Print

Author Topic: Turtle Music and Some Pathetic Sketches  (Read 29536 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »
If I get around to hand-drawing them, probably.  As for the matter of breeding, I just put it in the same egg group as the rest of the Porygons.  *shrugs*

Lastly, I forgot to mention that its signature move, Conversion 3, changes its type to a random one from among all of them (with an increased chance of changing to the same type as the foe).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 11:10:47 AM »
This is something I drew earlier today when I should have been doing homework.

Samus Frigging Aran, ladies and gentlemen.  I know the positioning and size of the arms is a little goofy, and that's my fault.  The choppy shading around the hips, however, can be blamed on my scanner.

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 03:23:01 PM »
I thought that looked odd for pencil there in the middle.  Amazing job on the proportion and stance, and I'm sure the shading looks better IRL than what the scanner felt like showing.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 03:35:40 PM »
I know the positioning and size of the arms is a little goofy

They look fine to me. The creator of the Metroid series could have doodle this.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 02:54:36 PM »
Still on a Samus kick since my last doodle, I decided to try my hand at a custom Samus sprite.

This was the result:

Naturally, after the fact, partly out of fixing some minor things that bugged me, such as the details of her boots and bits of the shading, and partly out of wanting to do a recolor of her in the Gravity Suit (I like the Gravity Suit colors, and don't think it's featured enough compared to the inferior Varia), I came up with this:

I'm using it as my avatar, so I'd like to think it's not bad.

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »
Not bad. Really good, actually.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009, 05:53:08 PM »
That recoloring looks great. Good job! Must have been pretty hard drawing the symbol behind it.
"I'm a grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss!"- Bowser, SPM

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009, 06:02:28 PM »
Heh, I actually just found the backdrop online.

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2009, 08:13:50 PM »
Oh, well... good work on Samus then!
"I'm a grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss!"- Bowser, SPM

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »
Wow, they both have a lot of detail to them. Especially the one that's wearing the Gravity Suit. Nice work. :)
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »
Another doodle that interfered with my schoolwork (you can just make out some calculus problems on the flipside if you look hard enough).

Well, first of all, I'm afraid I ruined the hammers by trying to hard to make them shiny-looking.  They, in particular, were a bit sloppy.  Another thing that bugs me is Mario's right arm.  Something about the positioning and just the way I drew it in general seems off.  Lastly, I probably could have colored and shaded it better. 

Also, you may notice that my Mario and Luigi look a bit like BP's Mario and Luigi, what with the dot-eyes.  We even talked about drawing eyes on #tmk on one occasion; I said I didn't want to rip off his style, but then he brought up the fact that a lot more people use big, shiny anime-esque eyes than dot-eyes.  Of course, a bigger reason for using dot-eyes is that they really are much simpler to draw.  Every time I've tried to draw Mario or Luigi with their "normal" eyes, the result has been a demonic abomination, the likes of which any moderator that shuns evil would delete within five minutes of its being posted.

Other than the above issues, I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.  The scanner didn't mutilate this one nearly as badly as my Samus doodle.  I'm particularly fond of how heroic Luigi looks when striking that pose.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 05:56:01 PM »
I've been trying my hand at some music creation lately.  The first is an original creation (it's meant as the theme for the game I'm making) ... the second is my take on a familiar tune.  The quality could be better, and I think the first one loops less than smoothly (the second isn't meant to); does anyone have any thoughts on the arrangements?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:43:47 PM by Turtlekid1 »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 06:45:44 PM »
My audio submissions have been approved on Newgrounds.  Have a listen.  I'm almost certain it won't make your ears bleed.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2010, 08:16:23 PM »
New one.

Vote 5!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
And on the off chance that anyone is reading this, here's another.

Print