Print

Author Topic: It's been quite a while since I last was here... What happened to this place?  (Read 80542 times)

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2015, 09:52:14 PM »
I wasn't here when it happened, but I feel proud knowing I didn't come here because of that.
Of course considering how stupid I was then (and really still am) I wasn't much better.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2015, 08:08:49 PM »
I name-drop technically knowing the guy who invented advice animals whenever the opportunity tactfully arises.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2015, 12:15:20 AM »
Advice Dog's influence extends beyond other Advice Animals. If you do a Google Image Search for "memes",* practically every single image is one that wouldn't exist were it not for TEM's creation.

*Doing this will also kill your soul
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2015, 01:05:44 AM »
TEM really deserves some sort of monetary compensation for this.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2015, 06:15:41 AM »
Let's crowdfund a statue.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2015, 09:43:13 AM »
I wonder if this was inspired by TEM's picture: 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2015, 10:27:27 AM »
I name-drop TEM even when the conversation isn't on Advice Dog.
I'm a horrible person.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2015, 11:37:57 AM »
Hi Trainman! Hope all is well -- Great post there. I still check the Forums daily but I don't often post. It's pretty cool to see all of the old users coming back every so often just to check up on the place.

Thanks for reminding me of the secret page! That place changes about as much as the forums these days.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2015, 11:45:10 AM »
Let's crowdfund a statue.

A statue wouldn't be bad, but a pizza trophy would be way better. TEM has mentioned "pizza" in ten separate posts, after all.*

*Data gathered from the Fungi Forums Advanced Search Tool.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2015, 11:42:02 PM »
Don't be too jelly, but I've touched the actual dog.

I'm also credited as the first "spread" on the Know Your Meme page although they got the name of the YTMND wrong. It also repeatedly calls Markio "Mariko".

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2015, 06:49:21 AM »
Ah, well, history blurs before our very eyes.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2015, 08:58:28 AM »
I'm glad that I either wasn't around or decided I had nothing to contribute to that thread... because it would have been a post by 14-year-old me, nobody wants one of those to be located that close to the source of the mother of all the memes where everybody would want to go and see
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »
Oh man, I remember being... I think in the chatroom, when that "Happy Pup" TYMND was made.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, there, BP. 2006-me was not a wise child.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
I'm happy I wasn't there because 2006 me was a 5-year old who thought random was funny.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »
Bumping solely because General Chat hasn't been posted in since September. That's pretty bad...
Relics.

Print