Print

Author Topic: Next 3-D Mario Game?  (Read 40621 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2007, 06:56:43 PM »
Graphics are what made Sony and Microsoft win it.
Uh, no.  GameCube had superior graphics to PS2 and was essentially even with Xbox.
2. The graphics. Nintendo STILL can't get their graphic priorities straight! Most wii games look like Dreamcast ones. We are missing out on good games that could get ported over if it wasn't for the graphics. Nintendo has been behind in graphics since the Nintendo 64.
In general Nintendo games look good.  3rd party games don't.  And Nintendo had more powerful graphics hardware in the Nintendo 64 and was near the top last gen, so I don't know what you're talking about.  It wasn't until this gen that they were way behind in graphics capability.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 07:00:05 PM by MEGAߥTE »

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2007, 07:02:29 PM »
Graphics don't count, it's gameplay. That's why the PS3 and Xbox 360 are pretty much failures. Also, Halo 3 is just Halo with new graphics.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2007, 07:12:26 PM »
Uh, no.  GameCube had superior graphics to PS2 and was essentially even with Xbox.In general Nintendo games look good.  3rd party games don't.  And Nintendo had more powerful graphics hardware in the Nintendo 64 and was near the top last gen, so I don't know what you're talking about.  It wasn't until this gen that they were way behind in graphics capability.

Sure, they had more powerful hardware with the N64, but they didn't push the graphics to it's limits like the PSX and Saturn did.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »
Unless you're talking about all the pre-rendered stuff on PSX, Nintendo 64 still had better graphics.  And the system pretty well hit its limits if you've ever tried to play multiplayer Perfect Dark.
Sega Saturn?  Really?  Joke post?

silverstarman

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2007, 07:28:34 PM »
Sega Saturn?  Really?  Joke post?

Look at the launch title Pnzer Drgoon, please. Saturn could do it because they had 6 proccessors at the time. There were alot of good looking saturn games, some even better than what the playstation had to offer.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2007, 07:55:57 PM »
Graphics don't count, it's gameplay. That's why the PS3 and Xbox 360 are pretty much failures. Also, Halo 3 is just Halo with new graphics.
Yes, gameplay is important. But that's no excuse for Nintendo to chince on the graphics.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2007, 08:23:27 PM »
ㅤ ㅤ
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:39:39 PM by Mr.Toadsworth »

silverstarman

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2007, 08:47:30 PM »
I think the same way, brutha! But I keep hearing so many people say that graphics make up for it as well. I highly doubt that.

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2007, 09:59:37 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly that graphics come before gameplay but the problem is that the first thing you see of a game is the graphics, you don't actually get to play the game until you buy it and you're only going to buy it if:

A. You're a fan of the series

B. Willing to try something new

or

C. It makes a good impression (nice advertising or graphics).
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2007, 12:52:34 AM »
"chintz".
Also, it's a very good reason, because bringing down the cost of the system and having games that are actually fun is what has made Wii the best selling and most sought after system this generation. So really what the heck are you talking about?
And silverstarman, have you ever seen Dreamcast games? They're not bad for a 9-year old system, but Wii most definitely has greater capabilities. As for Saturn, its ridiculous amount of processors actually made it harder to program for. As for Panzer Dragoon, while it may be the Saturn's best title graphically, it is not more advanced than N64's most graphically advanced titles, so your pronouncement is entirely incorrect. As for PSX graphics, when pushed to the limit, they still look distinctly like junk.
Where I work we had more used copies of Halo 3 sold back to us within the first week or two than any other game in recent memory. And it is seriously not "making" the 360.
That was a joke.

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2007, 06:38:02 AM »
Yes, gameplay is important. But that's no excuse for Nintendo to chince on the graphics.
They're not. They're simply focusing on gameplay and working really hard to make the graphics rock; check out Mario Galaxy, for instance.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

silverstarman

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2007, 07:26:41 AM »
Chupperson Weird: Yes, I own a Dreamcast actually. I'm not saying that every dreamcast game looks better than wii tiles. Some do, most don't, but still, the wii's graphics, not saying I hate them, don't pull off to the standards of the 360 or PS3.

And by pushing the graphics, I meant to what they were capable for, not too hard. Virtua Fighter and Clockwork Knight (two of the saturns oter launch titles) didnt look up to the standards when sega went childsplay on the graphics.

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2007, 07:32:04 AM »
Exactly, because all the PS3 and Xbox 360 work on are graphics, but they only try a little to make the games good.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2007, 04:52:40 PM »
"chintz".
Also, it's a very good reason, because bringing down the cost of the system and having games that are actually fun is what has made Wii the best selling and most sought after system this generation. So really what the heck are you talking about?
I'm talking about the fact that the Wii is considerably weaker than the competition. Just because the games are fun, doesn't mean that it can't have good graphics as well. We should get to have both. As for bringing down the cost of the system, that doesn't matter. They could have more powerful hardware, and still sell it at the same price, and it would sell just as well; probably even better, because the people who care about graphics would be buying it as well, and not just the casual gamers that are buying it for the dumb simple games that the Wii seems to be infested with.
Also, the weaker hardware prevents the 3rd parties from porting many games over.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 04:54:41 PM by goodie »
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2007, 05:02:20 PM »
*ahem
The graphics on the Wii are fine. They are better than the GC's, just not the PS3's. You're just too focused on the graphics instead of the awesome games that the Wii has. Do you see the 2 next-gen consoles? They are the same as their predecessors with shiny graphics. Per say, better lighting effects.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Print