27 PM »
Yeah, these CTs are big insults, and whoever puts them has to stop. Just give us nice CTs, not these insults. Maybe the Mods and Admins have a bone to pick with us...

*I just KNOW that I am going to get a CT for this post, I can feel it like blood rushing to my brain*
Most Wishy-Washy

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #286 on: March 16, 2006, 06:12:37 PM »
Yes. Most of the CTs are getting to be insults, no matter how nice they may seem to be at first. I like my CT, but I'm pretty sure that GiftedGirl is annoyed with hers. And dude677's is really rude. If whoever it is keeps giving out rude CTs, something BAD will happen.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #287 on: March 16, 2006, 08:19:07 PM »
Hmm, Maybe stop talking about them? I mean seriously guys. I know and a lot of other people know you guys are just talking about these CT's so you can get one of your own. DO you think it's "cool" to have one? You shouldn't ask for them. You shouldn't infer that you want one by your complaining about them. C'mon guys. Honestly, you just want to talk about them for attention. It really needs to stop. Did you ever think that if you stopped asking for them, directly or indirectly, you would get them for meritorious reasons? I guess the answer to that one is no. If you can't handle the results, don't ask....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 08:27:49 PM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2006, 08:43:47 PM »
Go, Ks!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #289 on: March 16, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »
Except that some CTs are just the result of everyday comments that may of may not have to do with CTs.

There are some boards, some communities that CTs work for. Apparantly, this is not one of them. Members here whine about not having them, and then whine when they get one they don't like. Seriously. That's the community, not the CTs. What's wrong with titles denoting sub-forum mods, global mods, admins, and banned/muted members? What's so important about using CTs to crack jokes at others' expense?

Put succinctly and in broken English... Why do you need?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 09:13:58 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

« Reply #290 on: March 16, 2006, 10:27:47 PM »
Sorry to go off-topic, but what are muted members?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #291 on: March 16, 2006, 11:26:45 PM »
I thank whoever had the presence of mind to lock this.

To the other members: This thread is locked for a reason. DO NOT MAKE A NEW CT THREAD PLEASE.
~I.S.~

« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2006, 11:20:25 AM »
What's the deal with these stupiod custom titles??? Mine's "Town Whiner" and I want it hone!!!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2006, 11:26:20 AM »
Quote from: The Rules
Custom titles may be used for positive and negative reasons.  If you receive a negative one, or you don't understand your CT, take some time to evaluate your behavior and correct it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2006, 11:32:35 AM »
He wants it honed to perfection! Better make it even better than it is now!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:35:06 AM by TEM »

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2006, 12:05:13 PM »
I still think that the confusion, whining by existing members about having (or not having) titles, and potential decline in the desire for new members to want to join vastly outweighs any deterrent or supposed "humor" that a negative or ambiguous CT can present. And I still think that CTs, the way they are being used, detract from the quality of the forums.

Whatever. Who am I to be making these assessments?

But ya, there was a discussion about this a LONG time ago and it eventually got closed. I completely disagree with this practice, but... ya. Since I can't change it, do what MaxVance said.
~I.S.~

« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2006, 06:20:40 PM »
Okay, I'll remove it (after noting the irony of a person whining to get a whiner label removed, of course). I also disagree with the practice. And I can change them. :)

Print