Print

Author Topic: Let The Battle Commence! (UK Press Release)  (Read 3871 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 25, 2007, 05:48:14 AM »
Who Will Be The Champion? Find out as Mario Strikers: Charged Football launches this Friday, 25th May, exclusively on Wii

25th May 2007 – Pull on your team colours and prepare for kick-off, as your favourite Nintendo characters take to the pitch. With the rulebook well and truly torn up, Mario Strikers: Charged Football combines football, combat and Wi-Fi gaming to form the ultimate extreme sport. Mario Strikers Charged: Football kicks its way onto Wii across Europe this Friday, 25th May.

Precision passing, skilful saves and phenomenal goals are not all that make up the beautiful game as Mario Strikers: Charged Football adds that little bit extra to one of Europe’s favourite sports. All the rules are gone, as Nintendo introduces a whole new type of football to Wii, where fouled players get special treats with which to avenge themselves and devastating special moves replace set-plays as the ideal way to score!

Mario Strikers: Charged Football is the first Wii game in Europe to use the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service adding a whole new level of competition to the game as players can take on opponents from across Europe to find the champion of the pitch! Players can also compete in ranked tournaments, earning points for each win and the most spectacular goal scored.

With Mario Strikers: Charged Football players can choose whether they want an international match or home nations tournament! Players can select which friends they want to take on in Friendly Mode, by swapping Friend Codes and creating their own personal championship. What’s more, by using their Mii characters to save individual game profiles, multiple players can save their records and settings allowing the whole family to compete using just one Wii console.

Players can immerse themselves deep into the action with Mario Strikers: Charged Football as the Wii Remote and Nunchuk allow real movement to be translated into on-screen action. Basic movement and strikes are executed using the analogue stick and buttons on the Wii Remote, however when quick reactions are needed, players can just flick the Wii Remote which causes the character to check their opponent, hopefully stealing the ball in the process. Players can also use the Wii Remote to perform cat-like saves, defending their goal from Megastrikes by grabbing the ball out of the air.

So forget about fair play and shoot for glory asMario Strikers: Charged Football launches across Europe on 25th May 2007, for the estimated retail price of around £30. Wii is available at the estimated retail price of around £179 and comes bundled with Wii Sports.

end Press Release
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print