Print

Author Topic: The REAL console debate...  (Read 1923 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 13, 2002, 10:11:50 AM »
Here, you can list any opinions you have about the crappy PlayStation, goody-goody Xbox, and superior GameCube consoles.

Here are my opinions...

PS2 will die because Sony sucks at making games, and it took them over a year to make any decent games for the system... Same with all the other PlayStation junk they've made.

Xbox will do good, because Microsoft is one of the richest companies in America (maybe the world) and they've done great with computer software, so why not the Xbox? The thing is, don't judge the Xbox just because it's Microsoft's first game console; look at what happened to crappy Sony when they released the PlayStation...it became one of the most popular and successful systems of all time!

GameCube will rule all, because it's Nintendo, and Nintendo has the most experience with making great games and systems! Nintendo has been doing this for over 20 years, so why diss them now when they've proven before that they are the number-one videogame company?!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2002, 07:38:11 PM »
i hate new systems.

i am your master. i am fearless and powerful.
i will never leave you.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2002, 07:40:44 PM »
1. sony playstation
2. n64
3. gba

i am your master. i am fearless and powerful.
i will never leave you.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2002, 07:45:18 PM »
Playstation will loose to the GameCube and X-Box will die becuase they are defective have no good games at all so GameCube will survive!

Mario and Yoshi rule!
http://www.geocities.com/chauncey7175/Yoshies_Super_Island.html is a great Place for Yoshi! Ps.Visit the message board! note:Im also Ludwig Von Koopa as well as SuperYoshi7175. Ps.again Ok Join the Mario Clan the only clan totally devoted to Mario!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2002, 01:56:42 PM »
Ok. My two cents:

--The Playstation Saga will never fail. They will be very prominent contenders to Nintendo. Their games are not "crap" as was so eloquently put. The fact that they pounced on the chance to take Squaresoft as their partner in making many of their games (Squaresoft is oh so da bomb) makes them a worthy adversary. The fact that Nintendo messed up by denying Squaresoft early on with their games (sometime after super nintendo) has really hurt them, but they persist, no doubt.

-- Xbox is going to crash and burn. They released it at a bad time after Gamecube and PS2 came out, ruining their chances for hype. It's like some guy making a decent entrance to a party right after a girl makes an extravagant one. Bad move Microsoft. And in addition to that, Japan isn't really that enthusiastic about Xbox. They see it as an inferior machine, and Japan and the US make or break any system. Other countries just go with the flow, but those two are the powerhouses and if one doesn't for it, it's toast. So overall, Microsoft made a decent machine but used horrible timing. Basically, stick to computers Billy.

-- Nintendo will live a long and happy life. If they continue making quality multiplayer games and adventuresome single player games, then there's no stopping them.  Nintendo has pretty much had the monopoly on multiplayer (it's only contender being Dreamcast...let us never speak of Sega again...) and that gives it a good advantage over Sony (hey, of course I'm pro Nintendo. I just want to be logical in their superiority).  Rumor has it that they've reconciled slightly with Squaresoft, which could give birth to FF games on the 'Cube. Overall, Nintendo is here to stay. Long Live Mario and The Mushroom Kingdom. Three Cheers!

--Ok, I know I said never mention it again, but what about Sega? Sega lost it a long time ago. True, they made a very slight return with Dreamcast, but in the end, it was overwhelming. Unless they are brewing an UBERsystem, their days are numbered. Maybe they can get a coffin with X-Box and get a deal or something.

Print