Print

Author Topic: Finally: Online Mario Party!  (Read 3587 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 18, 2007, 07:33:32 PM »

Yes, children, gather 'round, for I have news of great things to come. Possibly to come, that is! That scan above is not a joke: Wi-Fi for Mario Party DS is that much closer to being a reality. This image comes courtesy of Nintendo's latest gaming catalog that hit specialty retailers this week. Unfortunately, Nintendo's mum as of now, with no mention of Wi-Fi for the game on their press site or E3 information. Let's just hope this isn't a repeat of the Mario Hoops 3-on-3 fiasco.

Let's ask you guys: Is Mario Party Wi-Fi happening? If you ask me, out of DS or Wii, I always thought a DS version of Mario Party would be more likely to have Wi-Fi action first.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:30:56 PM »
As a journalist, you're more yellow than a banana! But I wouldn't toss the WiFi idea yet, because it's the first game for the DS. Surely they'll try something slightly new?

I really don't want to play any minigames that scratch up my touchscreen more than necessary, though.

EDIT: Wait a moment. What was this scan taken from? Because I can clearly see the blue Wi-Fi circle in the lower left hand part of the page. Sorry I accused you of yellow journalism-- it seemed as if you were discounting the possibility later in your post.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 08:34:05 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 10:40:50 PM »
Heh, this is something I would love to finally see. And if there isn't Wi-Fi for Mario Party on the DS, at least have some solid local multiplayer. Hopefully that Wi-Fi symbol isn't a deceptive one.

Suffix: I completely agree with the touch screen comment. Leave most of the game to the d-pad, ABXY, and the triggers. And please... no microphone!
-M. Kava
Gaming Addict Since 1993.

Print